• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Pikachu Becoming Overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
It just seems kind of strange to me what the writers are doing. First, Pikachu is able to break Colress's device off of his head BY HIMSELF (albeit a bit of encouragement from Ash). Next, in the Mareep episode, Team Rocket fires a superpowered electric attack, which Pikachu not only counters, but is able to overpower with Thunderbolt and destroy the machine. Last, when Ash and co are in N' s forest, Pignite is defeated by Pansage and a Team Plasma grunt' s Magnezone. When Magnezone fires another Thunderbolt ( A double thunderbolt, mind you), Pikachu counters it with his own Thunderbolt and once again overpowers it, defeating Magnezone. This seems a bit strange to me how Pikachu keeps doing this. Are they setting him up for something?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He is reaching his full strength as usual in every arc.

Don't worry he will lose to a Fennekin or something at the start of the next region

Ver-mont

Well, Pikachu's power level is always fluctuating.

Manages to beat Regice, then struggles to the end of its resistance against an Elekid... nothing new here.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
His power resets every reigion, wait and see him lose to the "togepi" of the reigion

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It just seems kind of strange to me what the writers are doing. First, Pikachu is able to break Colress's device off of his head BY HIMSELF (albeit a bit of encouragement from Ash). Next, in the Mareep episode, Team Rocket fires a superpowered electric attack, which Pikachu not only counters, but is able to overpower with Thunderbolt and destroy the machine. Last, when Ash and co are in N' s forest, Pignite is defeated by Pansage and a Team Plasma grunt' s Magnezone. When Magnezone fires another Thunderbolt ( A double thunderbolt, mind you), Pikachu counters it with his own Thunderbolt and once again overpowers it, defeating Magnezone. This seems a bit strange to me how Pikachu keeps doing this. Are they setting him up for something?

Oh it's just the writers usual shoehorning him into places he doesn't belong lol...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As others have said, Pikachu usually gets really strong when a saga is about to end. I personally don't see the problem with it since most people were complaining about him being too weak when BW began. At least his powers are finally returning to him, which is good because Ash needs his original powerhouse now more than ever imo.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Not saying that countering Thunderbolts is set up for anything, but his 'late-season'-power upgrade might be a hint that there might be a big victory ahead at some point.
Obviously, the end of Episode N is going to be mostly for Charizard. So I'm expecting something 'biggish' on the end of Decolora. I'm not banking on this, but who knows, maybe Paul can return to the show?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not saying that countering Thunderbolts is set up for anything, but his 'late-season'-power upgrade might be a hint that there might be a big victory ahead at some point.
Obviously, the end of Episode N is going to be mostly for Charizard. So I'm expecting something 'biggish' on the end of Decolora. I'm not banking on this, but who knows, maybe Paul can return to the show?
Why would paul return? If anybody would as a rival, it would be trip. They even kind of foreshadowed a rematch after their league battle.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why would paul return? If anybody would as a rival, it would be trip. They even kind of foreshadowed a rematch after their league battle.

No thank you, no one wants to see Trip and his hacked Serperior again...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't care about Serpy, but I want to see conkeldurr again, and possibly chandelure.

Lol hasn't the poor clown lost enough??

diakyu

We're at the point in BW where it's time for Pikachu to be overpowered.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I do.

yuoke he didn't really hint anything though, he says the same to every rival, said the same to Kotetsu and Kenyan, that they will battle each other next time they meet.

Why?? Wasn't he humiliated enough??

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No he lost and its perfectly normal that he would want to figth Satoshi again, do you quit playing when you lose to a trainer on the games?

Anyway the thread is about Pikachu lets not derail it into a Shooti hate thread.

I mean the poor guy got beat with Ash's typical DEM bullshiz lol. It's not like anybody here actually believes that Ash is stronger then Trip in any way shape or form now.

nuzamaki90

I mean the poor guy got beat with Ash's typical DEM bullshiz lol. It's not like anybody here actually believes that Ash is stronger then Trip in any way shape or form now.

I think Ash is stronger than Trip....Sceptile could wreck Serperior....

Anyways, it's nearing the end of the season so doesn't Pikachu always get boosted somehow? Maybe he's gonna fight someone big in the coming episodes, and I'll put my money on Zekrom :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Ash is stronger than Trip....Sceptile could wreck Serperior....

Anyways, it's nearing the end of the season so doesn't Pikachu always get boosted somehow? Maybe he's gonna fight someone big in the coming episodes, and I'll put my money on Zekrom :)

I mean with his Unova pokes <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.