• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why is emerald version still 30$

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
i went to gamestop the other day to get a DSi and when i looked at the gameboi games it said EMERALD VERSION $29.99.
Does anyone think that is to much for a game that came out in 2005...

The Flash

I like shorts!
its because gamestop knows that its worth something because of pal park and blah blah blah. its dumb, but they're a company, and they want money. i bought a new version of fire red for 20 bucks at target, could've gone to gamestop and payed 30 for a used one.

Tf5174

I can't find any GBA's games at mine since they stopped selling them about a year or two ago and none of the stores hardy carry them anymore over here.

Captain Noob

Feelin' Sleepy
I think The Flash is right. It's not quite the same, but I've been looking for a copy of Colloseum or XD for a while now. I was certain I could get a cheap one, but no matter where I look they are still release-price or more. It is most likely because the games are still quite popular because of the unique game-only Pokémon, and the fact they are getting "rarer", so they can argue that prices can be high. I had a similar problem trying to buy a GCN copy of Pikmin 2; the price was going up (untill the Wii version came out).

Therefore, because people still want Emerald for the RS Pokémon (e.g. Legends) and Pal-Park stuff, plus GBA games are getting thinner on the ground, then a more premium price can be charged compared to the usual GBA bargain-bin tat.

I reckon the price of Emerald will drop eventually, either when HG/SS come out, or when the DSi gets to a point where the GBA slot is considerably more phased out.

lucario750

pokemon master
emeraled is still $30 becaude the game is still popular

Shadow XD001

Yeah, I was going to get for Hanukkah, but my mom said it was $35. Emerald is probably one of the best GBA Pokemon games, so that could be a reason. Plus, Game stop wants money. (well don't we all)

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Market. In a falling economy, jacking up prices for an old but popular game is what you do.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
That seems a bit extreme.... Considering I bought Emerald for £10 (about $16) back before DP even came out.

Troggy

It's hilarious...but apparently the demand is there. The gamestop in my area was charging $40 for Emerald and $30 for the rest of the Advance games.

If you want a used copy, skip the stores...go to Craigslist or something. I was able to get a copy of Emerald, Fire Red, and a GBA SP all for $25.

And...why on earth would you get a DSi if you play Pokemon?

Last edited:

The Flash

I like shorts!
i had trouble locating a copy of XD, but when i managed to find one it was relatively cheap. cheaper than a used fire red actually0.o

they were both at the same gamestop. i still had a copy of colleseum from when it still came out. and i still have yet to beat it.

Lord Dakoth

Raving Lunatic
I think that it's because of some glitch in Emerald that allows you to duplicate Pokemon.

It's similar to the one in G/S/C but I don't know exactly how it works...

BCVM22

I think that it's because of some glitch in Emerald that allows you to duplicate Pokemon.

Or it could be because of the correct answer involving supply and demand, that everyone's already given several times.

Yeah, let's go with that.

randomspot555

Because Pokemon games are a huge franchise that sell big.

Try hitting up Craigslist or garage/yard sales.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
no, because its hard to find and stores can sell it for a high profit cuz u know some1 will be willing 2 pay 30 bux

Electric

It's hilarious...but apparently the demand is there. The gamestop in my area was charging $40 for Emerald and $30 for the rest of the Advance games.

Same here, and I live in the tri-state area, maybe the prices depend on the region?

But $40 for a USED Emerald is completely f**ked up. That is totally ridiculuous, considering a new one was cheaper when it came out. I can't get Emerald because of this. I can't wait till a used Emerald version is gonna be $99.99

Profesco

gone gently
Economics.

Status
Not open for further replies.