• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why is Trip so hated among the fandom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Over gloried? He was a punching bag to mostly everyone else. Ash is just Ash but he's finally redeming himself like Bianca did.
As as far as Paul goes, since the writing for BW 2 is shabby, who knows if Paul is as strong as he used to back in Sinnoh? They might make him lose to Burgundy just to be trollish.>_<

Oh man if that Paul/Burgundy happened I think I'd cry.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No , It proved that Trip is the most Over gloried rival!
He only inferior to Ash though his status as a Main rival!
That why everyone can kick his butt accept Ash!
Truth is , Paul would raped all Trip's pokemon 100 time in a row just with his Torterra!

Funny how Barry also lost most of his battles, yet nobody ever says anything about him being weak. But the moment people sense weakness in Trip, they jump on him like a bunch of hungry sharks. If we're going to criticize Trip for being weak, we should criticize all the other weak rivals. I'm not here for double standards.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Fun fact: Trip actually should have a better shot at beating Paul than Ash based on tactics and personality.

Paul thrives against offensive trainers that charge in gung-ho(read: Ash). Faced with trainers that required him to take the offensive, he lost badly(Brandon and Cynthia).

Trip is more analytic with moves that can cripple defensive trainers(Glare and such). If he can force Paul to take the offensive, he'd likely win, as Paul tend to rely on counterattacks to win matches.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Fun fact: Trip actually should have a better shot at beating Paul than Ash based on tactics and personality.

Paul thrives against offensive trainers that charge in gung-ho(read: Ash). Faced with trainers that required him to take the offensive, he lost badly(Brandon and Cynthia).

Trip is more analytic with moves that can cripple defensive trainers(Glare and such). If he can force Paul to take the offensive, he'd likely win, as Paul tend to rely on counterattacks to win matches.

I guess so :)

Waderf

S'il vous plait ! :)
Why Trip is hated... Uuuuuh...

- He's basically Paul's illegitimate twin brother with lighter colors. COME ON, people. Same facial expressions, same speech manners, same attitude, same look... Ok he isn't the same trainer. That's the problem: ...

- ...HE'S AWFULLY BORING, he brings NOTHING to the show, he's just there, he talks, well, nobody cares, nothing happens, nothing moves. Good, boy. Bianca is a good character, she's clumsy and she's cute because of her immaturity. Georgia is a good character, she's fierce and she has a fascinating attitude and rivalry with Iris. Burgundy has a wonderful attitude, she's funny and she's not unidimensional. (Her battle against Iris with Dewott was absolutely priceless).
Trip, you have no personality (Beating Ash because nothing and then helping him with Oshawott... well, you hate the guy or you love him?), no character trait (Photo, duh), no backstory (Sorry, boy, but your tearful love story with Alder's Bouffalant wasn't that poignant), NOTHING. You're like a guy they pick in the audience and said: "You'll be Ash's Rival because of reasons"

- All his relationship with Ash feels FORCED AS HELL. Gary has a past with Ash. Paul and Ash has opposite point of view. Trip has WHAT with Ash? They're trainers. Good. Then? They’re boys, cool. They have some similar Pokemon, Snivy, Pidove, ok. That’s a good start! *sarcasm*

- He has nothing to do with any of the cast, he don't talk to anybody but Ash - and talk is a big word when these conversations are nothing but "HAHA IMDA BEST U CRAP IM GONNA BEAT YA BECAUSE OF REASONS LOL"

- I don't care about him at all. He's here, well, ok. He's not here, same.

So I can totally understand why he is hated. It's just because he deserves to be, because he's nothing but a spot anybody else can fit in. That's just my opinion.

kod3

I don't hate him, I hate the writer that made him stronger than extremely experienced Ash. For some reason, he keeps beating Ash even though he is a new trainer. Yes no story related with Ash but he is just there to beat Ash. But damn writers, so that Ash will beat him in the league. It has happened almost every region. So this time it is Emboar's turn to activate Blaze to beat him, I guess.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

- He's basically Paul's illegitimate twin brother with lighter colors. COME ON, people. Same facial expressions, same speech manners, same attitude, same look... Ok he isn't the same trainer. That's the problem: ...

