• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Shuckle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow chaser

Holla Front!
Now this is a question that's in my head for quite sometimes now: How Come Shuckle has SUPER high defense stats? I mean sure, it does look like an Defensive Pokemon but why make its stats sky high? Shuckle looks... plain, in my opinion and with defense higher than Steelix and Sp. Def higher than Regice, it seems very odd to me.
Basically it's a worm in a rock, it looks defensive but like Metapod type of Defensive and not Steelix type of Defensive if you get what I mean. With very little weaknesses and the move Power Trick,(well...if you know how to use the move effectively) I don't see why it doesnt get mentioned as much as Pokemons like Lanturn and Politoed... And these Pokemons don't get mentioned very often!

Oh and 1 more thing: Maybe it's the rubbish HP stats that made this Pokemon unpopular I'm not sure... I never owned a Shuckle before(I don't have Emerald and nobody seems to know the secret behind Altering Cave:( ) It's rubbish attack stats can be overlooked by moves like Stealth Rock and Toxic so no one's complaining about that.

(Today's my birthday oooo hooo! ... Where's my present?!)

It's because Schuckle has a secret no one knows.
Oh btw, Shuckle isn't just a worm in a rock. We see it as that cause we can't comprehend it's true form.

To be serious, I think the pokémon company just wanted to make a pokémon with super high defences. There is no reason behind it.

Its shell could be harder than diamond.
But since its in a heavy shell its vary slow.
Its body is also solf, so it can't take many hits.

The key is its shell, without it, its defenseless.

Now this is a question that's in my head for quite sometimes now: How Come Shuckle has SUPER high defense stats? I mean sure, it does look like an Defensive Pokemon but why make its stats sky high? Shuckle looks... plain, in my opinion and with defense higher than Steelix and Sp. Def higher than Regice, it seems very odd to me.
Basically it's a worm in a rock, it looks defensive but like Metapod type of Defensive and not Steelix type of Defensive if you get what I mean.
The fact that Shuckle's shell is actually made of rock would be an explanation of how and why its Defense stats are so high. Metapod has a hard coating, not a shell made of rock. Also, a Pokemon's appearance should not interfere with its Stats or moves it is able to learn.

Oh and 1 more thing: Maybe it's the rubbish HP stats that made this Pokemon unpopular I'm not sure... I never owned a Shuckle before(I don't have Emerald and nobody seems to know the secret behind Altering Cave:( ) It's rubbish attack stats can be overlooked by moves like Stealth Rock and Toxic so no one's complaining about that.
I think Shuckle's HP and Speed makes up for its high Defense Stats, and its Attack is nothing special either. Move set possibilities that make it rather unpopular, as the most powerful move it can be taught is Earthquake, which will not do much thanks to Shuckle's Attack stat. However, In Emerald Version you are able to capture Shuckle not only in Altering Cave, but in the Safari Zone extension after you beat the Elite Four.

the master123

Ive Gotta bad feelin
Like the others said the secret is the shell.
I bet it would make great body armor.

Golden Pure said:
Also, a Pokemon's appearance should not interfere with its Stats or moves it is able to learn.

Really? Ok then, I propose Diglett can learn Fly.

But I'm another for the rock hard shell, jelly body. It makes sense.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Drake Pokétrainer said:
Oh btw, Shuckle isn't just a worm in a rock. We see it as that cause we can't comprehend it's true form.

Shuckle is Giygas?

There's no way of telling how hard Shuckle's shell is, so you have to imagine it being so. Also, since when is Shuckle unpopular? People have talked about Shuckle quite a bit.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Hmmm... Ya, I'd go with the shell as hard as diamond. BUT! Let's not forget, maybe this has something to do with the fact it is a fungus that decomposes berries into Berry juice? Come to think of it, if shucle's shell can decompose berrys, that makes sense it has hgh defence... I guess... and, to the person that said the thing about pokemon's apperences having nothing to do with stats or attacks, look again, EVERY POKEMON LEARNS ATTACKS AND HAS MOVESETS DEPENDENT ON THIER LOOKS!!! Don't pester me with the old, "Why can Zigzagoon learn surf argument, Cause, last time I checked, Racoons could swim.

Shiny pokemon lower

Well the logic isn't there, but mabye it is something spesical with the rock Shuckle hides in?

And yes it should have higher HP but it already have defence/spesical defence like an uber so mabye it would become to strong?
Anyway I have used Shucle a bit. It's good!

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Shuckle's shell is probably made of carbon-fiber.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Nintendo made it so it can be one of the most annoying walls in the UU tier.

Duh.

Really? Ok then, I propose Diglett can learn Fly.

Hmmm... Ya, I'd go with the shell as hard as diamond. BUT! Let's not forget, maybe this has something to do with the fact it is a fungus that decomposes berries into Berry juice? Come to think of it, if shucle's shell can decompose berrys, that makes sense it has hgh defence... I guess... and, to the person that said the thing about pokemon's apperences having nothing to do with stats or attacks, look again, EVERY POKEMON LEARNS ATTACKS AND HAS MOVESETS DEPENDENT ON THIER LOOKS!!! Don't pester me with the old, "Why can Zigzagoon learn surf argument, Cause, last time I checked, Racoons could swim.
First of all, I said a Pokemon's appearance should not interfere with the moves it is able to learn, and the stats it can obtain. I only said this statement because the original poster threw in that Shuckle looked plain; making me want to point out that it has nothing to do with its Stats or moves. I say this because it seems odd how Shuckle can learn Earthquake, but the fact is that it can learn Earthquake. Second of all, stating that every Pokemon has Move sets and Stats dependant on their looks is very vague and inaccurate. I could name plenty of Pokemon that can learn odd moves based on their appearance, or should have a better or worse Stat. For example, why can't Celebi learn Fly even though it has wings? Togetic does not seem to suggest it is slow, but its Speed is the lowest Stat. However, this topic is about Shuckle and I don't want it to become a debate about a whole bunch of other Pokemon's appearances and contradictions.

I never said a Pokemon's appearance does not interfere with it's Move set and such.

Also, since when is Shuckle unpopular? People have talked about Shuckle quite a bit.
Yes, but I guess the original poster meant that Shuckle is not used very often by battlers, which I agree with.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yes, but I guess the original poster meant that Shuckle is not used very often by battlers, which I agree with.

I see it quite often on Shoddy. I use the little worm thing as well.

Yogurt

tbh, I think shuckle should have high def and sp def as he does. He just looks like a metal turtle. He looks very sturdy like he could take a hit. I know steelix and onix may look more defensive but the truth is, they only look that way because they are bigger. Just accept that shuckle is awesome.

platinum breeder

Shuckle's shell is probably made of carbon-fiber.

LOL!!! It's not are CAR!! Actually its more like a rock shell or one of those exocskelton crabs you get.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
He's wearing a rock! Mabey the creators of pokemon wanted a Noob pokemon to have good defence and bad evreything else..,

AbsolutePwnage

The Lonely Weavile
Its shell could be made of some uknown material that is super stronge.

Status
Not open for further replies.