• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why has Gou not tried to actually keep pokemon on his team?

09Murphym

I really don't get why he is content with putting almost all Pokemon that he catches into storage instead of actually using them on his team to get stronger and be more prepared for when he encounters Mew.

Red and Blue

He does occasionally bring his captures with him to other regions as shown with Beedrill and Farfetchd. And Sobble appears with him after its capture two weeks ago. He probably will start to build a team and rotate the more the series goes on

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
He does occasionally bring his captures with him to other regions as shown with Beedrill and Farfetchd. And Sobble appears with him after its capture two weeks ago. He probably will start to build a team and rotate the more the series goes on
I agreed and glad they did this now before end of this series....i would be so mad at that if they did wait untill end of this series to do that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I really don't get why he is content with putting almost all Pokemon that he catches into storage instead of actually using them on his team to get stronger and be more prepared for when he encounters Mew.
Goh clearly is just catching Pokemon left and right with Critical Captures just to give him an excuse to appear every episode and do something. The fact he's not even doing a real effort to look for Mew (as in researching sightings) would be the reason he's not amassing Ghost-, Dark-, or Bug-types to capture it...because he's totally going to just toss a ball at its fluffy forehead and finish the day.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Goh doesn't need to train his Pokemon when he can just throw Pokeballs at Mew. And people always say something like 'but Mew's too strong!' but that's a dumb argument because by that logic Goh's screwed anyways because it's not like he could get his Pokemon to Mew's level with simple training...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think he'll slowly add more Pokemon to his main team, but I have doubts about him training his Pokemon, at least to the same extent that Satoshi does. I don't think we really need a second Satoshi in the cast, so I'd prefer if Gou places less emphasis on training and sticks to collecting.

Luthor

I'm hoping Go will fail to catch mew at the end of the series. But that's why him and Ash stop travelling together as he's now more focused on his goal and wants to go on alone.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
I'm hoping Go will fail to catch mew at the end of the series. But that's why him and Ash stop travelling together as he's now more focused on his goal and wants to go on alone.

That would be one way to write Gou out of the series, although it would feel like a letdown to me if he finishes his time in the series without achieving his goal. In the past other companions left without achieving their dreams too, but in Gou's case, I think his goal of acquiring Mew sounds much easier than the goals of the other cast members.

09Murphym

That would be one way to write Gou out of the series, although it would feel like a letdown to me if he finishes his time in the series without achieving his goal. In the past other companions left without achieving their dreams too, but in Gou's case, I think his goal of acquiring Mew sounds much easier than the goals of the other cast members.
How is catching mew easier, especially if Gou has not actually put in any effort to build up his actual team?

Mew29240

How is catching mew easier, especially if Gou has not actually put in any effort to build up his actual team?

Because it's up to the whim of one Pokemon (who can be swayed) compared to the other dreams that typically involved a competition with people after the same thing?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Because it's up to the whim of one Pokemon (who can be swayed) compared to the other dreams that typically involved a competition with people after the same thing?
No..it is more like the a writers doesn't really care about make Gou put himself a team to battle and catch Mew as they just add stupid go idea of thow a Monster ball at wild Pokemon and didn't battle against to weak it enough to catch it .

Leonhart

Imagineer
09Murphym said:

Because capturing Mythicals is something that's been done by characters before, so it doesn't seem implausible to me that Gou would do the same, and in the case of Mew specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if it allows itself to be caught by Gou eventually since it seems likely that they could have a bonding moment.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Because his goal is to catch them all. His goal does not involve using them but getting them all. If his goal actually required them to performance, battle and what not then he would use them without a second thought or so I think. He simply collects them.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Because there's a limit of 6 to how many he can travel with no matter how many he catches

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:
Because there's a limit of 6 to how many he can travel with no matter how many he catches

He could always rotate his Pokemon around, as many others have suggested in the past. The only thing that's lacking is motivation since Gou typically captures Pokemon by chucking Monster Balls at them without weakening them first on most occasions, so he has no real reason to carry multiple Pokemon with him if he doesn't think that he'll need them to battle wild Pokemon before he catches them.

Mew29240

He could always rotate his Pokemon around, as many others have suggested in the past. The only thing that's lacking is motivation since Gou typically captures Pokemon by chucking Monster Balls at them without weakening them first on most occasions, so he has no real reason to carry multiple Pokemon with him if he doesn't think that he'll need them to battle wild Pokemon before he catches them.

We've seen Goh use a Status-inducing move against that Giant Magikarp, a "harder" catch. He'll probably keep this up against evolved Pokemon or unusually strong ones at least.