• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is ok for guys to have sex but not girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I was wondering why people call girls ****s for having sex before marriage yet when guys do it it seems legit and cool by people. I mean I lost my virginity at 13 but not trying to be cool or anything but because I loved the person. But when a girl may love a person and they do it people find out and its all the rage in school. So was wondering what people here think of it.

Trying to word this so it does not offend anyone and follows the rules.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Is this a serious thread?

Some girls just need to close their legs (I'm not directing that at you, just overly promiscuous girls) :/
Maybe it's because girls can get pregnant? Having a baby completely changes someone's life. In our society it's seen as the woman's job to care for the child. Men don't have that burden to bear, they don't even have to have anything to do with the child (apart from child support money) if they don't want.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Double Standards.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Auramaster, you bring up a good point. It's pure sexism. Why are women held to higher expectations? You look at the men from the "Jersey Shore" and you realize that their behavior is glamorized. They're sl-ts by the same definition used on women. It's bull.

If a woman wishes to have multiple sexual partners, she should be allowed to without being labeled a sl-t or a wh-re. It's absolutely not fair that men are seen as heroes while women are seen as dirty.

Profesco

gone gently
Think of it like this:

A guy has a "Key", and a chick has a "keyhole."
A key that can open many locks is a pretty awesome key, a master key of sorts.
However, a key hole than can be opened by many keys is shoddy and needs replacing.

Absolutely marvelous.

It's not okay. Not only is it a double standard, it is an illogical standard. If only guys can have sex before marriage, than any and all premarital sex possible to be had would have to be male-male homesexual sex or adulterous sex with a woman married to someone else. This sort of standard does not originate from the kind of people who would advocate either of those conclusions.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Think of it like this:

A guy has a "Key", and a chick has a "keyhole."
A key that can open many locks is a pretty awesome key, a master key of sorts.
However, a key hole than can be opened by many keys is shoddy and needs replacing.

That is a myth, and a rather illogical and misogynistic one at that. Childbirth stretches things out, but sex doesn't significantly. Most women have sex thousands of times over their lifetime, so the idea that it "ruins" them is absurd.
The short answer is anybody who actually thinks other peoples sex lives are their business is a douche. All the people here who are saying it's because of babies has never heard of abortion or birth control clearly.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I love how about 2 or 3 people thought this though and the others just said babies. Pfft. There is abortion,condoms and the pill. I did not mean about girls getting preg and guys can't. I mean the purpose itself on how guys can be ****s yet get a pat on there back from daddy while girls get ridiculed in school and such.

Josiah

is your favorite
I'm not a real big fan of abortion, but maybe that's just me.

Anyways, the whole idea of it is probably just built into our brains. I mean, let's think about lions for a second. Male lions are supposed to go around and have multiple partners in order to ensure their genetic code is passed on. Female lions are supposed to accept only one male unless that male is challenged and kicked out. It's the same way for humans. Girls are pretty much guaranteed to pass on their genes, but guys still have the primordial need to go around having sex with everything.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm not a real big fan of abortion, but maybe that's just me.

Anyways, the whole idea of it is probably just built into our brains. I mean, let's think about lions for a second. Male lions are supposed to go around and have multiple partners in order to ensure their genetic code is passed on. Female lions are supposed to accept only one male unless that male is challenged and kicked out. It's the same way for humans. Girls are pretty much guaranteed to pass on their genes, but guys still have the primordial need to go around having sex with everything.

Oh don't be ridiculous. Humans base most of our behavior on social constructs we have created, not primordial instincts. Evo-Psych is a well known pile of sh*t.

Josiah

is your favorite
There's nothing ridiculous about that. It's the same reason men are regarded as expendable.

I think it's a bit more ridiculous to pretend that instinct doesn't control some of our actions.

Profesco

gone gently
Oh don't be ridiculous. Humans base most of our behavior on social constructs we have created, not primordial instincts. Evo-Psych is a well known pile of sh*t.

Evolutionary psychology is another attempt at abductive reasoning in an academic world full of it. The explanations suggested by the field are no less valid than the explanations historians try to map out from interrelated historic events when the connecting details are ambiguous.

Humans are more than animals, yes, but we are still animals, and the remnants of animalistic behavior patterns are still visible in our intuitions and involuntary behaviors.

mika4556

Smexy Momma. ^_^
I was wondering why people call girls ****s for having sex before marriage yet when guys do it it seems legit and cool by people. I mean I lost my virginity at 13 but not trying to be cool or anything but because I loved the person. But when a girl may love a person and they do it people find out and its all the rage in school. So was wondering what people here think of it.

Trying to word this so it does not offend anyone and follows the rules.

hun it's because we can get pregnant from sex and too much sex can ruin our bodies also religion plays a roll in this belief because sex before marrage in some religions means your selling your body to the dark one but i do agree it is a very unfair judgement for people to make i have 3 grown sons and am a widower

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
There's nothing ridiculous about that. It's the same reason men are regarded as expendable.

I think it's a bit more ridiculous to pretend that instinct doesn't control some of our actions.
Look, I think Evo-Psych mostly exists so men can trumpet their belief in their inborn superiority over women and how women totally enjoy being second class citizens because CAVEPEOPLE, but I do not debate on this forum so say whatever you want.

Josiah

is your favorite
Look, I think Evo-Psych mostly exists so men can trumpet their belief in their inborn superiority over women and how women totally enjoy being second class citizens because CAVEPEOPLE, but I do not debate on this forum so say whatever you want.
I hope I'm not making you angry (it seems you are), but that's really not what I'm trying to say. It's completely wrong that this double standard exists, and I'm not afraid to tell my guy friends that when they're calling a girl a **** (which is a word I refuse to use). I'm just saying that there is to some extent a reason that it exists in our culture.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
I agree with derkins that it is "built into our brains".

It's a scientific fact that women are weaker than men. It may be the reason why men find it in themselves to "protect" women from "danger."

But I blame religion and culture for this double standard. Why are women required to hide their bodies in Islamic countries? Why are men allowed to marry more than one woman in many cultures (Even in America. While it's illegal, some men have multiple wives)? Why are women expected to be virgins at the time of marriage? Why are 13-15 year old girls being forced to marry men twice their age? In some cultures, men get a slap on the wrist for rape but women get whipped for not stopping it.

We humans must reprogram our minds. We must begin treating our women fairly. Humans are smarter than this.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I hope I'm not making you angry (it seems you are), but that's really not what I'm trying to say. It's completely wrong that this double standard exists, and I'm not afraid to tell my guy friends that when they're calling a girl a **** (which is a word I refuse to use). I'm just saying that there is to some extent a reason that it exists in our culture.

Sorry, gender stuff is kind of the thing that sets me off. I probably overreacted

Status
Not open for further replies.