• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why this isn't a reboot

Do you think Pokemon Best Wishes is a reboot?

• yes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • no

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasystar69

I am addressing a lot of post that state this series is a complete reboot/remake. I don't think that is a case for a few reasons.

1. He already knows Professor Oak (who appeared in episode 1 of best wishes), meaning he has been through the kanto region. If it was a reboot they could have just had him start in Isshu with a new pokemon.

2. Team rocket mentioned their other pokemon which were left behind, so that means ash still has his older pokemon too. Plus he knew who team rocket was when he seen them and didn't act like they were new.

3.Pikachu still has some of it's more advanced moves like volt tackle and iron tail.

4. He actually beat the first gym by strategy and not by luck or being given a badge.

I know he is acting somewhat childish again but that can just be over excitement. I see people predicting he will not finish past the top 16 in the league. I think he will atleast be in the top 4, but maybe the top 2. He lost to the two champions in the past two series, so it would be a bad move to have him lost before the top 4. Just my opinion on it, you can feel free to argue, but please do it in a respectful manner :)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Most of the points you specify aren't really relevant for the fans. It's a real reboot because of the main things-

-TR have changed after 13 years
-Ash has a new male friend instead of Brock
-There are no contests anymore
-Old pokemon will likely not appear anymore
-Joy and Jenny are now look different from the last 13 years
-Chansey got replaced
-TR's pokemon are gone

3.Pikachu still has some of it's more advanced moves like volt tackle and iron tail.
And even these moves look now different...
4. He actually beat the first gym by strategy and not by luck or being given a badge.

He has done it many times before.

Teshub

Banned
It's as good a reboot as you can get without actually replacing the money making mascots of the company.
Maybe you haven't heard the information from the animators themselves saying this is a redux of the Kanto experience.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I never considered Best Wishes a real reboot because Ash and Pikachu are still in the show. As long as they are around the show is still the same and we have a slight chance of seeing old faces again. Ash's old Pokemon are probably going to appear again at some point, in fact they have a higher chance of appearing then older character's (Which is kinda sad) so nobody should really consider this a real reboot.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Why this is a reboot.

Ash doesn't have Brock.

We haven't seen any old Pokemon besides Pikachu and Meowth.

Ash isn't starving to death because of Bro... Dento.

He has Miss Pricky/Perfect.

And TR is smart.

EliteMaster

Ash-kid is right. You must not forget the major changes brought in the anime for fans to consider it canon. The points you made aren't really valid.

Squaaah

reboot
vb [riːˈbuːt]
vb
(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) to shut down and restart (a computer system) or (of a computer system) to shut down and restart

Think of it this way. Has the series been turned off and on again?

IMO not really. Its gone back to its roots a BIT, but its not completely returned back to the days of Kanto, and it certainly hasn't totally started afresh. a TRUE reboot would be like Digimon series 3 where they changed the main cast, the world and alot of the Digimon, but this is still in canon with the main series, still focusing on the main 2 characters.

And Brock leaving is not really a reboot sign anymore then Misty leaving was a reboot.

Its not a complete overhaul of the series, its just a combination of whats been good about the series recently and what drew fans too it in the first place to try and bring in a wider audience, without alienating the current audience.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
It's as good a reboot as you can get without actually replacing the money making mascots of the company.
Maybe you haven't heard the information from the animators themselves saying this is a redux of the Kanto experience.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but...yeah, I second the above post.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
A reboot would be Ash starting in Kanto, so yeah, Isshu isn't a reboot, it's just another region with some elements from previous series, but its not a remake.

The animators said they're doing a redux of the original series.

Definition for redux: "brought back, restored"

So yeah, they're bringing back some of the things they did in the original series i.e. a faster paced region.
But that doesn't mean that they're completely rebooting the series!
A lot of people are just taking the term too literally.

Teshub

Banned
They brought back a lot of things from OS that would have otherwise remained in the grave.

phantasystar69

a reboot is starting over new with an already established story kind of like the new nightmare on elm street with a new freddy krueger. I don't think this fits that description because Ash and other characters are still in it, plus Team rocket may be serious, but they still want ash's specific pikachu. So, if this show was starting over then how would they even know him at all. since people are saying him traveling with new people makes it a reboot, then the orange islands was a reboot with tracey, and then houen was a reboot, etc. I am still not convinced we won't see any of ash's other pokemon again. They may be going back towards elements of the original series, but i still consider it modifying the show

phantasystar69

The animators said they're doing a redux of the original series.

Definition for redux: "brought back, restored"

So yeah, they're bringing back some of the things they did in the original series i.e. a faster paced region.
But that doesn't mean that they're completely rebooting the series!
A lot of people are just taking the term too literally.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Teshub

Banned
The anime itself told you this is a new beginning/reboot. No need to try to spin this also.

[IMG139]http://i56.*******.com/2v2fx4p.jpg[/IMG139]

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Quick question, why the hell do we need this thread? No one gives a shit that this is or isn't a reboot.

Teshub

Banned
Quick question, why the hell do we need this thread? No one gives a shit that this is or isn't a reboot.

We think the same of your posts if you add nothing to the thread.

Either discuss the topic, or don't come here. And yes, someone people need clarification because their agenda is to portray BW in their own image instead of reality.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on

Either discuss the topic, or don't come here. And yes, someone people need clarification because their agenda is to portray BW in their own image instead of reality.

You're one to talk.

I was asking an honest question.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

People can ask around you...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
This is a reboot, all the new things compared to the other regions, plus as i said before a reboot doesn't mean Kanto N0.2. It means it's starting fresh. The fact that Ash still knows Oak is redunant. Of course he knows him he's not going to foget somebody important like Oak, it's a reboot in terms he is starting a new adventure and lots of things have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.