• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why/How does May have a Torkoal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethal Xsanity

I thought this was odd, In My Emerald Version during the 2nd Battle with May,
She has Mudkip and Torkoal,and the 3rd battle she does not have the Torkoal anymore,she instead has a slugma and another different pokemon along with marshtop.
Im asking this because i bought Emerald from ebay and it is obviously a Rom version of it loaded in the GBA cartdrige and sold in multiple copies.
SO, Is this in the original game? or has my game been tampered/Hacked with.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Dude......First no rom talk, Second.....you kinda....nevermind...

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
It probably has.

lethal Xsanity

BCVM22:

Yes I thought I should give some background info instead of randomly asking;
Why does she have a Torkoal?
and getting an ignorant response.

THEN, I Asked if it is in your Emerald, If not,then i would know that it has been "Hacked" with,because other than this, Everything is fine.

jb08045:

I'm Not playing off a Rom, I'm Playing from my Game Boy Advance,and I'm Sure that the company I brought it from, Sell's the abundant amount of Emerald's that are Copied Rom's in GBA Cartridges. If I'm Wrong then please excuse me.

pokemonmasterhustler:

Yes,Thank you.

BCVM22

The point was that your knowledge on the first count should completely preclude you from having to ask the question. If you actually wasted money on a game that is nothing more than a ROM dumped to a cartridge, the real surprise would be if it hadn't been tampered with or otherwise screwed up.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yep, hacked. May will always have the starter in some form, and never can have a torkoal, so that's a giveaway.

Any other questions, please use the Help thread. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.