- ...HE'S AWFULLY BORING, he brings NOTHING to the show, he's just there, he talks, well, nobody cares, nothing happens, nothing moves. Good, boy. Bianca is a good character, she's clumsy and she's cute because of her immaturity. Georgia is a good character, she's fierce and she has a fascinating attitude and rivalry with Iris. Burgundy has a wonderful attitude, she's funny and she's not unidimensional. (Her battle against Iris with Dewott was absolutely priceless).
Trip, you have no personality (Beating Ash because nothing and then helping him with Oshawott... well, you hate the guy or you love him?), no character trait (Photo, duh), no backstory (Sorry, boy, but your tearful love story with Alder's Bouffalant wasn't that poignant), NOTHING. You're like a guy they pick in the audience and said: "You'll be Ash's Rival because of reasons"

- All his relationship with Ash feels FORCED AS HELL. Gary has a past with Ash. Paul and Ash has opposite point of view. Trip has WHAT with Ash? They're trainers. Good. Then? They’re boys, cool. They have some similar Pokemon, Snivy, Pidove, ok. That’s a good start! *sarcasm*

- He has nothing to do with any of the cast, he don't talk to anybody but Ash - and talk is a big word when these conversations are nothing but "HAHA IMDA BEST U CRAP IM GONNA BEAT YA BECAUSE OF REASONS LOL"

So I can totally understand why he is hated. It's just because he deserves to be, because he's nothing but a spot anybody else can fit in. That's just my opinion.

Pretty much this: He brings nothing to the table, his Frillish is more interesting then him.

BlueDragonfangirl

Funny how Barry also lost most of his battles, yet nobody ever says anything about him being weak. But the moment people sense weakness in Trip, they jump on him like a bunch of hungry sharks. If we're going to criticize Trip for being weak, we should criticize all the other weak rivals. I'm not here for double standards.

He suddenly got powerful though like that, you don't even see him train like you did Paul, he just appears again after how many episodes since last than "Hey, I know lets make Trip super powerful right before the league to make things harder for Ash. " Writer 2 "Trip kept loosing though, wouldn't that confuse the fans with no tension between Ash and Trip no on screen training?" Writer 1 "Pure gold right?"

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses

What the hell did you say? Trip has great past that inspired him to become Champion. Trip has great personalities, intelligence, and attitudes. Trip is the most intelligent rival of all, making him Cheren 2.0. Bianca, Georgia, Stephan, and Burgundy are good rival, even anime put Hugh will be Ash's new rival someday. I wouldn't mind. Trip is not boring as you thought. Sorry, I am not meant to be fanatic, but Trip is not cruel like Paul, right? Trip never release his weak Pokemon, right? Ash doesn't hate Trip. Trip is actually kind-hearted guy , did you remember when he helped Ash's Oshawott uncontrollable Aqua Jet? Is that called 'boring?' You must watch Trip VS Alder soon. Who knows there will be Trip's development. As a fan, I give you little advice. I give you notice not to be sarcasm. Trip has great ability for observing, examining, and analyzing thing.

Last edited:

Waderf

S'il vous plait ! :)
What the hell did you say? Trip has great past that inspired him to become Champion. Trip has great personalities, intelligence, and attitudes. Trip is the most intelligent rival of all, making him Cheren 2.0. Bianca, Georgia, Stephan, and Burgundy are good rival, even anime put Hugh will be Ash's new rival someday. I wouldn't mind. Trip is not boring as you thought. Sorry, I am not meant to be fanatic, but Trip is not cruel like Paul, right? Trip never release his weak Pokemon, right? Ash doesn't hate Trip. Trip is actually kind-hearted guy , did you remember when he helped Ash's Oshawott uncontrollable Aqua Jet? Is that called 'boring?' You must watch Trip VS Alder soon. Who knows there will be Trip's development. As a fan, I give you little advice. I give you notice not to be sarcasm. Trip has great ability for observing, examining, and analyzing thing.

I am a huuuuuuuuge fan of Cilan. I love him from the deep of my heart, he's cute as hell, he has a fantastic Pokemon team in my opinion.

