• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Why" (One-shot Contestshippy)

A "Drew-hurts-May-May-leaves" one-shot. Rated PG-13 for minor language. This song is "Why" by my all-time favorite singer dude, Jason Aldean. Hope you like it!!
~~~~~
"Why"
~~~~~
It's three AM and I finally say
I'm sorry for acting that way
I didn't really mean to make you cry
Oh baby, sometimes I wonder why

"Damn it, Drew! Why do you have to be like that? Why do you always have to be such a know-it-all, such a jerk? You arogant idiot! I've had it- good-bye!" May screamed, turning and running out the door. Other contestants stood around, watching the whole fight. Drew stood still, staring after his one and only love.

Does it always have to come down
To you leaving
Before I'll say I love you
Why do I always use the words
That cut the deepest
When I know how much it hurts you
Oh baby, why do I do that to you

Drew started to chase after her, yelling, "May, wait! I didn't mean it! I'm sorry!" May cried, "Well, sorry doesn't cut it!" Drew caught up and grabbed May's hand. "Wait, May, I love you."

I know I'd never let you walk away
So why do I push you 'til you break
And why are you always on the verge of good-bye
Before I'll show you how I really feel inside

He'd done it again. He couldn't help it, the words just sprang from his mouth. She never listened to his pleas, his apologies, she'd forgiven him too many times in the past to have it happen all over again. "Damn it, May..." Drew said, starting the whole game of cat-and-mouse again.

Does it always have to come down
To you leaving
Before I'll say I love you
Why do I always use the words
That cut the deepest

"Drew... I can't forgive you again, this has happened too many times." May told her boyfriend, sobbing. "May... I love you. You know that. It's just, sometimes I say things I don't mean, and you always run off. Please, forgive me, one more time." Drew responded.

Why do I always use the words that cut the deepest
Why do I do that to you

May stood alone on the cliff by the sea, staring out at the murky blue water. "Drew, I want to forgive you... I do, I love you... but it's happened too many times..." May murmured, then a voice behind her said softly, "May, please..." May turned to see Drew. She fell into his arms, sobbing wildly. "Drew... I love you. But..." She started to say, but Drew's lips on her own stopped her. "I love you too, May. It'll never happen again, I promise." Drew whispered, hugging her close. May pulled away. "I don't believe you." She whimpered, "I can't trust you... so until we meet again..." And she walked right out of his life.
I watched behind me, seeing all the Coordinators go past me. She wasn't here. I thought she would have been, she'd never passed up the Grand Festival before. The memories in my head that were swimming around suddenly stopped, one particular one freezing. It was a mental picture of May, my one and only love.

Watch my life
Pass me by
In the rear-view mirror
Pictures frozen in time
Are becoming clearer
I don't wanna waste another day
Stuck in the shadow of my mistakes

Yeah....

"Hey! May!" A voice yelled, and another voice responded, "Max!" I turned at the name May, and at the other end of the room, there she stood, locked in a hug with her brother. I still couldn't believe I'd just let her walk right away from me, and I intended to fix it. I hadn't seen a single girl since she'd left me, still pining for her love.

Cause I want you
And I feel you
Driving underneath my skin
Like a hunger
Like a burning
To find a place I've never been
Now I'm broken
And I'm faded
I'm half the man I thought I would be
But you can have what's left of me

As I gathered my courage, May saw me. I moved towards her, but she backed away, scowling. "May... I just want to talk." I called softly, and she relaxed slightly, this time not backing away from me. "I don't care about the contest... come with me, we have to talk." I said, staring down into her sapphire blue eyes. They were like blocks of ice, piercing right through me. We walked outside, and towards the park, in utter silence. We passed trees and houses, and occasionally a little pond, finally making it to the park. Benches and trees passed by, but no people- we were completely alone.

There was a fountain in the center of the park, and that was where we sat. "May... Ever since you left... I've been different. I barely made it to the Grand Festival this year. I was so out of it, for so long... I miss you." I choked out past the lump in my throat.

I've been dying inside
Little by little
No where to go
But I'm going out of my mind
In endless circles
Running from myself until
You give me a reason for standing still

May took a breath, opened her mouth, then shut it again. She seemed at a loss for words, so I continued, "I want you back, May Maple, I can't live without you. Please, May. I've changed. I swear I have. Please..." May mulled it over, tapping her chin in resolute silence, then sucked in a deep breath. "Drew... I'm sorry. I never should have left... my life has been hell since I left you."

