• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wi-fi's Future?

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Based on what's going on with Wi-fi now, with all of these kids using ubers to get wins in, what do you think is going to happen when Darkrai and Arceus are introduced to Wi-fi? (Shaymin, of course, isn't such a large threat as these two, but it could cause trouble here and there.) Besides, what if someone uses the cloning glitch until they have a team full of Arceus' and Darkrais?
My point is, how do you think the release of the new ubers onto Wi-fi will affect the entire wireless battling system? I fear we might have quite a bit of trouble with the coming of the Fourth Generation event legends.

I just hope there's a limitation or something placed soon...

Rabbid Soup

N-A-C-H-O-Z, NACHOZ!
Shaymin shouldn't be too much of a problem, and since most ppl who use Darkrai are probably going to be little kids who have no idea about EV training, my Infernape should be able to outspeed most of them and one-shot them with Close Combat (already did it with this guy I fought on ds-play.com). Arceus is going to be a problem though.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
*cringes at the thought* Starmie and Rotom are weak to Dark-types! I'll get beaten up and tossed aside then.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Meh, amazingly, I'm not worried. I took down an Arceus with a Lixray. It was easy. Most people dont know how to raise legendaries or Ubers. So in battle, they should be easy to take down.

Vampire Slayer

Don't worry bout it now! Just chill for a sec and relax :cool: Don't think to hard or ask too many questions because that gives people big headaches. Trust me I've been there. Just wait and see what happens.

Shiny Ho-Oh

If its a double battle and they had Darkrai and used Dark Void. Then your screwed. Nightmare + ABility = Easy KO.

Shaymin would be easy to take down.

Arceus is a big problem though.

Yonowarru

Roaring Flames!
I may get Darkrai and Arceus(and Shaymin). I would probably use them in Colosseum Battles. I would also like to see how they would do against actual trainers.

pyreshade

i definitly think nintendo should make rules with no pokemon you get only get once per game besides rotom

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Yes, a "No Legendary" option would really help out Wi-fi...

That is what I have been thinking as well, or they could do it Battle Tower style. Now there is a good one. If this happens in the future, that is what I pray for...

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
^^ True. I believe everyone can expect more pokemon like Banette, with Insomnia.

Darkrai resists Banette's STAB, and Banette is weak to Darkrai's STAB. So... no.

To sum it up, Wi-fi will be ruined when Darkrai and Arceus are released. All 6 of your Pokemon better be packing Chesto berry, and Arceus is uncounterable so don't even bother trying to build your team around beating Arceus. Just hit it hard and hope you don't lose (you will).

...Granted that the person using said Pokes are any good at the game. Most uber users are dumb kids, but in the hands of a skilled user, Darkrai in particular is extremely broken and cheap.

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
No not really. I just prefer a whole diffrent metagame than everyone else. People prefer the UU Metagame.

The term "metagame" is totally hilarious to me. I don't know what it is, but everytime I read someone type it, I both cringe and laugh a little. <_< Remind me to kick whoever coined such a term in the *** if I ever happen to come across them.