• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WHy give it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
They know you're a trustworthy protagonist because you're a teenager with a different overworld sprite than everyone else and you have Badges.

Duh.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I get what Malanu says!
in FireRed, that rocket grunt takes the TM and then I battle the grunt to get it back.
Then the guy decides to NOT CARE about the TM... They should out some logic into this game when it comes to interactions.
Otherwise, our IQ levels may drop.
THANK GOODNESS for the strategy aspect of this.

I get what Malanu says!
in FireRed, that rocket grunt takes the TM and then I battle the grunt to get it back.
Then the guy decides to NOT CARE about the TM... They should out some logic into this game when it comes to interactions.

I think my IQ rises when I play this game. I liek strategyz.

Anyway, why the crap does Gary give you the Fame Checker for free? He says he doesn't give a hoot about other people. Then why's he trying to kick your butt constantly?

Nyter

Island Challenger
uhhhh

I get what Malanu says!

I think my IQ rises when I play this game. I liek strategyz.

Anyway, why the crap does Gary give you the Fame Checker for free? He says he doesn't give a hoot about other people. Then why's he trying to kick your butt constantly?

Another "uhh..?" moment

EDIT: I mean Gary btw!

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Kinda dumb if ya ask me :/

If he was to give it to me, I wont take it...probly give it to the person who actually wants it
But depends of what kinda item it is xD nya~

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
it'd be scary if the egg the stranger gave you was actually a bomb or a GPS thing and he was going to kidnap you

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
He does ask for it back, and tells you you're just as bad as your rival if you say no. There's no penalty for NOT giving it back, so I don't anymore. xD I did the first time, thinking he'd give me something for taking care of it, but if I remember he doesn't...So, yeah, free Shuckle.

Actually if you raise Shuckle's happiness high enough the guy lets you keep it. (He did in the original G/S/C anyway)

But yeah I have to wonder why they just give you these things too but I'm guessing that the person just thinks that the item is safer with you because you are a strong trainer. But people just randomly giving you eggs? That I can't explain.

Last edited:

Peanuts

Junky
Actually...isn't that usually always covered in the games?

If I'm not mistaken they all give the same response too "I was going to use it for this purpose, but I believe it would be better suited in your hands."

So, they realize that their precious item wasn't nearly as precious as they thought it was, and perhaps useless in their own hands.

A trainer without an Eevee gives a water stone to a trainer with an Eevee. I'm guessing that's how the NPCs and such see it, they're being good samaritans and doing their daily good deed.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I always wondered why they don't use it themselves. Similarly I cannot have been the only guy who walked in this whole time.

11DBHK

Banned
So I'm playing through some of the pokemon games and it hits me...

Why do some people in the game refuse to give an item to a person asking for it (ie team rocket or who ever) Yet when YOU battle them so the person can keep it, they just gives you their precious item?

Seems kinda oxymoronic if you ask me!
hmmmm.....there's a village idiot joke in there somewhere...

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Not many things in Pokemon make sense at all if you think about it. In this case, I suppose by battling you sort of earn it. =/

No "4th wall" excuses Mattj :p

Malanu, you do know that wasn't mattj, right? It does at times seem confusing how many people have that avatar.

In any case, yes, I've found this confusing since the first games. In Red/Blue/Yellow, the Rocket Grunt steals one person's TM for Dig. You battle and get it back, but you can't return the TM to its owner! I never could figure that out, and it felt like the game makes you steal it.

Meowth City

Staff member
In any case, yes, I've found this confusing since the first games. In Red/Blue/Yellow, the Rocket Grunt steals one person's TM for Dig. You battle and get it back, but you can't return the TM to its owner! I never could figure that out, and it felt like the game makes you steal it.
Yeah, same thing as the guy in the Ice Path in HGSS. He doesn't want his HM Waterfall after you forces you to get it.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
They usually think its better off in the hands of a trainer that might actually use it to its full potential, but then, why send on the mission to get it for in the first place? Make up your mind. (ex. That Hiker is HG/SS with rock climb.)

Status
Not open for further replies.