• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Ash even needed?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
At this point, Ash is so iconic as pikachu to be replaced, at least to the anime. If it was by Johto's end or Sinnoh's end, maybe, but now, I'm damn sure he's going to nowhere.

SatoSereFan224888

Man, you guys can keep wishing that but if any time he was to retire it would have been in Best Wishes or Sun and Moon and that didn't happen.

I like his character, he's my favorite and am glad the Anime kept him as lead character though i do hope they change the Animation again, Sun and Moon does not fit Ash in my opinion.

I agree the SM makes Ash look terrible but god he looks ever uglier in CG.

Still my idea is in Galar Ash is now a tutor for young trainers. He goes there to find someone he can teach. He bumps into the female avatar from the games, she recognizes him and asks him to be her teacher. Ash says yes so they start their journey. By the way for now, I’m calling the female Galar trainer Sara until an official name is announced.

DatsRight

I feel like SM would have been the ideal opportunity for Ash to be tutoring the others given the league premise, but they seem to just be going for some quick boost ups at the tail end.

Ash is like a second mascot after Pikachu, so of course he's needed. I get why some fans got sick of him I really do, but the same folks who despise him now would probably get tired of his replacement anyways.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Ash is like a second mascot after Pikachu, so of course he's needed. I get why some fans got sick of him I really do, but the same folks who despise him now would probably get tired of his replacement anyways.

Only if his replacement was on for as long as he was and never won any game League. Make no mistake, people would instantly become fine with Ash being the main if he won a game League, possibly even the Alola League. People want to see him progress, and we all know that he has the Pokémon to win a League, even if you discount released (so far) Pokémon like Ash-Greninja.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As others have stated, Satoshi is iconic in the sense that he's well-known even to people who don't follow the series closely. He's the face of the anime, so he's necessary as far as marketing is concerned.