• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is mirage island to rare?

~Lugia

I never understood the point of mirage island.
Why is it so hard to find it, when it has only wynaut and liechi berry there?
You can catch wobuffet in other areas...

-Raiga-

I never understood the point of mirage island.
Why is it so hard to find it, when it has only wynaut and liechi berry there?
You can catch wobuffet in other areas...

At the time, pre-evo's weren't ever found in the wild. In addition, if I remember correctly, the liechi berry was a VERY good berry to have too.

You have to keep in mind its just an extra in the game, they weren't going to a put a legendary on it considering how difficult it is to get to.

LizardonX

Banned
Pinch berries were very good back in the day. Trust me if they put the Salac bery ingame it would be far harder to obtain

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here's why it's so hard to get to (quoting from Bulbapedia here):

"Every day, a random number between 0 and 65535 in hex (that is between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF) is generated by the game. If this number matches the last two bytes of the personality value of any of the Pokémon in the party in hex, Mirage Island will appear for that day. The number is generated at 0:00 hours every day and it is active for 24 hours. Even though play time has nothing to do with the real-time clock, a game that has reached the maximum time of play (999 hours and 59 minutes) will not generate Mirage Island numbers anymore."

And the Liechi Berry helps make the best PokéBlocks, which are gold. It makes sense that it would be hard to get. It also only has one berry on the tree when you get to it, but if you plant it somewhere else, it can have up to two berries at a time (though it can get more in Generation IV), but it takes 96 hours to grow.

Cutty

Forever now
I hope if GF does make a remake of R/S/E they would let us find the island easier w/ other method. And put something else neater there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I never cared for Mirage Island. I mean there was no real purpose to it in my opinion. Sure, you could catch wild Wynaut but you could easily hatch them from eggs. And the Liechi Berry wasn't that useful unless you were making Pokeblocks and I don't know anyone who even bothered doing that. Besides, you could still get one from the event Zigzagoon that was given out at GameStop, so Mirage Island wasn't necessary. The whole island was just a cheap gimmick imo.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
didn't origionally care, but I've NEVER gotten there!!!!! I Want to get there, leichi berry for bragging rights!

^ Not everyone could go to where gamestop is!

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Mirage Island is very rare because it appears in a 1 out of 65535(?) chance. Which is way more rare than a Shiny Pokemon or Pokerus.