• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is ok for guys to have sex but not girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I agree with derkins that it is "built into our brains".

It's a scientific fact that women are weaker than men. It may be the reason why men find it in themselves to "protect" women from "danger."

But I blame religion and culture for this double standard. Why are women required to hide their bodies in Islamic countries? Why are men allowed to marry more than one woman in many cultures (Even in America. While it's illegal, some men have multiple wives)? Why are women expected to be virgins at the time of marriage? Why are 13-15 year old girls being forced to marry men twice their age? In some cultures, men get a slap on the wrist for rape but a woman is given lashings.

We humans must reprogram our minds. We must begin treating our women fairly. Humans are smarter than this.

I don't know about the rest of it, but the young girls married off to old guys is left over from ancient civilizations, when we were trying to produce as many offspring as possible. In most cultures, women were considered property, and some modern societies haven't grown out of those traditions. But I think as a species we should be able to move past that and give women the same treatment as men.

As for the "slut" thing, it's just one of those double standards we haven't grown out of. I guess because long ago men had many wives and nobody batted an eye.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Its perfectly fine for girls to have sex as much as males. But remember males have dominated cultures all over the world from the beginning of known history. Why let women do as they please when the males can keep them to themselves but go around and sleep with whoever they wish? Its a horrible double standard that still affects us today. Guys get high fives for laying that hot chick while the chick is known as the **** for sleeping with the guy.

Heck women didn't have rights till the early 1900s in the U.S. and there isn't much if any rights for women in the middle east, Africa and parts of Asia.

This is a social stigma that needs to slowly go away. Its not going to happen fast nor will it ever go away completely but it needs to be reduced all over the world.

manaphy72

see i believe in sex after marriage. but some people 'think' or even know that they are in love. but you do have a point. i think it means that guys have enough B**** to do it. and i think its wrong. also if a girl does it, it means there s***** . NO. also if someone calls you that its that there jealous that you had it before them

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Weez- I believe it is the responsibility of a guy to actually be there if he gets the woman pregnant, if he doesn't then he's an a.h unless he has an legit reason (Which is few, but includes such as shifted off the army or doesn't even know he got her pregnant in the first place), so no getting a girl pregnant and running off is not a get out of free card. The girl only got pregnant because the both of them forgot the condoms or birth pills, and a girl can only get pregnant if a guy does it.

And by your logic I guess the only way a girl cannot be a sl-ut or a wh-re is if she's a lesbian because well they can't get pregnant of course or doesn't have sex.

It is double standards and shouldn't be this way. Girls can have much sex as men can have and people need to realize this is the 21st century. People have sex before marriage, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Because outdated gender BS, and society is slow to change even when it realizes it's doing something stupid. I personally am seeing less and less of it and look forward to a slightly less ridiculous future for it.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It's because guys think it's awesome to have sex, but most girls find it diguisting.

A guy would think it was great for BOTH of you, but a girl would think it's diguisting for BOTH of you.

You haven't met many girls, have you?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
But its kind of weird.

Most men I know would not want to sleep with a woman who goes around sleeping with a bunch of differnt guys.

On the other, I've asked woman the same thing and mostly got something along the lines of...

Woman- Well if I loved him enough I dont see what the problem is, im sure to be his last and only.

Woman who going around having sex with a bunch of differnt dudes will forever be label as a wh^re as long as the mojority of them think like this.

Most guys don't want a mega used woman.

Man 1: "Yo! That bi/ch a ho3."
Man 2: "Fuk dat, I anit hittin dat!"

Most woman dont care, as long as they think the 'love' is there, they overlook the fact.

Woman 1: "You know the guy you're dating is just a playa, right?"

Woman 2: "But that was in the in past, he's changed now, he really loves me."

Woman need to stop accepting all these "pimps" and "playas" and call them out on their sh/t. That way men would not think they can get over.

Ethan

Banned
I don't think the assumption of the OP is necessarily true. Women that don't have sex at all are seen as prudes that don't "put out" but women that have sex too often are seen as "easy." Society doesn't expect women to be pure as many of you are incorrectly assuming, but to actually walk a tight line of sexuality.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I don't think the assumption of the OP is necessarily true. Women that don't have sex at all are seen as prudes that don't "put out" but women that have sex too often are seen as "easy." Society doesn't expect women to be pure as many of you are incorrectly assuming, but to actually walk a tight line of sexuality.

This was what I was thinking too. The social standards for female sexuality are kind of strict. I have to say I don't have much respect for other women who will hop into bed with anything that has a penis and a heartbeat, but I also don't have much respect who flaunt their "purity" as if they're better than other women (and yes, I have met such people). I feel like the social constructs aren't going to loosen up until people start having more respect for themselves and more respect for their sexual partners. A person's sex life should be between that person and his/her partner and no one should be judging another person based on their sex life, especially if they have no interest in having a relationship with said person. Unfortunately, I feel like maturity on this subject is growing at such a slow pace in today's society that these stereotypes are going to linger for far longer than they should.

Shuam

righteous
girls are whores and guys are players and we like bud light

Its sad thats how it is. in my beliefs sex is wrong before marriage whether your a man or a woman. but I would never call anyone names for doing it. not everyone has the same beliefs and we need to learn to be accepting and loving of others.

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
wait a second wait a second..... I thought serebii said we couldn't talk about this stuff?

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Think of it like this:

A guy has a "Key", and a chick has a "keyhole."
A key that can open many locks is a pretty awesome key, a master key of sorts.
However, a key hole than can be opened by many keys is shoddy and needs replacing.
Haha, that's what my brother told my sister.
And, I don't think people will call girls ****s for having sex before marriage, only if they have sex with many people. That's all I have to say.

kochoupink

butts lol
[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/kirakiramariposa/Picture8.png[/img139]
Honestly a quote wasn't enough to capture everything that's hilarious about this post.

I was about to type out a long response to the OP but in the modern day, it's really just that this is one of the last holdouts men really have over women. In an age when communication and cooperation are finally more important than whacking at things with large sticks, women finally are beating men at their own game. Social constructs are the only way men can maintain the traditional power over women that they used to enjoy simply by virtue of being bigger and stronger.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
This was what I was thinking too. The social standards for female sexuality are kind of strict. I have to say I don't have much respect for other women who will hop into bed with anything that has a penis and a heartbeat, but I also don't have much respect who flaunt their "purity" as if they're better than other women (and yes, I have met such people). I feel like the social constructs aren't going to loosen up until people start having more respect for themselves and more respect for their sexual partners. A person's sex life should be between that person and his/her partner and no one should be judging another person based on their sex life, especially if they have no interest in having a relationship with said person. Unfortunately, I feel like maturity on this subject is growing at such a slow pace in today's society that these stereotypes are going to linger for far longer than they should.
One of these things is not like the other...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The question that's being asked isn't true. Females are objectified more than males in society which is most likely the reason it seems that way. Also, I hate it when people say "guys and girls" when it's "girls and boys".

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
The question that's being asked isn't true. Females are objectified more than males in society which is most likely the reason it seems that way. Also, I hate it when people say "guys and girls" when it's "girls and boys".

I hate it when people say "boys and girls" when it should be "men and women."

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I hate it when people say "boys and girls" when it should be "men and women."
In this case, yes. You know what, we should just all use male and female, it things so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.