• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why? Wynaut! (257)

Another (I'm assuming) dub error in this episode:
Ash mentions the glacier badge twice.

That whole Wobuffett/Wynaut scene was pure genius! :)

Weird how in the title screen for this episode it's shown as "Why? Why not?" when it should have been "Why? Wynaut?".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Ash and friends sitting down and relaxing with Clair was great, and Team Rocket conning Ash out of his eight Johto badges as fake reporters was neat; Ash is so gullible. I literally screamed when Team Rocket mistook Wobbuffet's drawing of Wynaut for a Wooper. Seeing Brock cry as he and the others said goodbye to Clair made me cackle as well.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A decent episode.The Wynaut debut was cute.Also,I liked Ash's flashbacks of his Johto Gym battles.Clair saving him was cool,but Dragonair flying still looked out of place.
6/10

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This was an alright episode, Wynaut debut was nice. I liked it the best when it was together with Wobbuffet.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Team rocket mistaking Wynaut's drawing for a Wooper was funny and I liked seeing Ash lose his gym badges temporarily cuz it gave us a chance to get Johto gym flashbacks. ^^

Gillachu

Banned
Man I thought Wynaut was annoying when it conversed with Wobbuffet but I liked that Clair told Ash about the Silver Conference.

JudySpell

Banned
Wynaut showing up in Johto was likely a Ruby & Sapphire tease but other than Ash losing his badges nothing else really happened. 6/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was odd to see a Wynaut in Johto. Wynaut stealing the case of Ash's Gym Badges and fruits from TR and then being mistaken for a Wooper was cute.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked Team Rocket in this episode. I liked the outfit that they made Ash wear when he thought he was being interviewed. I laughed when Wobbuffet and Wynaut met. I thought that was a very funny scene. I also laughed at how good of an artist Wobbuffet was when it drew a picture of Wynaut in the dirt, but this episode just felt kind of too filler to me. I'll give them credit for introducing Wynaut early though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was humorous how the Rocket-dan mistook Sonansu's Sohnano drawing for an Upah, although it helped reinforce the fact that Sohnano was rare and generally not seen often in Jouto. Frankly I liked the Rocket-dan's crazy stunts here much more than I liked Satoshi's lost badge story, which felt really repetitive.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I loved seeing Wynaut in this episode even though it felt random to see a Hoenn Pokemon in Johto. I also liked when we saw Ash's Gym flashback montage.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Thinking back to how Sohnano was handled here, it seemed to lack fanfare since Sohnano was treated like a gag character instead of an important new Pokemon. Not to mention that the stolen Gym Badge plot was more focused on here, while Sohnano was mainly shown in the Rocket-dan's comedic subplot.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I like eps like this where next gen mons are shown

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
I like eps like this where next gen mons are shown

So do I, when they're done well at least. This one wasn't so bad, although I do question why Sohnano was chosen as the "sneak peek" Pokemon of Gen III over other candidates.

Wynaut is such a cute little blue blob and speaking of blue blobs, I liked seeing Jessie's Wobbuffet freak out when the Wynaut started stealing food and how nobody realized who the thief was until later on. Jessie thinking that the thief was a Wooper was really funny and I think that in terms of a Gen 3 sneak peek, this episode was written really well without seeming like a marketing ploy.

Wynaut and Wobbuffet talking was so cute! Noctowl and Bayleef waving to Wynaut was sweet too. Too bad Ash never saw it.