• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why was the name of the fifth generation region changed in translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
They probably wanted something that invoked the same feeling as "Isshu" since Isshu means "one variety" in Japanese. According to Bulbapedia, Unova comes from one in Spanish (uno) and new (nova) and United States of America. So, perhaps it was changed in the localization of the games since it's... you know an American region, I suppose?

I don't think it has that deep of a meaning behind the change. I honestly prefer the name Unova to Isshu, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.