• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WI-FI DS help.

Alzi

Toon link
This might look like another one of those ds help things but it's been bothering me since i got my DSlite.

Ok well everytime i search for an acces point with it it comes up with the following message:

"The acces point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help visit www.nintendowifi.com"

I've been on the website but i still can't find the problem.

I'm using a BigPond adsl wireless modem and the brand is 2Wire. Also i have the information card it has the SSID on it and the WPA for it aswell but i'm putting them in the ds and it still can't find the acces point.

I also have a Wireless USB Adapter but i don't know if that will work and it's brand it NETGEAR.

Any help would be nice and thanks if you can.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
"The acces point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help visit www.nintendowifi.com"

^That means that the DS won't work with that router's security settings. So your choices are to either change the router's security to WEP, use a differant version of WPA or buy a differant router. There are some things writen about it here.

Alzi

Toon link
Ok if i do change my Routers security to WEP would my wii still connect to it as it did normally and would it effect my computer in anyway?

Edit: I've been to the settings and it has:

WEP-Open

WEP-Shared

What one should i set it too if i wanted the wi fi on my ds. Sorry if i'm asking too much questions.

Last edited: