• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why was BW's ending so bland?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't think that Best Wishes' finale was that bad. The final episode was actually one of my favorites from Isshu since we got to see Satoshi's Fushigidane again, and it was nice to get a rather relaxing episode right before the start of the Kalos saga. The penultimate episode wasn't particularly amazing, but considering the awful pacing of the last 20-25 Best Wishes episodes, it was as good as I could've hoped for.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Honestly looking back on some of those episode reviews on the forums it seems like people actually enjoyed BW and liked their battles (never found any battles in BW THAT amazing tbh) but it seems like during XY it just got crammed with a bunch of hate when that wasn’t the reception when it was actually airing. I do agree with you they both deserved better endings.
Ahhhh back when the forums were actually a chill place to talk about a series you like and even if it had glaring flaws that made you eyeroll and disappointed people could still come together to talk about the stuff they loved and not drown in negativity. The internet really has changed ever since The Last Jedi, damn you Star Wars fans
It was good
.....how? How was that goodbye in any way good? It was the most lamest to say goodbye to main companions ever. Even Tracey got something better
According to Anime Filler List: Bleach (45%), Detective Conan (43%), Naruto (41%)
Which is why I'll never watch those anime ever :p

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Bleach in infamous for inserting fillers in the middle of the plot. We got a 20 episode filler arc right before Ichigo was about to fight ulquiorra. Not even naruto is that dumb.
But Pokémon was back in DP. Remember that year long gap in between Badges?

DatsRight

The one noteworthy thing about the penultimate episode is that it was maybe the one series where Team Rocket actually got a palpable final showdown against the twerp group instead of a pitiful curbstomp like in DP and XY. Granted it's maybe because of that they don't have much time for an emotional parting. Maybe they should have been separate episodes.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Actually the end of Naruto part 1 had like over 70 consecutive fillers in a row just before the ending.
86 episodes to be exact and lets not even talk about fillers in shippuden. But the ending farewell for iris and cilan was so bad its like they were dumped into the train with writers taking sigh of relief that BW was finally over.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
But Pokémon was back in DP. Remember that year long gap in between Badges?
Tbf, there was content that was worth watching during that long gap. It was better than having to go through the Bleach and Naruto shenanigans which the former was nearly 50% filler and Naruto just for whatever reason has many fillers galore. Dropped both series cause I hated all of that crap.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
There was 20 episode of filler before the final two episodes. So plenty of time to think about a farewell and plenty of space to do so.

They were lazy. Maybe they also noticed the hate for the series and decided to write some garbage and focused on planning XY but that they didn't even put a bit of effort to an at least decent farewell to Iris and Cilan is the true crime.