• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why hasn't Ash got more Pokemon in Kalos yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
Seriously, come on! Get with the program!

I watched the first Kalos episode in English, and you had this extreme confidence in your voice when you said "I want to win the League this time!"

You've been through 5 Regions already, when will you learn?

You will never win if you don't capture more Pokemon!

Professor Oak first told you that all the way in 1998!

zhixun

I watched the first Kalos episode in English, and you had this extreme confidence in your voice when you said "I want to win the League this time!"

Quality is over quantity in my opinion. If you are strong enough then you can win the league anyway. Like Takuto uses only Darkrai in all but one matches.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Because capturing more Pokemon worked so well in Unova? Like was said earlier Quality>>>>>>>>Quantity.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

This may turn out to be a slow series, so I'm pretty confident that Ash will be able to train a powerful team by the time the League comes around.

Also, Ash shouldn't have more than six Pokémon per region, because it means that at least one of them will get shafted.

Janovy

Banned
Ash catching a lot Pokemon?

That will allow him to win?

Someone hasn't seen Best Wishes.

Ash catching a lot Pokemon?

That will allow him to win?

Someone hasn't seen Best Wishes.

Yeah, I agree: Ash needs to raise a team of 5 to 6 well as opposed to catching 9-10 and then mishandling them. Ideally, it would be best if he caught many and trained them all well, but it's impossible to do that for the most part.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
As the others said, quality is more important that quantity.

Which team do you think had the most success during their respective local League?

Team Hoenn: Pikachu/Swellow/Grovyle/Corpish/Torkoal/Glalie

or

Team Unova: Pikachu/Unfezant/Oshawott/Pignite/Snivy/Scraggy/Leavanny/Boldore/Palpitoad/Krookodile

Sure, Unova may have had more type variety, but in terms of training and power Hoenn had the advantage. So, I think that it would be better to focus on very few Pokemon and train all of them to a high level instead of having an uneven team made of mid and mid-high Pokemon, with just a few powerful enough to face a League (which, remember, has a lot of Trainers who have trained as much or even more than you).

X Drake

I Am Groot
As the others said, quality is more important that quantity.

Which team do you think had the most success during their respective local League?

Team Hoenn: Pikachu/Swellow/Grovyle/Corpish/Torkoal/Glalie

or

Team Unova: Pikachu/Unfezant/Oshawott/Pignite/Snivy/Scraggy/Leavanny/Boldore/Palpitoad/Krookodile

Sure, Unova may have had more type variety, but in terms of training and power Hoenn had the advantage. So, I think that it would be better to focus on very few Pokemon and train all of them to a high level instead of having an uneven team made of mid and mid-high Pokemon, with just a few powerful enough to face a League (which, remember, has a lot of Trainers who have trained as much or even more than you).
Although didn't Ash get top 8 with both teams?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Although didn't Ash get top 8 with both teams?

True, but in Hoenn's case he used only six Pokemon, which could have been quite easy to predict and to counter, and yet he managed to go really far, despite this flaw.

World Turtle

I've always preferred Pikachu + 5 others to make a full team of 6 with maybe 1 alternate.

Though TBH I think Ash catching more could work if and only if they give him one Starter (like in AG and XY). Starters tend to be Spotlight Stealers.

Haunter ゴースト

This post is so painful to read because of the arrogance it holds.

1 - Catching more Pokemon is irrelevant when it comes to winning a League - how does owning more mean he's stronger? It doesn't.
2 - Why should he have to catch a bunch of Pokemon right from the get go? In the Anime Plot, it's because Ash hasn't come across many Pokemon who want to join or he's wanted to catch, in reality it's because the writers want to pace the saga which is brilliant.

EDIT:

3 - When you play the Pokemon games, do you catch hundreds of Pokemon for your final team? They must be incredibly underlevelled and low levelled since you have so many Pokemon to train, despite only being able to use Six at the E4.
4 - If Pokemon was real, would you seriously catch hundreds of Pokemon and believe you're stronger than everyone capable of winning the League?

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash only had a team of four when he reached his third and fourth gym battles in Hoenn.. and once Hawlucha joins the team, he'll be in exactly the same situation for Kalos.. So it's not like he's trailing behind with captures..

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
This post is so painful to read because of the arrogance it holds.

1 - Catching more Pokemon is irrelevant when it comes to winning a League - how does owning more mean he's stronger? It doesn't.
2 - Why should he have to catch a bunch of Pokemon right from the get go? In the Anime Plot, it's because Ash hasn't come across many Pokemon who want to join or he's wanted to catch, in reality it's because the writers want to pace the saga which is brilliant.

I agree. I don't want to see another cluttered team with Pokemon struggling for a second of spotlight. It's better to develop the current Pokemon, before getting some new Pokemon that will be trained and developed in due time.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash has proven that he does better in a league by mixing a new core team with his older reserves anyway.. Endless captures would be pointless..

MattySadler

Because there is a very small pool of Kalos-native Pokemon to choose from and they couldn't really get away with giving him more than one or two Pokemon from earlier generations. They're just pacing themselves. Be patient, young one.

Status
Not open for further replies.