• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is it necessary?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
NOTE:
THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO INSULT OR BASH ANYONE. IF YOU DO THAT IN THIS THREAD I WILL TURN YOU OVER TO THE SEREBII POLICE!!!

The questions I have are not meant to be hurtful, they truly come from my wanting to end MY ignorance on the issue. So please accept that truth and help a blind man to see.

I am not gay.

I am friends with gays & lesbians.

I don't understand why it is necessary for someone to anounce in a public forum that they are gay. As I see it, it's like going on TV and anouncing, "I like S&M!" Should I care that you like the same sex? If so why? Shouldn't I like you because you are a nice person with similar intrests? What does ones sexuality have to do with competing on say, American Idol?

Why, is it that if someone respectfully disagrees with homosexuality they are labeled Homophobes?

Is it wrong for a gay person to have a job where they can & will see undressed heterosexuals?

Is it the same or different from a heterosexual man being the coach of say a womens volleyball team and walking into the shower while the ladies are undressed to give them a peptalk or information on when the bus is leaving? Is there a difference? I know I would be tempted and arroused if I was the volleyball coach I used for my example.

Is getting creeped out by a gay come on any different than getting creeped out by an unatractive person (be it to heavy/ skinny et al).

I'd like to know. Remember I want honest non flaming/religious/derogatory posts. This is an honest to goodness desire to hear heart felt responses to my questions. I'd like to say thank you in advance for your participation.

ChedWick

Attention *****s.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Not the kind of answer I was looking for. I understand the attention arguement, but the same can be said for anyone who seeks the spotlight.

7 tyranitars

just randomly out of the blue I would say it doesn't make a point, however when it is something on a subject that is about gay/lesbians specificly then it is differend, also if your talking about the gay/lesbian/bisexual club in the club thing it is just a place to hang out with people similiar to them.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
No I am more refering to people going on TV and saying for instance, "Hi I'm Paul and I am on the biggest loser to get in shape, so I can be health and be here for my partner Randy." or that so and so is a "lesbian superstar" Why define what kind of "superstar" one is other than a singer superstar? Is there a difference how a lesbian sings from a striaght woman? Why segrigate yourself? Don't you want to be known as a phenominal singer loved by all? I never cared that Freddy Mercury slept with men, it didn't change my opinion of the band Queen! So what if he never told everyone? I don't tell everyone I'm straight!! Why do I need to know who you bump naughties with? Should it really matter?

7 tyranitars

I see, mayby it isn't mend as segration but rather mixing with the crowds, they don't want it to be seen as special but just as normal

ChedWick

In that example with Randy its just embracing their lifestyle instead of hiding it. It would be normal for someone to say their doing it for their wife or husband and give a name. The rest seems to go with my first response. Also a bit of marketing with music I guess.

7 tyranitars

In that example with Randy its just embracing their lifestyle instead of hiding it. It would be normal for someone to say their doing it for their wife or husband and give a name. The rest seems to go with my first response.

you said it better then I could.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
In that example with Randy its just embracing their lifestyle instead of hiding it. It would be normal for someone to say their doing it for their wife or husband and give a name. The rest seems to go with my first response. Also a bit of marketing with music I guess.
Hmmm, Yeah I see what your saying. Thanks, that makes good sense.

7 tyranitars

also something random, you know Randy is a male and female name Malanu :p?

Grey Wind

NOTE:I don't understand why it is necessary for someone to anounce in a public forum that they are gay. As I see it, it's like going on TV and anouncing, "I like S&M!" Should I care that you like the same sex? If so why? Shouldn't I like you because you are a nice person with similar intrests? What does ones sexuality have to do with competing on say, American Idol?
You might not care but others will. I see your point, but a lot of people would just plain be curious and like to know, be it for homophobic reasons or not.

Why, is it that if someone respectfully disagrees with homosexuality they are labeled Homophobes?
Unless they have a valid reason for labeling homosexuality as wrong, then they are generally counted as a homophobe.

