• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is this gen so underrated?

Serebii!

The third generation is great and I always go back to play it but the things I don't like is after the Pokemon League there is nothing to do, water is way too common and they were very easy and boring but still great

swiftswimmers24

Karp Apprentice
not back then.
ahh gen 3... my first gen.. practically the only reason why i got a GBA SP LOL
LG was my first game.... and i enjoyed it so much... then came emerald.
even with all those ST00PD tentacools and my save file getting deleted every single time i defeat wallace.. I STILL LOVED IT.

Tonguetyd

Gen 3 isn't underrated.Now it's overrated.Everyone's drooling over a remake.

ebevan91

Well for me, I was kinda the same way with nostalgia.

When we only had 3 generations, I didn't like Gen 3 and I loved Gens 1 and 2.

Well then 4th and 5th Gens came along (played Gen 4 for the first time in 2011 at the same time B/W were released), and I realized that I didn't like the Pokemon from Gens 4 and 5, except a very few, and I started appreciating Gen 3 more.

Now the Pokemon from Gen 3 are probably my favorite.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
Yeah. I remember times when gen 3 was still the 'oh so new' and me and my brother found it really hard to memorize names of all gen 3 pokemon (now we do, but not for further generations; I know some, but my brother doesn't know more than most) and we were all like "New gen already? I mean ALREADY?" when it came out.

Ausgirl

I enjoyed gen 1&2 (gen 2 is my favorite across all gens) and hated gen 3. For me it was the poor graphics. However I've gotten over that. But yeah gen 3 came out during a time when the original fans were starting high school and pkmn was suddenly deemed un-cool. Before then people would sneak the games into school and trade cards behind teachers backs.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I enjoyed gen 1&2 (gen 2 is my favorite across all gens) and hated gen 3. For me it was the poor graphics. However I've gotten over that. But yeah gen 3 came out during a time when the original fans were starting high school and pkmn was suddenly deemed un-cool. Before then people would sneak the games into school and trade cards behind teachers backs.

Poor graphics? I'd say they were a HUGE improvement from GSC!

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
In the beginning when a new gen comes out, everyone has to get used to it, I hated BW at first but now I think it's awesome.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Ruby was my absolute favorite game out of all of them, and my first game was Yellow. It was mostly the music and the setting that got me at first. Hoenn is my favorite region, with the tropical cities and vibrant tunes, filled with Flute solos and Brass choruses. The Pokemon quickly became my favorite of all the overall Generations, of course except for Jolteon. Ah, my pal Jolteon, who I named Lance, has stuck with me as my main Pokemon throughout each generation. But the Eon Duo is definitely my favorite Legendary Pokemon by far.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Teh pokemanz r uglY, apparently. Also, the fact that you can't trade with the original games made many people upset. Also confused me when I tried to put Ruby into my GBC lol.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
It'd probably gain more popularity if there were R/S/E remakes. Not for the sake of having the remakes, but because the remakes would be available on a DS gamecard like how you can with the other generations. I loved playing Sapphire version though when it came out.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
It'd probably gain more popularity if there were R/S/E remakes. Not for the sake of having the remakes, but because the remakes would be available on a DS gamecard like how you can with the other generations. I loved playing Sapphire version though when it came out.

Completely opposite, I'd love it if the newer games were suitable for GBA.

G50

No longer posting
I think it was more overrated than underated.

There were many downsides to the games like the weather animation and surf

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
Completely opposite, I'd love it if the newer games were suitable for GBA.

I'm not too bothered either way what console it's made for. I think it's just because the DS is the 'latest handheld console' that'd be the most popular format to sell them on. When HG and SS came out I'd have bought it quite happily if it was only use able on the GBA. However you have to think about the current market ( which as much as I hate it, technology moves too fast for its own good these days) so people whose first console was a DS it'd be popular.