Cause I want you
And I feel you
Like a hunger
Like a burning
Now I'm broken
And I'm faded

I nearly fell into the fountain at those words. I distantly felt May wrap her arms around me in a hug, and unconsciously, I dipped my head. My lips met hers, in a sweet kiss, melting into one another. "I love you, May Maple. Forever and ever." I whispered, pulling away.

It's falling faster
Barely breathing
Give me something
To believe in
Tell me it's not all in my head

Take what's left
Of this man
Make me whole
Once again

I couldn't believe it. I had her back in my arms, after such a long time. Finally together again, May and I made our way back to the contest hall, arm-in-arm, to find that I'd been scratched because I wasn't there. But it didn't bother me any, I had May back.

Cause I want you
And I feel you
Like a hunger
Like a burning
Now I'm broken
And I'm faded

We sat on the beach, watching the sun sink below the horizon. It was perfect, the way the light reflected in May's eyes, the wind whistling through her sleek brown hair, now grown down past her shoulders. May started humming, smiling up at me. I smiled back, and as I tilted my head down to kiss her, time seemed to stop. A flashback threw my mind into turmoil, and I was remembering our meeting on the sea-cliff two years ago.

I've been dying inside you see
I'm going out of my mind
Out of my mind
Just running in circles all the time
Will you take what's left
Will you take what's left of me?
Running in circles all the time
Will you take what's left of me?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's my new one-shot! Read and review please!
EDIT: I just had a clever idea, I merged two songs into this, and I put up the missing piece!!! The second song is: What's Left of Me by Nick Lachey.

Kitteh out.

~Kitteh ;258;

Last edited:
foxkitty said:
Aww it's so sweet and sad. What did Drew do?

Let's see if I can explain. (If I had explained it all in the one-shot itself it'd take hours and hours to write). Drew sometimes says things he doesn't mean to May, like she's a terrible Coordinator and a bad girlfriend. He also gets OOC and get's drunk, and starts hitting on another girl. So there. :p

Kitteh & Mudboy out.

~Kitteh
~Mudboy (a.k.a. Murderin' Mudkip) ;258;

Stephy

candies!!!11
Another one of my late posts...:( WHY IN THE WORLD IS DREW LIKE THAT
-starts taking random things like chicken pie or um, ice-cream and throw it at him-

Random passer-by- HEY! That was my Ice-Cream and my Chicken Pie!

Me- :p I just had to throw it at Drew! He is being mean!

Random passer-by- But you still didn't have to take my food!

Me-Oh yeah?

Random passer-by-YEAH!

Me-:p Too bad for you! Now fly to Mars and sit on the moon to sing, The Cow Walks Over To The Moon or whatever song you like. -kicks the passer by to Mars- ALLALUIA!

Anyway, why didn't you show us whether May forgave him anot? Great story by the way...

Last edited:
May_Beautifly said:
Another one of my late posts...:( WHY IN THE WORLD IS DREW LIKE THAT
-starts taking random things like chicken pie or um, ice-cream and throw it at him-

Random passer-by- HEY! That was my Ice-Cream and my Chicken Pie!

Me- :p I just had to throw it at Drew! He is being mean!

Random passer-by- But you still didn't have to take my food!

Me-Oh yeah?

Random passer-by-YEAH!

Me-:p Too bad for you! Now fly to Mars and sit on the moon to sing, The Cow Walks Over To The Moon or whatever song you like. -kicks the passer by to Mars- ALLALUIA!

Anyway, why didn't you show us whether May forgave him anot? Great story by the way...

Thanks! I think it says somewhere in there that she wouldn't forgive him, because it had happened too many times before... Oh. It doesn't. I guess I forgot that part... XD I'll just go fix that now...

~Kitteh ;258;

*~Puru-Ryuu~*

|x|Rebirth|x|
That's is soo cute I love it. Sad yet Happy.

Stephy

candies!!!11
YAY! They are together again! YAY! Though I think Drew doesn't deserve it.

The Great Butler said:
Excellent work, Kitteh. May and Drew make a great couple, and I'm a sucker for teary-eyed love fics like this.

(gives the infamous Butler Empire cake)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :D <- cheesy grin XD

~Kitteh ;258;

Sakura Marie

Summer Pool Time!
OOH! Thant was so sweet! I loved it ^_^

Sakura Marie: Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it!
flygonrulz: Thanks. Though I'm not so sure about some of my other fics being brilliant.... XD

~Kitteh ;258;