• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why won't Journey's let Ash and Chloe have actual interactions?

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't understand, did XY freak the staff out about having Ash interact with other girls? Ash x Chloe don't have one scene alone together.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Because Koharu is Goh's friend. Ash is the third wheel in their relationship apparently.

NPT

Just a member
I don't understand, did XY freak the staff out about having Ash interact with other girls?

I don't think that's the case since Ash had plenty of interactions with the SM girls, as well as some interactions with returning characters such as Korrina.

Ash x Chloe don't have one scene alone together.

Maybe it's because they keep sidelining Ash outside of his focus episodes in the current series.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't think that's the case since Ash had plenty of interactions with the SM girls, as well as some interaction with returning characters such as Korrina.

Maybe that's because of how much they sideline Ash outside of his focus episodes in the current series.
Oh right, I hardly watched Sun and Moon so that slipped my mind.

So true what you say about Ash, I feel like he's D/P Brock of this series. Remember how people complained about the lack of interactions between Dawn and Brock? Meh At least they had scenes alone, this is ten times worse. He'll in the beginning I thought Chloe hated Ash, it seemed like she gave him the cold shoulder.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Have Goh and Chloe even had any interactions outside of the Pikachu retcon episode and those other 2 where they talked for about 20 seconds?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To start things off, I highly doubt XY or Serena have anything to do with it.

What I've felt is that the show seems very deadset on having the majority of Ash's interaction be with Goh, unless it's a battle episode.

*something something* complains about Ash barely intaracting with Dawn during the Dissapointment two-parter*

UnovaMaster

This constant question is indeed hilarious when you think about how casually or rarely Goh and Chloe interact

Who is Chloe if not another medal for Ash to carry around on his ego, that's what girls are, right?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
This constant question is indeed hilarious when you think about how casually or rarely Goh and Chloe interact

Who is Chloe if not another medal for Ash to carry around on his ego, that's what girls are, right?
i would say “sexism” but that’s anime logic for ya

Leonhart

Imagineer
Presumably they're trying something new by keeping the main dynamic between Satoshi and Gou [and occasionally the Rocket-dan] while leaving Koharu and every other supporting character in the sidelines. I don't think it's working as they intended however since the focus on Gou seems to be getting on peoples' nerves, and the occasional focus on Satoshi isn't intriguing enough to keep my interest, either.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I don’t think chloe even interacts that much with goh? Which is kinda weird when she was apparently his only friend until recently.

They seem to want to handle chloe completely seperately? Since virtually everytime the focus is on her the boys must be separated from her and not do much while chloe does her own thing. I think the diglet episode was the only one where they actually acted like a trio?

Rather than a third wheel, she feels more like a separate unicycle coincidentally going the same general direction.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don’t think chloe even interacts that much with goh? Which is kinda weird when she was apparently his only friend until recently.

They seem to want to handle chloe completely seperately? Since virtually everytime the focus is on her the boys must be separated from her and not do much while chloe does her own thing. I think the diglet episode was the only one where they actually acted like a trio?

Rather than a third wheel, she feels more like a separate unicycle coincidentally going the same general direction.
I'm glad that she's independent, but if the writers were going to treat her more as an individual than as part of the group, then they may as well have just made the series focus on her. At this point I think I'd rather watch a series where Koharu explores the world rather than a series about Gou seeking Mew or Satoshi heading to the World Championships.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I'm glad that she's independent, but if the writers were going to treat her more as an individual than as part of the group, then they may as well have just made the series focus on her. At this point I think I'd rather watch a series where Koharu explores the world rather than a series about Gou seeking Mew or Satoshi heading to the World Championships.
Yeah i dunno, the way they’re handling it just feels really awkward. Though that’s just everything in this series i guess.

Like you said, if they want to handle her independently, it would probably better for her to have her own series like alain did in xy with his specials. Considering they’re mostly bringing her in when it’s focusing on her exclusively anyways, having the boys be there just to be there feels pretty pointless.

Pokemonfan5

Interaction between characters is something JN is mostly terrible at, forget about Chloe and Ash interaction there is barely any interaction between Ash's JN team who is living under the same roof.

Animac

Chloe doesn't interact with anyone. Its kinda sad, because if her character bio didn't specify that she is goh's friend since childhood, you would think that she only stays in the group because of her father being the professor of the lab both goh and Ash work in.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I rather her to have interactions with Goh or the Pokegirls like Dawn. I've seen enough of the shipping wars that involve Ash with the past Pokegirls so I surely don't want her to be dragged into these.

BlueDragonfangirl

I rather her to have interactions with Goh or the Pokegirls like Dawn. I've seen enough of the shipping wars that involve Ash with the past Pokegirls so I surely don't want her to be dragged into these.
She doesn't even interact with Go though. I just find it strange is all, I don't understand what they are doing with this.