• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why I think the 5th Generation will be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
Well, seeing as it's confirmed, I guess it's now perfectly legal to talk about it...

Arceus, last Pokémon of the 4th Generation, is the Alpha. Creator of all.

How can they top that?

I think...

the last Pokémon of the 5th Generation will be...

The Omega.

The destroyer of everything.

The end.

Hence, the last generation.

In the game it will be met at Level 100.

And there should be 107 Pokémon introduced in G5, rounding the total off at a nice round 600.

That is my theory.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Wow, not only is this a 5th gen thread, it talks about Pokemon ending and it mentions Arceus as God.

You're going for variety I see.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I think 600 is a good number for total Pokemon, but I am not certain that Generation 5 will be the end. If it is, then this Omega you mention is a good choice for a last Pokemon.

I expect RSE remakes in G5 in addition to the new region (whatever it may be) of course, so I do not think that the next slate of RPGs will be the last versions, but maybe the last original ones.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
There not going to stop if they keep making money.

HookShot

Shiny get!
The idea of Arceus being the be-all-end-all was used to justify the series ending in Gen 4. Look how that turned out.

Also keep in mind we have no reason to believe an Arceus counterpart is even going to be made.

PokeN3rd

Not Gem King Kilik
I disagree that this post means there will be a Generation V. To be honest with you, it appears to just be a generic response. If you follow the guy/girl's account who posted that you'll see that they asked if it was true. They were answered with the same reply. I imagine that's just what they tell them in case they do make a Generation V, while in the meantime they decide whether or not they actually will.

Also, you think if they would put information like that out on Twitter they would announce it somewhere else as well, or at least hint to it somewhere else if this was true? While it may point to another Pokemon that could very well be a counter part to Arceus, it doesn't point to a whole new Generation. Orre was a new land but it didn't have new Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon aside. For all we know it could be a new type of Shadow Pokemon. Who knows.

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
Pokemon will keep going as long as the people who made it are still making money.Also, that link dosen't confirm much, some random person could just pretend to be the pokemon company.

RichRI322

very good point.. it'll be really sad to see it end. they should end it all with a new version with a non-color name. like Pokemon Forever or Pokemon Eternity

denizenofevil

It sounds silly but Asian people (like me) don't like the number 4. If you notice in Japanese and Chinese cultures, you don't give give gifts in numbers of 4. My parents had my little brother because we were a family of 4 so having him would make us 5. Since there are 4 generations which is an unlucky number (the word for death is similar to the number 4 in many Asian languages) to Asians, this generation probably won't be the last.

Of course, as other posters have mentioned, they might just keep making them because it's making money.

BCVM22

Holy ****, people. Literally, holy ****.

This isn't news. It's a generic Twitter response to some clod, much like some of you who think that Japanese Nintendo properties get major announcements on American-based Twitter accounts as responses to clods. What do you expect them to say? "Actually, this is it for now. Have fun with HeartGold and SoulSilver!"?

Again, holy ****ing ****, people. Honestly. Is there any thought before processing information and regurgitating it? Any? At all?

And on the subject of clods, does anyone really think that the end of the franchise is anywhere in sight? Really?

Honestly.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I have a funny feeling that the 5th Gen will be the last as well but I hope I'm wrong.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
And on the subject of clods, does anyone really think that the end of the franchise is anywhere in sight? Really?

Honestly.

No. As if.

Which is why an XD sequel is inevitable, R/S/E remakes are inevitable, more "God" Pokémon are inevitable. It's all inevitable... in the end... unless they specifically state somewhere that they won't be following certain ideas or that Pokémon is "ending."

The idea of Pokémon "ending" would be like Nintendo saying, "Oh, we've used Mario as a mascot for 30 years, but he's not that popular anymore. We've decided to spontaneously stop selling any and all merchandise related to Mario."

For once, BCVM22, I actually agree with you.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it. I have a feeling it will be like the Japanese equivalent of Mickey Mouse. HeartGold and SoulSilver sold out within 2 days of release in Japan. Millions pre-ordered while 100,000 purchased it in store. Pokemon is a money maker. They're going to milk it as much as they can. They waited ten years just to have any Pokemon even follow you besides Pikachu. Just now did they decide to animate special trainers. They have secrets hidden in their sleeve. They are preserving their ideas and improving each new set of games in moderation.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
I see no reason why the series will end at 5. Not only is 5 an annoying, prime number, but does anybody remember Mew? Before Arceus, it was the god pokemon. But that didn't stop the series did it? No, they introduced Lugia and Ho-oh and Celebi and more, yet they had all been topped previously by Mew! So really, all pokemon after #150 are redundant, since they can't top Mew... until somebody decided that the aforementioned pink cat was getting old and made Arceus. But will the series end after Arceus? Of course not! It still makes money, and we'll probably just get some new legends that are awesome but not "godly".

Also, if Twitter is now a place where any facts are actually gleaned, then my name is Jennifer. (BTW, it isn't)

MrPostman

Viceroy

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Because Twitter is such an official source of information, isn't it?

New games will be made as long as money can be *****d - more specifically, a new handheld console means a new generation of games, right? So with the next big thing comes a new game and new Pokemon.

Also, I don't claim to be religious or have read any sort of religious text thoroughly, but I'm pretty sure that the various Gods and Creators aren't mentioned right at the end of the various bibles, they'd be mentioned near the beginning. So in what way would this ever signify Arceus being the end, or for that matter, any further even more powerful being acting as the cut-off point? It doesn't make any sense.

D

Deleted member 11515

5th gen was confirmed a long time ago
but what's to discuss

you don't even have titles ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.