• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why has Gou not tried to actually keep pokemon on his team?

nickdt

I really don't get why he is content with putting almost all Pokemon that he catches into storage instead of actually using them on his team to get stronger and be more prepared for when he encounters Mew.

tbh, last few episodes it seems Gohs team is Raboot - Farfetch'd (He uses it more than his other mons combined) and Sobble.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Because they're a means to an end for him. It's not like Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, or the SM classmates where Pokemon are their friends. They're a tool

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Because they're a means to an end for him. It's not like Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, or the SM classmates where Pokemon are their friends. They're a tool

I don't know how many times I've argued against this logic, but I'll just reiterate that he's interacted with his Pokemon a lot more than people give him credit for, so the idea that he only sees them as tools doesn't make sense when he's been shown to treat them more like pets than just mere objects.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
AuraChannelerChris said:
Uh, what Quagsire? What does the GS Ball have to do with Goh rotating his massive numbers?

I think he was making a joke about your "once in a blue moon" remark since that's the dub title of EP127 [the episode that involved Nuoh and the GS Ball].

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Wingulltrainer

I really don’t understand goh’s purpose, other than to make ash look bad by catching every Pokémon he sees. Wasn’t that ash’s original goal?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I really don’t understand goh’s purpose, other than to make ash look bad by catching every Pokémon he sees. Wasn’t that ash’s original goal?
No. Ash's goal was, is, and will always be to be a Pokemon Master. Catching every Pokemon makes up part of that goal no doubt but certainly not all of it.
As for Go's purpose, he exists to be someone for Ash to interact with, just like every other character.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't recall Ash ever stating to catch every single Pokémon was part of what he needed to be a Pokémon Master. Or else, he'd be as catch-crazy as Goh currently is.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:
Catching every Pokemon makes up part of that goal no doubt but certainly not all of it.

It doesn't make up part of that goal, otherwise Satoshi would be trying to capture every Pokemon the way that Gou is. We still have no idea what a Pokemon Master actually is, but it's clear via common sense that collecting every species of Pokemon isn't a prerequisite for achieving that title.

Leonhart

Imagineer
AJ97 said:
Random fact. Early on in Kanto, Ash did view catching a lot of pokemon as a big deal. This is pretty evident when he finds out that Gary has captured more Pokemon than him and feels insecure and bummed about it and catches a krabby with a stick lol.

He never really did much with his jealousy over Shigeru's collection after that point however considering that he mostly took his next captures in stride and only caught things like Okorizaru and Betbeton in the next dozen or so episodes in order to quickly solve a problem. He did seem interested in capturing more exotic species in the Safari Zone episode, but we all know how that turned out.