• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why this isn't a reboot

Do you think Pokemon Best Wishes is a reboot?

• yes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • no

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena_#1

100% stratusfaction
Honestly? Don't you think it is too early to say that old characters won't appear in this series. No one thought May would appear in DP and suprise suprise she did.

Team Rocket changing is that much of a deal anyway. They have a purpose now and their goal is not just to capture Pikachu anymore.

Its not a reboot guys. And if it is then Ash and Pikachu would be as good as gone.

Profesco

gone gently
-Joy and Jenny are now look different from the last 13 years

Yeah, that one bugs me a little. My initital response was to question why that had to be done, and to express some resentment born of hasty thought, but I figure since Isshu is supposed to be so very far from the other regions, claimed to be based on New York (which is a notion I am very fond of in its own right), having unfamiliar Jennys and Joys wasn't such a cause for disbelief.

Still, it seems an awfully small and trivial item to change, especially in light of some of the other fundamental staples of Pokemon carrying through to the new series, so I'm somewhat partial to the idea that the Jennys and Joys could have stayed the same and not harmed their "reboot" intent to any considerable degree.

Last edited:

Lucille

Let's say Ash goes to a Pokemon Center in Kanto after Isshu what would await him original Joy or Joy 2.0?

BCVM22

Uhm I just want to know what makes this a reboot?

Per the factual definition, nothing. It's certainly the start of a new region, resetting Ash's Pokémon to just Pikachu (at the start, at least) and in this case, changing his supporting cast, just as the anime does every four years or so. But it is not a reboot.

might

Banned
Cynthia won't have a big role in the BW series since she is a minor character,she will have maybe a cameo that is about it,it is pretty clear that the BW series is a reboot, Ash being to other regions don't mean anything and him still having his old pokemon at Oak's Lab does not mean that the Best Wishes series don't count as a reboot.

Brock have a greater chance of coming back then Dawn who suck.

If anybody can't tell that this is a reboot with the new designs of Ash,Team Rocket Jessie,James,Meowth, Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy,then they seriously have something wrong with there brain,this is a reboot end of story.

Cena # 1,it was pretty clear that May would reappear in the DP series and it wasn't a suprise,the DP series don't count as a reboot anyways.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The only thing pretty clear is that you still refuse to accept that your definition of a reboot does not match the factual definition.

You point out that there's nothing precluding past characters from making appearances but still continue to spout this "NOPE DEFINITELY A REBOOT" schlock of yours, contradicting yourself in the process. At this point, your entire argument hinges on someone ratifying your own (incorrect) definition of "reboot". Again, you can keep this semantic farce going for as long as you want, but there's nothing to be had from doing so. Good hunting.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Honestly? Don't you think it is too early to say that old characters won't appear in this series. No one thought May would appear in DP and suprise suprise she did.

Really? I remember just about everyone agreeing that May would appear in DP at SOME point and battle Dawn in a Contest.

It just happened a lot earlier than expected. Who honestly believed May and Dawn wouldn't battle in a Contest? Seriously?

It was the people thinking Misty would meet Dawn that were totally pulling fanfiction.

might

Banned
Bcvm22,you cotradicting your own self and you just don't want to admit that you are wrong,you keep arguing when you know nothing about what a reboot can be in so may ways,you need to give it up, because you won't win.

BCVM22

Bcvm22,you cotradicting your own self and you just don't want to admit that you are wrong,you keep arguing when you know nothing about what a reboot can be in so may ways

Tell me, if I keep "cotradicting [my] own self" [sic] and if I "know nothing about what a reboot can be in so may ways" as you so claim, why don't you tell the class exactly how I keep "cotradicting" myself and exactly "what a reboot can be in so may ways"?

You're doing a good deal of talking about how wrong I am and not a lick of backing it up, son.

you need to give it up, because you won't win.

Bigger men than you have tried. You don't intimidate me in the slightest and it's as clear as it needs to be that you've got absolutely nothing in your folder of arguments but name-calling, insults and crying that I won't stop arguing.

might

Banned
You want to keep arguing which is not going anywere and you are doing name calling which is uncall for.Go get a life.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
If anybody can't tell that this is a reboot with the new designs of Ash,Team Rocket Jessie,James,Meowth, Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy,then they seriously have something wrong with there brain,this is a reboot end of story.
Excuse me, But Ash gets a redesigned every new region. That's nothing new. So did Brock when he was around. Team rocket didn't, But they had Jessie dressing up differently all the time. And while Joy and Jenny were the same, We got to see new and younger versions of them. So the whole "redesign=reboot" idea doesn't really fly since that's hardly anything new.

BCVM22

You want to keep arguing which is not going anywere and you are doing name calling which is uncall for.Go get a life.

I'm sorry your preference is to resort to childish insults and name calling as opposed to actually supporting your argument.

BCVM22

Again, no, it's not a reboot as the definition pertains to fiction. Isn't. Is not.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Have you seen all of the new stuff in this season, it's a clear reboot. That's all i am going to say on this because it's kind of odvious.

BCVM22

Except it isn't. Again (and again and again and again and holy crap again), for it to be a reboot - not what you or whatever other schmoe wants to jump in thinks a reboot is, the factual definition of a reboot as it pertains to fiction - the last thirteen years of stories would have to have been thrown out completely and the show started completely anew. Tell me, did that happen?

That's all I am going I say on this because it's kind of obvious.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
The first two episodes referenced:

1. All the stuff that Ash got in Sinnoh on his desk
2. That Ash is from Kanto
3. That Oak will watch Ash's Pokemon for him while he's in Isshu
4. That TR was in Sinnoh and that their old Pokemon are at TR HQ

in a reboot none of that would have been mentioned/shown. Ash would have just gone on vacation to Isshu and he would be starting there with nothing happening before that. But, as I just posted, they did reference that. And while it may not be brought up tha much, it still all happened. Isshu/BW is just a fresher new region than most, it's not a reboot. Not surprised to see playerking is one who says it is though.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Except it isn't. Again (and again and again and again and holy crap again), for it to be a reboot - not what you or whatever other schmoe wants to jump in thinks a reboot is, the factual definition of a reboot as it pertains to fiction - the last thirteen years of stories would have to have been thrown out completely and the show started completely anew. Tell me, did that happen?

That's all I am going I say on this because it's kind of obvious.

Agreed. We still have Ash, his Pikachu and Team Rocket.

might

Banned
That don't mean anything and the BW series still is a reboot,even though Ash have stuff from Sinnoh and been to Kanto,Johto and the Hoenn Leagues,does not mean that this isn't a reboot and it is pretty clear that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.