• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Ash so weak, dumb and naive come start of every new anime generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
He's not...only in BW.

Literally every other region, he has steady progression and got consistently stronger, and smarter (in regards to Pokemon stuff) along with becoming more mature and less cocky, annoying and arrogant.

He only loses early on because he always starts off with weak Pokemon, but it has nothing to do with him (unless he's unfocused for whatever reason). But he's always been consistently progressing (excluding BW).

DatsRight

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't BW Ash at least far more laid back and sociable than OS Ash and even AG Ash?

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
Honestly, the only time I find him to be incompetent and such a novice is in the BW saga. He clearly acts like an amateur throughout that series, but not in the other sagas. Plus, even though I'd find it BS for Pikachu to lose in the later anime (blame the writers sometimes), he's still pretty dang strong.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
BW was a huge mistake

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
If we're taking this in a real world sense, if I were somewhere unfamiliar, I would look naive.

I feel that in Ash's case, not only is he somewhere new and unfamiliar with new Pokemon, the technical sise of the anime is to promote the games and sell them. I guess a combination of unfamiliar territory and the writers wanting the show off the games is very likely in my mind.

Only in BW did Ash become a dimwitted rookie Trainer again. In other cases, he knew what he was doing for the most part.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Because the status quo is the greatest evil that Pokemon and superhero comics have ever known

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Ok, why isn´t this Bait Thread closed yet?

I just reported it but we need a lot of reports to make it close

No you don't. Threads don't get closed based on the number of reports you flood the staff with. One report is enough if the mod decides the thread breaks a rule.

Also, Ash has regressed at the start of a generation - Gen V to be exact - so it isn't even baiting. I do think the OP is wrong about it happening every time, and the thread was badly worded, but I don't think it was made with ill intentions and you have the freedom not to reply.

Last edited:

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
He's not. You may get that impression because he starts with a fresh new team each gen, but really, in XY he's been nothing short of amazing.

Yeah but he does loose quite a lot personalty BWsometimes
I really hope it doesnt happen in SM but for what we'fe seen so far... IDK

nandermind

pokemon is more like what if cases for me

what if ash is on kanto
what if ash is on jotho
what if ash is on hoenn
what if ash is on sinnoh
what if ash is on unnova
what if ash is on kalos
and what if ash is on alola

so i wont expect a lot anymore from pokemon anime

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

John Trainer

John Trainer
Ash is a representation of the avatar in the games. Coming in knowing nothing and leaving knowing everything only to reset as nothing.

ThePokemonmaster11

Ash never seems to progress because he isn't allowed to age and mature with each season and the writers give him a new team each season. Hence why I've moved onto the fanfiction community, where I've found writers who are better than the actual writers. Traveler by The Straight Elf puts the anime to shame.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash never seems to progress because he isn't allowed to age and mature with each season and the writers give him a new team each season. Hence why I've moved onto the fanfiction community, where I've found writers who are better than the actual writers. Traveler by The Straight Elf puts the anime to shame.

So why don't they just make a new protagonist for each season? Oh right have your cake and eat it too...

Status
Not open for further replies.