• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why wouldn't Pokemon Adventures make a good animated series?

Red and Blue

If they had made Pokemon Adventures the anime series, there would never have been a seizure incident.

True, Green never went into cyberspace to get his Porygon. But unfortunately this was the case for the anime. They would probably just replace it with another pokemon in Pokespecial were to be adapted.

I always found the result of banning Porygon and its evolutions from the anime to be totally unfair, since the Pokémon itself wasn`t responsible for the seizures.

Really, what do you base this on.

Honestly I hope it true then they could replace it with a more action anime.

Ratings in the current season (XY) are worse than in other seasons, plus new phenomenon in Japan called YW
pokemon merchandise has low sales

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If they had made Pokemon Adventures the anime series, there would never have been a seizure incident.

You don't know that.

Anything is possible. They could have easily done a flashing red and blue explosion in some episode.

cknori95

I don't have any idea whether if the pokemon company wants to make pokespe anime, but what I do know is that pokespe fanime exists. I have seen fans trying hard to make a fanime of it. At least I have seen them making episode openings and endings. They also have a lot of blogs which I actually often visit these days.

Considering how Ash has yet to win a major League despite numerous tries, I don't think that having characters that win a lot to almost all the time would be that big of a turn off. It may just be what the animé needs right now.
Emphasis on 'major league', lol. I don't consider the Orange Island League to be a league at all. It was a complete joke. Only having to get FOUR badges? Seriously? Even when I was a kid, I thought that was pathetic. I pretend the Orange Islands never happened.

Now, as for my opinion on whether Adventures should get its own anime, yes, I would LOVE to see one, but it's just not going to happen. There's already a long-running anime, and as a lot of people have said, a second anime would be redundant. Pokemon will always be a 'children's show', there's no way around it. In order to get our more 'adult' taste of what we want, we'll just have to rely on the manga itself, sadly. I'll keep hoping for a day when a new, more serious anime comes out, though. Origins proved that they CAN do a more grittier take on the series, however, so maybe there is hope.

MattySadler

You don't know that.

Anything is possible. They could have easily done a flashing red and blue explosion in some episode.

If you say so lol... My point was that Porygon wouldn't be banned.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Wow this topic never dies off doesn't it?

PokeSpecial anime... it's a gamble. Most anime I've seen suck horribly compared to their manga and only a few animation companies do a good job. Also due to the irregular length of each arc there is a possibility that some arcs will be mostly fillers (Especially the short arcs) Or the longer arcs will be all thrown in a few episodes, lots of scenes and important dialogues will be missing so it can have an equal length with the shorter arcs. Another note is that Pokémon special, is in case of main characters very different compared to your regular manga, where there's only 1 or a small group of main characters. I think it would consume a lot of time each season. The idea of seeing my fav characters move on screen and talk sounds appealing, but I don't really need a Special anime. I'm happy the way it is.

Nevans

If they did make a pokemon anime they would have to change the plot for some of the arcs. In the Yellow chapter they would need to change to villans some what with the Elite Four appearing in every other region. Also for the chapter about Gold and silver they need a diffent stroy line than the Mask of Ice he was my least farvert villian of all pokemon. And who knows they could add Primal Groudon and Kuogre to the anime as well.

Another thing they could do is add the pokemon types of Dark, Steel, and Fairy to the anime and even mega evolution.

lolipiece

Staff member
If they did make a pokemon anime they would have to change the plot for some of the arcs.

Why?

In the Yellow chapter they would need to change to villans some what with the Elite Four appearing in every other region.

Despite the fact that there's an in-story reason for why the later Elite Four exist as official teams?

Also for the chapter about Gold and silver they need a diffent stroy line than the Mask of Ice he was my least farvert villian of all pokemon.

That's a pretty selfish and unfair reason for removing him.

And who knows they could add Primal Groudon and Kuogre to the anime as well.

Considering ORAS implies we'll be seeing them in that chapter, that would be redundant.

Another thing they could do is add the pokemon types of Dark, Steel, and Fairy to the anime and even mega evolution.

Again, why? It's not like earlier stories not having those types would miss out.

And three of those concepts would cause problems of they were around early.

Nevans

Why?

Despite the fact that there's an in-story reason for why the later Elite Four exist as official teams?

That's a pretty selfish and unfair reason for removing him.

Considering ORAS implies we'll be seeing them in that chapter, that would be redundant.

Again, why? It's not like earlier stories not having those types would miss out.

And three of those concepts would cause problems of they were around early.

I am not know of any story of why Hoenn or Unove has an Elite Four, what chapter of which arc was this.

A lot of other people don't like him either. The end goal was very confusing consideing what he did to archive it. Also it really didn't fit the games that well.

I thought the Omega and Alpha chapter has to due with Mega Rayquaza but its only had 2 chapter and I can't read Japanese.

Well they do need to add a bit of original content for more episodes so it would be a good opportunity.

mia197

I am not know of any story of why Hoenn or Unove has an Elite Four, what chapter of which arc was this.

A lot of other people don't like him either. The end goal was very confusing consideing what he did to archive it. Also it really didn't fit the games that well.

I thought the Omega and Alpha chapter has to due with Mega Rayquaza but its only had 2 chapter and I can't read Japanese.

Well they do need to add a bit of original content for more episodes so it would be a good opportunity.

Although I'm not a big fan of the masked man, I do not think there is need to cut him off. Perhaps e take a little more freedom towards his motives. Although the best way out would be to put him as basically insane.

That said, let's remember that the manga is an adaptation of the game and not a transcription of it. There are a lot of things that dont fit the games, like characters that did not originally exist, drastic changes of personalities and roles, the dialogues are completely different, and so on. Following your logic, we have to cut Yellow and Emerald, and rewrite the whole manga. So for this angle, it would be better to create a new anime, that woudnt based on pokemon special.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The Pokemon Adventures storyline is quite diverse and for the most part does not always involve the main character aiming to win at the Pokemon League (not going mention anything however as it is big spoiler material for those who has not read the manga). The only issue is that some of the scenes can be a bit violent which could as a big shock to anyone used to the "kid friendly" nature of the current anime with the only violent scenes limited to Ash's and his friends interactions with Pokemon Hunter J in the DP series (there may be a few I missed however).

lolipiece

Staff member
Violence can easily be censored. It happens all the time in manga that are even more violent than Pokespe.

Cut an Arbok in half? Simple! Either reduce the violence, keep it offscreen, or change the scene entirely. Done and done.

And the anime has shown more violent battles lots of times. Usually for drama. A more recent example is Korrina's first usage of Mega Lucario against Ash's Pikachu. Brutal.

Red and Blue

I disagree. I didn't think that Korrina's Lucario going berserk was all the violent or brutal. Nothing compared to a man's corpse being set on fire. Or an Aerodactyl getting its wings pierced. Or more recently, a girl being brainwashed and attacking someone with a sword.

lolipiece

Staff member
They cant find proper voice actors and actresses for the characters, I think

There are dozens upon dozens of talented voice actors in Japan.

Why would that ever be an issue?