BUT I must recognize that his anime character is CRAP because he has no depth and is just a way for the authors to fill up Team Rocket's new schedule

I hate Iris, she's ugly and all, but I must recognize that her anime character has excellent developement, I even regret she has not more episodes.

So you see, fanatism can be paired with objectivity.

I understand your love for Trip but you saying everything when you said "Making him Cheren 2.0". Trip is not creative as a character, he's somethng pick up from other characters.

Trip is not cruel, too bad. Because that would have make him interesting. He has no opinion at all, nothing to say.

Trip never release his weak Pokemon, no... he has a hoarding problem with them.

Ash doesn't hate Ash, well, I hope someday we'll know what he think about him, that would be interesting !

He doesn't help Oshawott, he randomly shows a photo to Ash to prove him his Oshawott is dumb.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
I am a huuuuuuuuge fan of Cilan. I love him from the deep of my heart, he's cute as hell, he has a fantastic Pokemon team in my opinion.

BUT I must recognize that his anime character is CRAP because he has no depth and is just a way for the authors to fill up Team Rocket's new schedule

I hate Iris, she's ugly and all, but I must recognize that her anime character has excellent developement, I even regret she has not more episodes.

I understand your love for Trip but you saying everything when you said "Making him Cheren 2.0". Trip is not creative as a character, he's somethng pick up from other characters.

Trip is not cruel, too bad. Because that would have make him interesting. He has no opinion at all, nothing to say.

Ash doesn't hate Ash, well, I hope someday we'll know what he think about him, that would be interesting !

He doesn't help Oshawott, he randomly shows a photo to Ash to prove him his Oshawott is dumb.

It's just your opinion. I don't wanna start to fight ._., You say Trip is not creative? Tell me why he is very intelligent and knowledgeable unlike Gary and Paul? *condescending-wonka*

Trip is hated because he's boring and he isn't Paul.

Simple as that.

Iris is not ugly, she's a hot looking babe, Iris has been in more episodes since she is a main character after all.

That is your opinion because Trip is not hated or even boring unlike Paul was during the DP series.

Last edited:
Iris is not ugly, she's a hot looking babe, Iris has been in more episodes since she is a main character after all.

That is your opinion because Trip is not hated or even boring unlike Paul was during the DP series.

So you're a 28 year old calling a 10 year old a hot looking babe. Wow.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Guys, I know a topic like this is begging for trouble, but let's try to stay away from all these personal attacks on/sniping at each other. (let's also refrain from posting creepy remarks about the animated children in this children's cartoon)

E: Animated children's cartoon? As opposed to what other kind of cartoon?

Last edited:
So you're a 28 year old calling a 10 year old a hot looking babe. Wow.

You think that's weird, see what guys older than me say about Hilda/Mei. Jeez

Edit: I agree mod above me

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses

I like your opinion about Iris! Trip is different with Paul. Trip will never be doing the same as Paul's bad habit

Last edited:

DMerle

Guess who's back

LOL, that's one of the worst posts I've ever seen. You call an animated character " a hot looking babe", then chide someone about there opinion on Trip before getting in your own about Paul, good job.

At this stage Trip doesn't stand a chance against Paul, as for the "taking offensive" strategy, it's a good point but I doubt that is the case. Paul's been shown to work offensively countless times and win, I think it was rather the magnitude of his opponents that caused the loss.

Last edited:

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Can you give me examples?

I will admit to not having watched every fight he's been in, but Every single one of the "Big fights" had him play defensively and win, or offensively and lose.

Also, lol at Trip not standing a chance. Please tell me how Paul's Torterra(A slow tank) would realistically beat Trip's Serperior(a fast powerhouse+Tank that can just paralyze Torterra if it has any issues).

Paul isn't out of Trip's range. As long as he's not horribly beaten in strength, (aka Paul vs Cynthia), he has a good shot. There simply isn't such a massive difference in ability in the anime.

I'm a Paul fan, and I don't really care for Trip. Doesn't change the fact that Paul would have to give one of his better fights to beat any of the BW rivals beyond Burgundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.