• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why people don't appreciate all the Pokemon?

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
I use all of them for battles. But sad to say I see too many overused Pokemons. I feel like they abandon the rest.

Why people don't appreciate all the Pokemon? It is their appearance or their stats and movesets? I would like to hear it from you guys.

Flying Weasel

I've always just used the pokemon I've liked, even if they are not the strongest. That being said I don't win online games very often, or at all for that matter.

LizardonX

Banned
Because OU pokes are better. Smogon can prove with science why Charizard sucks in competitive and you should use something else.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
In-game, use whatever you like. But in conpetitive play, people will obviously use the most powerful Pokemon in that tier. But that's another conversation.

Pokemon~Master

There are some Pokemon I dislike or have never gotten around to using.

There is no really bad Pokemon it seems, there are some that arre stronger ones than others, but Pokemon is a game of strategy. I've actually used ones such as Dunsparce, Shuckle and Qwilfish, sure they were hard to catch and train, but doesn't that make the game a challenge and thus more entertaining?

Serebii!

If people are going to compete in the OU tier then it is likely you will see OU Pokemon while in game most people use their favourites. Many people prefer some Pokemon over others while not basing it entirely on strength, some use one Pokemon and like it and want to continue using, while others may get used then left in the PC

mask_and_mirror

Hoppip Hugger
I don't care about competition. The beauty of the games is that you can win with whatever Pokemon you choose; so I play with the ones I like best. Who cares what is the most powerful if you push the game to its extremes?

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Thats the beauty of the tier list. You don't have to use the OU pokemon. You can make a UU team, or, like myself, even a Little Cup team. Every pokemon has their time to shine in each tier or in-game, but that still doesn't mean there aren't some that just do another Pokemons job...better.

You can use whatever Pokemon you want in game, but when you get into competitive and want to be good you have to learn to drop your feelings for "how cool or awesome" a Pokemon looks and start to realize "how good its movepool and stats are and how well does it do the job you want it to do compared to other Pokemon in that tier." That's why Dragons are so popular, because many of them have wide movepools and amazing stats, its nor really about how "cool" they are -then again they are cool.-

Every pokemon is appreciated in some way shape or form, you just have to find out how for yourself.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
That's because all Pokémon are unique in their own way and their uniqueness sometimes don't coincide with people's interests.

AnakBaé

People don't appreciate all Pokemon because there is no equality in terms of base stats, movepool, and physical appearance.
For example, why bother using the ugly looking Feebas over the badass looking Electivire? or Why bother using Pokemon with low base stats such as Wormadam over Scizor? It's natural to find yourself drooling over the "cool" or "strong" Pokemon, but then again people are different in terms of taste & preference. If you're not that kind of people who seeks power or coolness aspect, then give yourself a pat in the back, because you're one of a kind.

There's a difference between using a Pokemon and appreciating it. I always use Pokemon I like, but still... When I play on Wifi, I don't use Bayleef and Dragonair. However, I still appreciate them, they're my second favourite and third favourite Pokemon. But I always use my favourite, Milotic, and I never use Pokemon I don't like, even back when I was a competitive battler. And I still did perfectly fine and won most of my battles.

Let's use Karen's over-used but awesome quote here: "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

Luthor

Everyone is going to have their preferences. Some people just won't like certain pokemon. It's not a problem.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Appriciation is for the last generation of people. Nowdays it's all about being the best, no matter what game you're playing. therefore, some Pokemon get forgotten when it comes to playing.
And it's also an act of interest. People have different oponions on the Pokemon anyway

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
Because using weak pokemon for battles will make you lose. I don't use for example starters in battle but I still love them.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Each and everyone has different tastes and definitely so for Pokemon, considering that there's hundreds of them, expect that people will be liking some of them and will be disliking others and on many, probably be indifferent and we will have our reasons why. We all have our own preferences for Pokemon like me for example, I prefer strong Pokemon for my team but I like to catch good looking Pokes too... So yeah, to each is his/her own.
- Nate the ;448;

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Take Glaceon and Kyurem-C.

Competitively and in-game, Kyurem-C is obviously much better. It's the main reason Glaceon is not usable in OU: it's simply outclassed. Kyurem can run a very effective SubRoost set, is still good with an offensive set(particularly the Choice Specs set, don't bother with the Scarf one because it's outclassed) and it can screw over rain teams that don't have Keldeo.

HOWEVER, I will show you something completely ridiculous.
| 101 | Kyurem | 0.84462% | 16160 | 0.753% | 12088 | 0.699% |
| 155 | Glaceon | 0.30601% | 15982 | 0.745% | 11634 | 0.673% |

Look at the raw usage. You will see that Kyurem-C has only 0.008%(!!!) more raw usage than Glaceon. This goes to show how much love the Eeveelutions get. People tend to go "AWW LOOK AT GLACE IT'S SO KAWAII, SCREW THAT PIECE OF CRAP THEY CALL KYUREM" and then use Glaceon. I know Kyurem is ugly, but let's accept it, looks don't matter in-game nor competitively. Thank God the weighting system exists, however. Glaceon is only used by inexperienced players. If you are decent, you should know Kyurem is the way to go.

Last edited:
Glaceon is only used by inexperienced players. If you are decent, you should know Kyurem is the way to go.

Maybe that's a nice challenge for experienced and 'decent' players: trying to win with Pokemon they actually like. I know others don't do that often, but it's what I used to do when I played competitive: always using my favourite Pokemon, only even considering Pokemon I like, and not using Pokemon I don't like, and still getting good battling results and winning the majority of my battles.