• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Shaymin replaceing the 5th gen pokemon?

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
I'M SO SORRY DOGASU! I thought it was here. BTW love your site your so funny and I AM THE SUICIDAL POKSHIPPER *laughs evilly*
me from other thread said:
AG had four movies and Munchlax show up in the second advance movie even though Hoenn was shorter and had BF added to it.

There's already so many pokemon in the 11th to debut the first 5th gen. My question is why are they doing this? Does this mean the next game isn't coming out in exactly four years? I love to think the show ending *gets shot XD* and there isn't a 5th gen but that's a dead argument by now. Everything riding on the 12th movie and we know the star of the third advance (8th) movie was a new gen pokemon (Lucario) and some say Arceus will be the 12th movie star. I know sinnoh is going to last longer because they don't want to do a filer sage like BF but what with the slugginess we might not see the first 5th gen until spring 2009!

I guess because there are three hidden pokemon Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. when Deoxys Jirachi was 4th gen

If ya'll want to continue debating if pokemon ending knock yourself out. ;p

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
Shaymin could appear in the same movie as Arceus for all we know. Quit B*tching till it happens.

charizard92

i think shymen will be in this next one with regigigis n the other guys because i just saw regigigigs come out of a huge feild of flowwer. also were u find shymen in the game. but its jus a guess cause darkria wasnt ofund in some secluded place like in the game

GreatLiver

Some of you people really don't understand that the anime doesn't constitute the future of the games, it's the other way around. The anime is taking a long time, yes. Is it because the 5th gen's going to come out later? Maybe. Is it because Sinnoh's a much bigger continent? Probably. It still doesn't mean anything in regards to fifth gen pokemon. I mean sure Gonbe was in the 7th movie, but it hardly had an important part, aside from evolving to give Satoshi something to jump on. It was just there to be there and be a fourth gen pokemon. They could easily throw in a fifth gen pokemon without making it the focus of the whole film. The only reason they started making movies in AG about 4th gen pokemon was because they ran out of legendaries to focus movies on from the 3rd gen. That's probably just because they made the Groudon/Kyogre thing two episodes rather than an entire movie, which would have gone much better.

DP has a ton of legendaries, we all know that. And movies like to focus on legendaries, so they may take longer to do it focusing on DP legendaries. Even if this is the case there's only 2 more pokemon presumed to definantly have movie roles, and one of them is almost certainly in the 11th. That still will leave time for a gen 4 movie on a gen 5 legendary.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
^Good point. I love the anime but why does the importance of revealing new pokemon and if and when there a 5th generation ride on it shoulders? Because the next game and next nintendo systems don't come out in about the next for years.

Yeah the Groudon/Kyogre thing was weak in AG I haven't seen the 10th movie but since they're in the 11th I guess it's better this time.

The carter

Marsh Trainer
I'M SO SORRY DOGASU! I thought it was here. BTW love your site your so funny and I AM THE SUICIDAL POKSHIPPER *laughs evilly*

I guess because there are three hidden pokemon Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. when Deoxys Jirachi was 4th gen

If ya'll want to continue debating if pokemon ending knock yourself out. ;p

Why is shaymi nreplacing the 5th gen pokemon? Maybe because he is supposed to be unknown to us as of yet and needs to be offically revealed as another hidden pokemon, like darkrai. So shaymin can finally offially be obtainable and not anymore true glitches or hacks. The movie after this is gonan be interesting. This movie that comes out next year also has Giratina in it. Wich means that the third version of the D/P games is finally ready and will come out in japan next year. So for the 2009 movie my bet is that it wont have arceus ,but it will be the lead in for a filler season (the underground maybe?) I can already see ash riding the back of his fully evolved turwig underground :p like how he rode lapras in orange islands.

Anyway, My guess is the 2009 movie will be about cresselia and maybe that rock/lava thig legendary ,but I could be wrong. It could also be that movie 12 is Arceus and the 3 pixies and all those other legendaries an that movie 13 will have cresselia and perhaps a 5th gen legendary. Anyway nintendo isnt gonna rush it. The whole battlefrontier thing was only implemented because the DS wasnt even out yet so the 3rd generastion could not end yet. But seeing how they already did houen they had to go back to kanto.

It's the same thign this time around. you wont see any 5th gen pokemon until nintendo knows what their next system will be. And seeing how much the DS sells nintendo is probably gonna make that last a while before they replace it with something new. My guess is another 2-3 years atleast. But for me I would be content if the series stoped after the fourth gen. I mean what more is there to do if you have had The alpha legendary ,the tiem & space legendary etc. This better be the final gen. Or pokemon is gonna bleed to death ,and that is somethign nobody of us wants to see. That doesnt mean I dont want new game though. I would love to see new handheld pokemon rpg's on nintendo's next system. Hopefully it will be 2 version: In 1 version you can travel to kanto/houen & in the other Jotho/ Sinnoh. Spread the 491 pokes over the 2, make it 3-D ét voila, nintendo got another million seller pokemon game. Hopefully by that tiem you can fully cotomize your pokemon and your caracter ,the animation and sounds way better and ofcourse the gfx 3-D and way nicer then now. :)

sorry for this wall of text :$

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I've noticed that each gen gets longer. It was 2 movies until gen 2, three movies until gen 3, four movies until gen 4. They usually start previewing the new gen pokemon at the last 2 movies ahead of the gen. So me thinking that we won't see a 5th gen pokemon until movie 13. We MAY get a treat and get one in Movie 12. But I think it's too soon.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't think we could think of even more Pokemon

unown?

ghost freak
who knows? the imagination is unlimited...

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
Maybe a nonlegendary (like munchlax) will debut in this movie, who knows

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
Maybe a nonlegendary (like munchlax) will debut in this movie, who knows

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
sry bout the double post idk how to delete it SORRY, it wasn't on purpose

water_pkmn_fan

My thoughts:

Movie 10 had Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai
Movie 11 will have Giratina, Regigigas and Shaymin (probably)
Movie 12 possibly will have Arceus (to finish off the Nintendo Event Pokemon), Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf (Dawn did see Mesprit so it would probably show up again in the Sinnoh League before they move on)
Movie 13 will then have Heatran and Cresselia

Manaphy was already featured in Movie 9 so my guess is Phione will be in a special 1 hour episode during the league after the Sinnoh League, kind of like the Deoxys thing during BF.

That way all of the legendaries will have been features in the anime. If there is going to be a 5th Gen, a Pokemon from it probably won't be featured until at least Movie 12.

My thoughts:

Movie 10 had Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai
Movie 11 will have Giratina, Regigigas and Shaymin (probably)
Movie 12 possibly will have Arceus (to finish off the Nintendo Event Pokemon), Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf (Dawn did see Mesprit so it would probably show up again in the Sinnoh League before they move on)
Movie 13 will then have Heatran and Cresselia

Manaphy was already featured in Movie 9 so my guess is Phione will be in a special 1 hour episode during the league after the Sinnoh League, kind of like the Deoxys thing during BF.

That way all of the legendaries will have been features in the anime. If there is going to be a 5th Gen, a Pokemon from it probably won't be featured until at least Movie 12.

This post is full of failure. WHY would they not feature Arseus last? Besides, the pixies will probably only be in the anime.