• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why is this chart not on main site

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
zuloon said:
Well, it's obvious Serebii's not going to make one, so why don't you lazies just look for one on another site.

You're completely missing the point. If everyone goes looking on another site for one thing, they'll loook there for other things too. Next thing you know, that site is the #1 Unofficial Pokemon Site, and Serebii is just another pokemon site. If you want to be the best you shouldn't be saying "Oh go somewhere else, I don't think it's important enough to go on the site"

zuloon

Bboy Zuloon
RaZoR LeAf said:
You're completely missing the point. If everyone goes looking on another site for one thing, they'll loook there for other things too. Next thing you know, that site is the #1 Unofficial Pokemon Site, and Serebii is just another pokemon site. If you want to be the best you shouldn't be saying "Oh go somewhere else, I don't think it's important enough to go on the site"
I know that already. It's just so obvious that there's no point arguing, why even argue? (Maybe Serebii has changed his mind after being stubborn in the past, but I wouldn't know.)

And while we're on the subject of things driving people away from this site, Serebii movesets are really bad. So now I get all my movesets from www.smogon.com. You might want to consider redoing them or having community members coming up with them. Possibly we could have something like wikipedia.

Last edited:

zuloon

Bboy Zuloon
Serebii said:
Actually for the last 7 or so months we have been having an expert do them and they are as good as if not better than the smogon ones

Once we've got through all the Pokemon we will redo the bad ones :)
Oh, okay good. Just out of curiousity, who did them before?

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Serebii said:
Actually for the last 7 or so months we have been having an expert do them and they are as good as if not better than the smogon ones

LOL! XD Good one Joe.... That really made my day. XD

Either way, I've made charts for each generation, seeing as how you're all lazy as f*** ....

adv.PNG
- Used for both GSC and RSE.

rby.PNG
- Used for RBY.

Eszett

one love
Hmm...Paperfairy, from my perspective the charts look clean enough, but it would help to signify which types are special and which are physical.

And Joe, you could easily use a <table> tag to create a low-bandwidth chart for the site if a small image doesn't suit your fancy.

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Images edited, have fun peeps.

Eszett

one love
One issue, though...Poison was special and Dragon was physical in R/B/Y. D:

Other than that, looking good.

POKErUsAm

Macho man!
its a good qustion,but if you play the game thogh you find out all type advantages and disadvantages.its very simple to me,and im sure many others!:)

M

muffineater

thanks much paper fairy those charts will help me alot. 289 type combos is a bit much to committ to menmory for me at the current time. i am very surprised that so many of you have similar opinions about this mater.
now that they are here (the charts) couldn't serebii just copy paste them onto the main site in game mechanics or attackdex. Although I know that joe is very busy. sorry to make this headache for you serebii.

on fire red i checked my help menu there are no charts or anything like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Sorry but blocks of colour like that aren't good enough enough. It means you have to keep checking what each colour means. Simple symbols like an X, O and Tick Symbol (Which I can't do, but I know you can get one through various dingbat fonts), for No Effect, Not Very Effective and Super Effective respectfully.

You've also left Steel and Dark in the RBY Chart. Also the following problems:
  • Bug does normal damage against Ghost, as Bug attacks read as Super Effective against the Gengar family
  • Dragon vs Dragon is meaningless as there's only 1 Dragon attack and it does a set amount of damage (Dragon Rage, 40 HP)
  • Ground does normal damage against Grass, as Ground attcks read Super Effective against duel Grass/Poison types.

I would of course, check everything on a game before hand.

Zora

perpetually tired
RaZoR LeAf said:
You've also left Steel and Dark in the RBY Chart. Also the following problems:

Last time I checked RBY lacked Steel and Dark.

Sorry, I only look at the left side.

Last edited:

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
I think RaZoR LeAf meant that Paperfairy left the types in the chart. Dark, and Steel are still at the top of the RBY chart.

M

muffineater

ok i see what your talking about. but there are not any steel attacks or dark attacks in ryb

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
I've read all the recomendations you've made, and I shall implement them all tomorrow morning. I just moved, and my room is a 100% mess. o_o

BTW, my name is as seen in my name, NOT Paper fairy, or paper fairy or paperfairy. ._.