• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Dawn and Chloe the only ones to watch in person?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It being too much if pain to get all the VAs is the actual main reason i would think.

Why dawn and chloe was chosen, probably did come from wanting to get as much screentime for pikachu, eevee, and piplup, aka the three most marketed cute mascots.

Why goh was shipped away is still thebonly thing that doesn’t make much sense.

diesglamouris

Better to ask why writers don't bring Satoshi to Grand Festivals, Leagues or other big events to cheer his friends he isn't travelling with.

For whatever reason (time, money, responsibilitiles, lifes to live), his friends simply didn't travel to or stay in Galar the same way we don't usually to cheer our foreign friends a couple of hours. Deal with it.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Dawn is there because she's something of a recurring character in PM 2019 (thanks to BDSP/PLA promo) and her seiyuu was obviously available.

I would've liked to see Brock, Misty and Serena there as well (since I'm under the impression their seiyuus relatively easy to get a hold of), but I guess you could argue the latter two would be fulfilling the same function as Dawn and it would've led to overcrowding.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Iris would’ve joined Dawn and Koharu but there wasn’t enough seats while live streaming was a more convenient route for anyone else wanting to see Ash and Dande’s battle.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Chloe is a main character in this series, and Dawn had essentially diluted the impact of her presence by this point after two separate stints that her being in the stadium would not register as a major thing, and thus detract from the final round on hand.

KukuiFanatic501

Dawns practically a recurring character at this point and her presence overshadows a lot of the other main companions via Gen 4 focus

But yeah, the biggest reason is probably VA availability and that’s honestly fair. I feel a lot of fans would’ve been even more annoyed if the companions were physically at the stadium but didn’t say anything or interact with ash (since that needs VAs) so it was easier to have them watch the battle from their own locations and be voiceless so that it’s better justification for still cameos.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Iris would’ve joined Dawn and Koharu but there wasn’t enough seats while live streaming was a more convenient route for anyone else wanting to see Ash and Dande’s battle.
And being in that tree provided a perfect opportunity for Haxorus to grab him and her apples while they watched. Dinner and a movie

satopi

And being in that tree provided a perfect opportunity for Haxorus to grab him and her apples while they watched. Dinner and a movie
I also liked that Gladion wasn’t in a corner, observing from afar, he was front and center watching the outcome.

And Iris was just outside the stadium. She wasn’t like Alan who went home and never showed his face again.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I also liked that Gladion wasn’t in a corner, observing from afar, he was front and center watching the outcome.

And Iris was just outside the stadium. She wasn’t like Alan who went home and never showed his face again.
You're completely right. A supportive queen. We don't even have anywhere near the village of Dragons and no sign it's Unova fully so she obviously congratulated him after the match outside.

And ugh, I do with Gladden participated but then I remember Alain.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You're completely right. A supportive queen. We don't even have anywhere near the village of Dragons and no sign it's Unova fully so she obviously congratulated him after the match outside.

And ugh, I do with Gladden participated but then I remember Alain.
Both Paul and Gladion were spared of that embarrassment. Paul is probably just as strong as Ash at least.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

?

What are you even talking about? Iris is back in unova the same way alain is back in kalos.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Chloe was there because she already achieved her goal of meeting every eevee evolution there is, thus has nothing else to do.

satopi

Yeah. I could understand a problem with her seiyuu (fees or whatever) and elaborate an in-world rationale about this, but still from the viewer's side it's very weird.
I don’t think they wanted any companions to distract the attention away from this big moment. I thought they would at least have everyone say “Satoshi” before the big faint bait.
Because anime!Iris is way too into trees than what game!Iris...

Come to think of it, I don't think game!Iris has ever been seen being Tarzan.
We’ve established that game!Iris and anime!Iris are completely different people. How could I forget your initial complaints for swinger anime!Iris to uplift ADHD game!Iris.

I’ve not seen one vine swung by game!Iris. Only her eccentric Ash 2.0 nature.

satopi

I mean you tell me why she specifically needed to go a tree that overlooks opelucid city behind it just to a stream a match taking place somewhere she was at.
Maybe to show everyone around the world is watching? Too bad her friend Shobu didn’t appear with her. We know Cabernet hasn’t shown her face since she got humiliated way too many times.