• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why hasn't Snivy changed at all since her debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeStack

I just realised that her gender and 3 of her moves were revealed in her debut episode, and then her final move was revealed a few episodes later. But she hasn't evolved or learned any moves, and I don't recall her character being developed all that much.

I can understand something like Palpitoad not changing much, because we never see the darn thing, but we see Snivy fairly often.

Thoughts?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Probably because the writing in BW is generally poor. Ash's Unova team is poorly handled in every area, not just Snivy.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Probably because the writing in BW is generally poor. Ash's Unova team is poorly handled in every area, not just Snivy.

Pignite and Pikachu have been handled pretty well... but yeah you're right :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Agreed, giving Ash so many pokemon and barely developing any of them was a bad idea.

As for why Snivy itself isn't developing? Who knows, its probably the writers way of doing a bad copy of Kanto with the starter forms.

Agreed, giving Ash so many pokemon and barely developing any of them was a bad idea.

As for why Snivy itself isn't developing? Who knows, its probably the writers way of doing a bad copy of Kanto with the starter forms.

Completely agreed. I like Pignite's development as well as Sewaddle's though. :D

SlimeStack

Why fix what isn t broken?

A character that never changes or reveals anything new is a broken character. Even Ash has changed since BW001, and he's the character who hasn't developed at all since the original series.

Snivy simply has too much screen time for a static character. Most of his other Unova Pokémon and even Pikachu have gone through some sort of change over the series. I think Palpitoad is the only one who has gotten nothing, but like I said before that's fine because he only exists for specific battles and isn't part of the core cast.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Because the writers have run out of ideas. no seriously, BW hasn't been all that great so far.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I just wish Ash would evolve his Pokemon, it's pretty lame when he's taking out Roxie's pokemon with his little guys. And even though Water is super effective against rock I was annoyed by how Ash's Oshawott and Dawn's Piplup just suddenly smoked all the Onix and had them running scared.

Kokatsu

I just wish Ash would evolve his Pokemon, it's pretty lame when he's taking out Roxie's pokemon with his little guys. And even though Water is super effective against rock I was annoyed by how Ash's Oshawott and Dawn's Piplup just suddenly smoked all the Onix and had them running scared.

don't see how it is lame at all

stylesbk

@stylesbk
Well I guess considering she's 3rd gym leader it kind of makes sense his pokemon wouldn't be evloved yet but still by the end of the season they'll prolly make one evolve only.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I just realised that her gender and 3 of her moves were revealed in her debut episode, and then her final move was revealed a few episodes later. But she hasn't evolved or learned any moves, and I don't recall her character being developed all that much.

I can understand something like Palpitoad not changing much, because we never see the darn thing, but we see Snivy fairly often.

Thoughts?

Changed how? Oh, you mean when it comes to attacks. Well, I really don't care about that. I just wanted it to evolve atleast once. They could still keep her same attitude but if she evolved than her moves would change automatically.

SlimeStack

Changed how? Oh, you mean when it comes to attacks. Well, I really don't care about that. I just wanted it to evolve atleast once. They could still keep her same attitude but if she evolved than her moves would change automatically.

I mean attacks, evolutionary form and personality. She's the exact same on all fronts as she was when she debuted. It's not like Snivy's personality has to change, I'd just like to know more about her. Revealing a new side to her would be something new and what I am calling a change in this context.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
She probably hasn't changed since the writers like how she currently is.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
She's becoming more of a Brock than anything. Static Personality.

Brock worked for over a decade, mainly because what personality he had was (largely) inoffensive.

Snivy takes her personality from a common character archtype, and has a decent inventory of moves.

Just sayin'.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Because the writers have run out of ideas. no seriously, BW hasn't been all that great so far.

Lol, what? Even though BW has been all about trying new ideas and not sticking to all the old ones, and that's what's been whined about for all this time?

I guess for you, "running out of ideas" means "not exactly replicating how Diamond/Pearl was written."

Lol, what? Even though BW has been all about trying new ideas and not sticking to all the old ones, and that's what's been whined about for all this time?

I guess for you, "running out of ideas" means "not exactly replicating how Diamond/Pearl was written."

I agree. People can hate on BW all they want but the excuse that BW has run out of ideas is one of the most complaints I have heard. You may not like BW but don't blame it for being something it's not which is a predictable saga.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I agree. People can hate on BW all they want but the excuse that BW has run out of ideas is one of the most complaints I have heard. You may not like BW but don't blame it for being something it's not which is a predictable saga.

The handling of Ash's BW team has been horrible though, regardless of what else BW improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.