Is it wrong for a gay person to have a job where they can & will see undressed heterosexuals?Is it the same or different from a heterosexual man being the coach of say a womens volleyball team and walking into the shower while the ladies are undressed to give them a peptalk or information on when the bus is leaving? Is there a difference? I know I would be tempted and arroused if I was the volleyball coach I used for my example.
I agree. If (hypothetically) I was gay and came out to a guy, their normal reaction would be 'I don't want you to try anything', even though the same thing can happen with girls.

Is getting creeped out by a gay come on any different than getting creeped out by an unatractive person (be it to heavy/ skinny et al).
Not really. Although it would be more...wrong (?) to be 'eww a homosexual' than be 'eww that guy has a giant wart'

Brumrha

Banned
What the hell are we talking about here? Sexism or Homosexuality?

Regardless, I have never met anyone who is gay/lesbian, so I honestly can't offer my two cents on this...

Of course, it could be possible that I'm not meeting enough people, or if these people are more secretive than you're led to believe...

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
What the hell are we talking about here? Sexism or Homosexuality?

Regardless, I have never met anyone who is gay/lesbian, so I honestly can't offer my two cents on this...

Of course, it could be possible that I'm not meeting enough people, or if these people are more secretive than you're led to believe...

Or it could be that you have met some already and just don't know it.

Unless they have a valid reason for labeling homosexuality as wrong, then they are generally counted as a homophobe.
Hmm that seems to me like a heavy handed statement to me. It is taking away ones right to choose. I would assume that most gays don't like my veiw on sexuallity (They find women "Icky" quote a friend of mine), wouldn't that make him/her a heterophobe? When a gay tries to convert me to homosexuality isn't the same as me trying to convert a lesbian {as if I would try;)}

Not really. Although it would be more...wrong (?) to be 'eww a homosexual' than be 'eww that guy has a giant wart'
Why? If I came on to a lesbian and she Ewwed me would it still have the same stigma?

Thanks for participating. I am enjoying the different perspectives.

Last edited:

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Usually, I don't react (it happen in jobs and whatnot) when someone makes a public announcement that they're homosexual unless they're pretending to become homosexual so they could seek attention.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Usually, I don't react (it happen in jobs and whatnot) when someone makes a public announcement that they're homosexual unless they're pretending to become homosexual so they could seek attention.
My daughter told me about her classmates doing this. Are they so starved for attention that htey will pose as something their not just to have a reaction from others? It seems foolish to do this when I personally know a homosexual that was picked up at a gay bar and beated to death! Why would someone want to take that risk over a look at me ploy?

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
My daughter told me about her classmates doing this. Are they so starved for attention that htey will pose as something their not just to have a reaction from others? It seems foolish to do this when I personally know a homosexual that was picked up at a gay bar and beated to death! Why would someone want to take that risk over a look at me ploy?

I'm not sure, man, but it's sad how people are taking the risk of making false statements when they think it's all fun and games, which is not.

People shouldn't abuse these type of things if it's extremely important for other people to take care of such as supporting homosexuality and being proud of who you are.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I'm not sure, man, but it's sad how people are taking the risk of making false statements when they think it's all fun and games, which is not.

People shouldn't abuse these type of things if it's extremely important for other people to take care of such as supporting homosexuality and being proud of who you are.
An extremely valid point. It's why I once stated that it sometimes seems that with certain circles Gay is now shiek.

Like back when the satanic church had a picture of Sammy Davis Jr sharing a chalace. Sammy was a devout Jew drinking with the head of the satanic church! However this is off topic.

Brumrha

Banned
Or it could be that you have met some already and just don't know it.

That could also be possible, but hey, I don't ask people these sort of things. Besides, I'm a rather a quiet person, bordering along the anti-social.

the hydreigon

make that three
homosexuals are just the same as heterosexuals, people say their nasty, but truly ur just creeped out cuz ur not gay,everyone is the same