• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why was G-chomp added to Ubers!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
Ubers is the only exception.

BL is double being both a ban list for UU and a place where low usage OU go.

It's not. If Aerodactyl falls into disuse, it will go to UU. If Dragonite does, it goes to BL. Why? Because someone at Smogon will have made a decision to do so based on whatever (base stats, movepool, blahblahblah). BL and 00bers are ban-tiers based on something subjective, not the base objectivity of how much it's used.

I agree with you when you say that maybe the tiers shouldn't be based on usage at all though (it wouldn't really change much, since you can still use everything in OU that isn't an 00ber, and that tier won't change at all if the way tiers are decided is changed).

randomspot555

Aww, let's whine more about over centralization, with a "z" that is. Anyhow, I personally liked the challenge of chomp, cuz with a little prediction and breaking off from the strict OU smogon sets you're able to effectively beat it out. It's not chomp you're trying to beat, it's the person battling with it. All you have to do is make THEM mis-predict, so yeah, chomp's un-counterable in theory, but not even the best battler always picks the right move :p Just be spontaneous and you win no problem, but everyone nowadays has to stick to their "OMG PMZ DID THS I HAVE TO DU IT 2 ITS THE ONLY WAI!"

Just keep restarting your games, children, if you want the same thing over and over again. Don't go restricting the metagame.

No offense meant, but I really doubt that you play in the competitive environment. Mainly because I spot Smogon bashing, and you mention prediction. Prediction is not countering.

And the reason I mention that is this: If you don't play in the standard competitive environment (IE what 99% of competitive battlers use), then this decision will not affect you at all. But the decision was made to bring balance to the metagame that we enjoy.

And Garchomp isn't uncounterable "in theory". He actually is without a counter, except a ridiculously physically defense Lugia.

PhantomSoul

The Phantasmal Lord
This is the third page of the discussion already wow. And seriously this is NOT against the rules? I did not know that.......

Rad3n

Banned
This is the third page of the discussion already wow. And seriously this is NOT against the rules? I did not know that.......

No... we're all going to get infracted.

PhantomSoul

The Phantasmal Lord
No... we're all going to get infracted.

Oh well lets hope I don't get banned. XD

Rad3n

Banned
We could call irresponsibility (No not you SapphireL; You kick but) for not locking this thread I guess... you know? Suck up to a super-duper mod and whine that no one closed the thread.

>_>
<_<

PhantomSoul

The Phantasmal Lord
We could call irresponsibility (No not you SapphireL; You kick but) for not locking this thread I guess... you know? Suck up to a super-duper mod and whine that no one closed the thread.

Your wisdom is beyond your years (Or something along those lines) Now which mod to choose from.....I know all of them!!!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
(slightly off topic) On the other hand, I don't agree with Deoxys-S going back to Ubers. Sure, it outsped everything, and made scarfers think twice, but it was Pursuit weak, and didn't have great offensive or defensive stats. It was pretty much destroyed by priority moves. I know people will flame me for this, but that's just my view.

As said before it was beastly at setting up, so killing it meant nothing as, by that time, your opponent already got Stealth Rock and Screens up, or 3 Layers of Spikes down with an incredible ease and from the word go, giving them a huge advantage.

It's offensive capabilities we're actually not as bad as everyone thinks really, and same with it's defense, more so with access to Recover and seeing as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak 3HKOs Deoxys with no HP/Def investment.

pkmnhippy

Banned
Your wisdom is beyond your years (Or something along those lines) Now which mod to choose from.....I know all of them!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, doesn't the white tick in a blue square means it's approved?

If it is, which Mod got so pissed that they approved such a thread?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
It's not. If Aerodactyl falls into disuse, it will go to UU. If Dragonite does, it goes to BL. Why? Because someone at Smogon will have made a decision to do so based on whatever (base stats, movepool, blahblahblah). BL and 00bers are ban-tiers based on something subjective, not the base objectivity of how much it's used.

It's determined by both, I never said BL is exclusively based off usage, but partly, since pokes who are OU are dumped into BL because of their low usage, and some weaker things that were never that good in OU to begin with are put their because they can't go to UU because they're too powerful.

Aerodactly isn't going back UU especially since it had a trail run in UU and was found to be to good, it'll just go to BL where it belongs if misusage were to happen again.

I agree with you when you say that maybe the tiers shouldn't be based on usage at all though (it wouldn't really change much, since you can still use everything in OU that isn't an 00ber, and that tier won't change at all if the way tiers are decided is changed).

Hopefully It'll reverse the snowball effect Smogon made on the UU metagame, and avoid the seemingly inevitable idea of the merger between BL and UU into one metagame.

PhantomSoul

The Phantasmal Lord
If it is, which Mod got so ****** that they approved such a thread?

The world may never know.....

PhantomSoul

The Phantasmal Lord
Garchomp is Uber, deal with it.

Agreed so now any bets or guesses how long the moderators will let this thread stay here?

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber
Very very nice. Maybe another page or two... who knows?

biccio

cerulean town
a lock -> bans to all member that spam in thread -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.