• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why wasn't there a sinnoh battle frontier

sheld999

like we see in DP ash battled the Tower Tycoon Palmer one of the brains in the battle frontier

will they make this a season or is it too late for ash to do this or the writers forgotten about it

Soniman

Break the Limit
to much time on bland filler. I have no doubt that a battle frontier would have been the next step had Sinnoh gone on for a bit longer, since they refrenced it and Palmer made a cameo

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe one day if we ever get Sinnoh remakes and the BF is back.
So probably not likely for some time.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I always thought they just didn't feel the need to, since they had a Frontier arc already.

Besides. Caitlin was coming up in the next Gen, and this show doesn't do Time-Skips :p

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was too late and DP had slow pacing, so most of its plots were still under development around the time hgss came out.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think by defeating the Kanto Battle Frontier (i.e., the 7 Frontier Brains from the Emerald games), and becoming a Frontier Brain candidate himself, the writers felt that it would be worthless for Ash to challenge another Battle Frontier again, even though the Frontier Brains would have been different.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I always thought they just didn't feel the need to, since they had a Frontier arc already.

Besides. Caitlin was coming up in the next Gen, and this show doesn't do Time-Skips :p

Exactly. Even if they did, they wouldn't be able to explain Caitlin's older appearance in BW. Although they could only show Darach and state that Caitlin just left the Battle Castle at his care for whatever reason.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Because BW was on the horizon so they had to rush the league. Like the BW games and the BW anime needed to launch at the same time, and DP was getting long, so that resulted in DP's league being short, and Tobias being created so they wouldn't have to write a battle that isn't all DEM.

I don't think that's the case, because unlike us fans the writers for the show would have known about the BW games months before we knew about the new Gen (which would amount to almost more than a 1 and half years worth of time in total).

Them knowing it early is also necessary because unless they know about it before hand, they won't be able to plan out how the series would go, like who would be Ash's new companion for the new saga or what would be the base plot for series, etc.

There is also the fact that on average they make episodes 3 months in advance (that's what i heard during the time of DP Saga). Which means the planning process for an episode would most likely start a few months before that (i would take a guess and say that it would take around a one months time for them to make an episode, taking all points into account i.e., from the conception of the idea for an episode to writing the story and then animating it).

So, i don't think they rushed the DP Saga in anyway especially considering the gap we had between Ash's 7th Gym battle and his 8th Gym battle.

Instead i would say that the long gap that was there was because they wanted to fill in some episodes so that they could match the dates and start the new series on time.

MattySadler

I guess time constraints but I don't know what went on for definite. I'd have loved Ash to have gone to Johto for that Battle Frontier though, similarly to how he went to Kanto for the first one. He could've set a few of the wrongs with his Johto team right (Meganium, Typhlosion, Croconaw, etc).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think by defeating the Kanto Battle Frontier (i.e., the 7 Frontier Brains from the Emerald games), and becoming a Frontier Brain candidate himself, the writers felt that it would be worthless for Ash to challenge another Battle Frontier again, even though the Frontier Brains would have been different.

I think you've nailed it here.. They already established that Ash was on par with the Brains if he uses his reserves, especially since he was asked to become one..

Because BW was on the horizon so they had to rush the league. Like the BW games and the BW anime needed to launch at the same time, and DP was getting long, so that resulted in DP's league being short, and Tobias being created so they wouldn't have to write a battle that isn't all DEM.

They weren't rushing the league, they just needed to end the story of Ash vs. Paul and they did that with three episodes. Please remember that all of DP (except Dawn's plot, obviously) was about Ash vs. Paul, once that battle-arc ended the DP-story arc was effectively over... There was no need to stretch out the league any further and there certainly was no DEM, if anything then Sceptile beating Darkrai was DEM..

Umm...they plan episodes 6 months in advance, not 3.

Actually, it is a fair bit more.. You're correct in that a single episodes take 6 months to produce, but I think it's fair to say that they plan the lay-out of the series a bit more ahead of production.. They look at the games when these are still in development, estimate gaps to fill with how many episodes, decide on when to debut certain characters where, etc..

That all goes into production/planning before the actual development of an episode starts.

I guess time constraints but I don't know what went on for definite. I'd have loved Ash to have gone to Johto for that Battle Frontier though, similarly to how he went to Kanto for the first one. He could've set a few of the wrongs with his Johto team right (Meganium, Typhlosion, Croconaw, etc).

Time constraints had very little to do with it, I'd guess..