• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why was Goodra "Gliscor'd" if Ash never filled up all 6 slots?

As much praise as the series gets XY (Z) had issues and this was one major one. Maybe he was planned to get Zygarde. I hated how Goodra went from OP to Torterra level.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much praise as the series gets XY (Z) had issues and this was one major one. Maybe he was planned to get Zygarde. I hated how Goodra went from OP to Torterra level.

Even as silly as Numelgon's departure was to me, I personally didn't consider it to be the Kalos saga's most major flaw since Satoshi leaving Pokemon behind is something I've seen too often to be seriously upset by. As for the theory about Satoshi leaving Numelgon to capture Zygarde, I couldn't even fathom it. It's just kind of outlandish given that Satoshi doesn't capture Legendary Pokemon.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I was a bit sad that they went with the route of Ash letting go of Goodra after only a few dozen episodes.

0 Jordinio 0

Well, the anime has at times taken to more or less suggesting in the broad sense that Pokemon in the dragon-egg group grow faster when exposed to harsh conditions. That and Goomy is probably pretty hard to animate battles for. It was pushed to become Goodra quickly so it was easier to animate in my mind, then they realized Ash had a freaking Pseudo before he even got his 5th badge.

The combination of Pikachu, Ash-Greninja and Goodra outside the likes of battling Alain.....well they'd be hard pressed for Ash to lose, ever.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
the way i see it
the original plan was the writer think goodra is to powerfull and want replace it with noibat (which is a dragon to) and also give ash grass poke but because SM announce they only have 1 year to finish off the series they dont have time to developed another capture for ash that why they take goodra back (it's like "oh crap we dont have time to develop another capture , so lets take goodra back), so the point is Bad Writing cause there no such a thing goodra gonna overshadow another capture i believe ash wont use it in fairy gym and ice gym , and i believe ash would not use goodra either in olympia gym

Leonhart

Imagineer
My answer is that XY justtreated ashs pokemon poorly

I'm not sure that I agree with this assessment given that all of Satoshi's Kalos Pokemon received vast development. I didn't feel that any of them were mishandled, and although we saw Numelgon get left behind, in his case I can't really envision what more he could've done even if he had stayed on Satoshi's team longer.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Guys, PSUEDO is a fan term and doesn't exist in the anime/games. Goodra would have never overshadowed Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha, since if it was that OP, it didn't need a lot of battling in the first place to remain strong. But Goodra was arguably his weakest mon at the league.

Well not quite. While gamefreak doesn't call them "psuedo legendaries", gamefreak has made a conscious effort to include at least 1 (2 in Gen 3) 3rd stage Pokémon with a BST of 600 (which usually only legendaries would have) so yes they are aware of this "class" of Pokémon. Of course the "aura" of psuedos has been greatly diminished in the anime and they certainly haven't gotten the "legendary-esque" treatment after the first few seasons.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
the way i see it
the original plan was the writer think goodra is to powerfull and want replace it with noibat (which is a dragon to) and also give ash grass poke but because SM announce they only have 1 year to finish off the series they dont have time to developed another capture for ash that why they take goodra back (it's like "oh crap we dont have time to develop another capture , so lets take goodra back), so the point is Bad Writing cause there no such a thing goodra gonna overshadow another capture i believe ash wont use it in fairy gym and ice gym , and i believe ash would not use goodra either in olympia gym

I dont think so because if they truly didn't know when SM was coming and had to rush, we would have had multiple gym battles in XY's final year to compensate for a slow pace in the early part of XY. However, we had exactly the opposite. They were ready for XY to end well in advance. So far in advance in fact that we had to have a Snowpoint-Sunyshore style long gap between Anistar and Snowbelle.