• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why wouldn't Pokemon Adventures make a good animated series?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
They'd work better as OVAs/Movies or mini-series/specials

One problem is that it uses game mechanics that don't translate well into animation (and the TV Show doesn't use). Another problem is that it takes risks the animation division doesn't even want to THINK about taking...

Izanagi

'Sup!
One problem is that it uses game mechanics that don't translate well into animation (and the TV Show doesn't use). Another problem is that it takes risks the animation division doesn't even want to THINK about taking...

That's that really a problem since Pokemon anime did took a lot from the games that look silly with you put into animation. A few of them they dropped but even still.

The fact of the matter is, a PokeSpe anime now would be redundant. The is literally very little reason for especially since the anime is still doing well. I doubt we will ever see one in our lifetime anyways.
I could see being a special or OVA however.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I think Pokemon Adventures would make a great animated series, tbh. I've been a fan of it now for several years and I have always wondered how it would work if it were to be translated into an anime.

The only problem is I can't see it happening. If they were going to turn it into an anime, they would have already done it by now. After all, it's been several years since the first volume came out. It would have been the perfect opportunity to turn PokeSpe into an anime. Plus, they've had so many other perfect times since then.

So yeah, PokeSpe would have made a great anime but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Actually the majority of the anime I've seen are a great disappoint for their manga. So I'm happy with how things are at the moment, also the company who publishes Special needs to give permission and the budget for the animation company to make the anime. Also anime adaptation are mostly made to promote their manga and as others have stated; Special is merely just merchandise to promote the games and since we already have a (crappy) anime that does the game promoting, I doubt we'll see a Special anime.

Luthor

I think that given how much they want to cover to catch up it'd probably be somewhat rushed in terms of story. They'd also have to wrork around the gen 1 limitations. (not impossible but a challenge)

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Jojo seems to be doing just fine with having a steady adaptation, even if the first arc adapted 40 chapters into nine episodes...

Only real problem is that GSC, RS, DP, BW, and presumably XY would have to take two twenty+ episode seasons to fully adapt everything.

ExtremeHoenn

I think the whole manga is better than the anime because unlike the anime where companions come and go, in the manga the stories intertwine and characters keep coming back.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Jojo seems to be doing just fine with having a steady adaptation, even if the first arc adapted 40 chapters into nine episodes...

Only real problem is that GSC, RS, DP, BW, and presumably XY would have to take two twenty+ episode seasons to fully adapt everything.
'

While I would say that unlikely for PokeSpe adapatation to occur. You reminded of such shows as Parasyte and Jojos which are adaptations whose source materials are years old. I am totally not ruling out the possibility of like an OVA or TV special. Never say never I say.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Turning a comic straight into an animated series usually never works. Just ask Yu-Gi-Oh. A lot of their anime were based on their manga but never followed it directly

Yes but the arcs taken from the manga had the tightest plots and best characters. Look at the Dragonball fillers and compare them to the canon stuff, look at RAVE Master and Shaman King which changed way too much on the manga and how terrible they were. If they stuck to the pokemon adventures as closely as they could (probably censoring some more violent stuff like arbok being cut in half and some fanservicey scenes) then it would be really worth watching compared to the main anime.

I think Pokemon Adventures would be a much better anime in terms of plot, character development, dialogue, and is truer to the games, but as the plot is a bit more complex it can't exist as a simple, formulaic advert for the games and merchandise as well as the anime does, it won't fulfill the anime's actual purpose as well even if its more entertaining.

Last edited:

ej02

Australia Amourship
Maybe the reason it might no be good idea to do a manga show is it is way too grafic for a kid show like arbok getting sliced or dat romance or heaps of deatg and stuff

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Maybe the reason it might no be good idea to do a manga show is it is way too grafic for a kid show like arbok getting sliced or dat romance or heaps of deatg and stuff

If Arbok getting sliced is too much, then they can just censor it. Simple as that.

Romance? Lots of kids show have romance elements. Heck, even the anime has it.

And deatg? You mean death? Again, death isn't something unknown to children shows. Especially not ones aired in Japan. And heaps? When was the last time someone died oscreen in Pokespe?

Red and Blue

I imagine if Pokespecial were to become animated, there would have to be a lot of changes for certain things.

For example, they would probably have to remove Green's Porygon, due to the massive seizure incident.

LizardonX

Banned
It would.

Pikachu plush sales might dip a bit though.

Some of the characters would come off as mary sueish due to their ridiculous natural talent and inability to lose more than once a season which could turn people off.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
It would.

Pikachu plush sales might dip a bit though.

Some of the characters would come off as mary sueish due to their ridiculous natural talent and inability to lose more than once a season which could turn people off.

Considering how Ash has yet to win a major League despite numerous tries, I don't think that having characters that win a lot to almost all the time would be that big of a turn off. It may just be what the animé needs right now.

mia197

I think it would be a good idea, as there are pokemon fans of various age groups, and most, like me, who accompanied the anime boom of the 90s are now around 20 or 30 years. Therefore, the anime is still focused on children, so does not appeal as much as before. The problem is that it is also the only way to see the battles in a dynamic way.

The anime has already defined its public. And probably, if the TV adaptation was made nowadays, it would not make the same success the past decade. So the animation of the manga should be directed to game and manga fans, a more adult audience.

You know, sometimes it's very annoying to say that I like and play Pokemon because people always relate to the tv show, and I get a little upset to explain that Pokemon is originally a game, and not related to the journey of Ash and his Pikachu.

e9310103838

I think it would be a good idea, as there are pokemon fans of various age groups, and most, like me, who accompanied the anime boom of the 90s are now around 20 or 30 years. Therefore, the anime is still focused on children, so does not appeal as much as before. The problem is that it is also the only way to see the battles in a dynamic way.

The anime has already defined its public. And probably, if the TV adaptation was made nowadays, it would not make the same success the past decade. So the animation of the manga should be directed to game and manga fans, a more adult audience.

You know, sometimes it's very annoying to say that I like and play Pokemon because people always relate to the tv show, and I get a little upset to explain that Pokemon is originally a game, and not related to the journey of Ash and his Pikachu.

Yea, this even makes Ash more well-known than Red and other protagonists (the games and Adventures).

Sometimes this is a little bit irritating, although I don't reject the Ash anime. ;153;

MattySadler

I imagine if Pokespecial were to become animated, there would have to be a lot of changes for certain things.

For example, they would probably have to remove Green's Porygon, due to the massive seizure incident.

If they had made Pokemon Adventures the anime series, there would never have been a seizure incident.