• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wich character of Super Smash Bros. Melee do you dislike?

Z_N-Freak

I <3 Samus Aran
I hate Luigi. Whenever its clone vs. clone, my friend always says "oh you're playing as ganondorf Ganondorfs a clone" and I always tell him so is Luigi. He says its not, cause he has 1 diferent move. 1 DIFFERENT MOVE!

I hate Ness. Hes ugly and overated.

actually, Luigi is so different from mario you can't call them clones anymore >_>

Dr. Mario and Mario are maybe clones, there are still many diffrences, but they are far more cloney then Mario and Luigi.

Also Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are not the same.
Big diffrences:

CF has "the knee" (ganondorf doesn't)
The "warlock kick" sends people down when used in the air (CF's Falcon Kick doesn't)
Ganondorf is way slower then CF
The recovery moce of Ganondorf hurts people around him to when he grabs an opponent (CF doesn't)

and this kind of diffrences excist with every "clone couple" you'll name ;)

Walking Contradiction

Feed Us a Fetus
Jigglypuff and Pichu for being so annoying, Fox for being like Falco but worse (at least if I use him) and Ice Climbers because of their annoying voices, moves, controls and other generic annoyance.

Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Falcon, because they're all clones, and Captain Falcon, because he's a freak that didn't deserve to be included in the first SSB.

I hate Sandbag. Sandbag is a total wimp. I mean, he just stands there and just TAKES every single blow that comes to him. What a ****ing tool. Everybody knows Sandbag could easily kick everyone's ass if he just got his ULTIMATE SANDBAG PILE DRIVE into gear.

I liked Sandbag. :(

actually, Luigi is so different from mario you can't call them clones anymore >_>

Actually, Luigi is pretty much a Mario clone. They have incredibly similar movesets, so he's a clone. But he's really the only clone that's (almost) universaly accepted, since he's half of the original Mario brothers.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Falco
(Yoshi rulez)

Mr. Game and Watch. It used to be Ness, him, and Captain Falcon, but I've grown to quite appreciate Ness, and I've warmed up a bit toward Captain Falcon. Mr. Game and Watch, though, remains an irritating character.

Z_N-Freak

I <3 Samus Aran
Actually, Luigi is pretty much a Mario clone. They have incredibly similar movesets, so he's a clone. But he's really the only clone that's (almost) universaly accepted, since he's half of the original Mario brothers.

*lists everyhting that is difffrent*

Mayor diffrences in stats etc.:

- Falling speed: Mario falls much faster the Luigi
- Weight: Mario is heavier then Luigi and so he survives longer
- WaveDash: Luigi's wavedash is the best in the game, Mario's wavedash is nice
- Luigi jumps higher the Mario
- Mario can wall jump, Luigi cannot

Mayor diffrences in Attacks:
- Side B is a Cape when playing Mario and you become a rocket like thing when playing as Luigi
- The Fire Balls of Mario fall down steadily, Luigi's go horizanticly
- The Down Air of Luigi is one strong blow (which can be a Meteor attack! ) while Mario's Down air is a spree of severel tiny hits capturing the foe in it, so they cannot escape the attack
- Forward Air of Luigi is a Bi@tch slap ^_~" and Mario's is a much slower attack which can result in a meteor.
- Down B (Tornado) of Luigi deliveres 2 blows max, Mario's Tornado traps the foe in its spin and pops them out with a final slightly stronger blow. Also the recovert trick with both attacks are different. Luigi's Down B has to be charged before you can rise with it and Mario's is just ramming the B button ^_~"
- The Up B of Luigi goes Higher, though Mario goes further as he goes diognally
- The Taunt of Luigi can do damage, Mario's cannot

Also, all the attacks of both chars are different in strenght ans doing damage. I really think that these plumbers are clones. I also think that Dr. Mario and Mario aren't clones (I ain't making a list again like this one), but they come closer to being a clone then Mario & Luigi ^^

Another Weird thing, I CAN play with Dr. Mario, but I HATE playing with Mario ^_~" (that proves that there is a diffrence, cause if there weren't I would not mind playing with both of them =) )

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
Jigglypuff, Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game and Watch need to die =P

Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, and Young Link.

Ice Climbers - poor characters. Poor handling, poor speed, and very very weak.

Jigglypuff - does anybody use this guy?!? Well, I do. But only when I'm pausing the screen when it looks like something funny (for instance, Jigglypuff steps on a grinade and flies off while on fire and then I make her say, "Those enchiladas are so bad! They're SO bad!".).

Young Link - way too weak. Bad jumping skills, weak attacks, slow, and not very popular. Basically, no one uses this guy.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Marth.... MARTH!!!! DOES ANYBODY USE HIM AT ALL!?!?!?!! Roy's way better.

Marth is one of the most used characters, due to his speed, good recovery and his 'sweet spot' being at the end of his sword. He can also chain grab easily.
Roy is slower, and has horrible recovery. I do like Roy better though.

This topic is really a flame war in the making.. no offense.

As far as I see it, anyone who says a character sucks doesn't know how to use them. I have seen my friend destroy 3 other "seasoned" players with Pichu. You have to play to your characters strengths and weaknesses. Pichu is weak and light, yet he is very fast and has a more powerful forward smash than Pikachu.
So you have to play "keep away" and strike when the moment is right.
He isn't like Gannondorf or Mario who can get in to the action and get kills easily.

Mewtwo is too slow and very light but he doesn't suck either. You need to know how to use him. Same goes for Bowser. They aren't easy to master, but it is possible.

Personally I don't like Luigi and Mr.Game & Watch. Simply because I can't use them well. I also hate Luigi's Recovery move. I do like his OHKO move.. but it is hard to execute, I have an easier time with Jigg's rest.

If you still think a character sucks, go look for a guide on Game FAQS or a combo Video on Youtube. You'd be suprised.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Jigglypuff - does anybody use this guy?!?
I use Jiggly more than anybody else. Nobody ever wants to play against me, not because I win, but because I purposely make things as annoying as possible.
This topic is really a flame war in the making.. no offense.
I CALLED IT! First page.

Happens with every SSBM Character thread.

Pikalover

Ahh, true love ^_^
Ness, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo are all bad characters IMO. I've never liked Ness simply because I could never play good with him (he's hard to play), Dr. Mario is just like Mario (except that he uses pills instead of fireballs), and Mewtwo, well, I just never liked playing him (just like Ness IMO).

Mudkip3

I may be weird, but I never liked Roy. I thought we had enough swordsmen and when I unlocked Roy, it just seemed like "Oh great, one more guy trying to be the boy with the blade". Also, I thought Jigglypuff added a nice challenge to the game and Pichu was a cool just-for-fun character. Please don't flame me!

Rootbeer

I can't stand Fox. He's cheap when you play against him and he's terrible when you play as him.

Dr. Mario is the character I use the least. He's the one that I most don't want to see in Brawl.

Mr. G&W comes in second because I suck with him. Young Link comes next because he's too weak, and Marth comes in 4th because I use Roy instaed of him.

Pichu and Jigglypuff are my favorites. Why? Because they're fun to play with.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Come to think of it, I don't like any of the Pokemon in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm not very fond of Captain Falcon or Ness, either. Captain Falcon is fun to use, but I just don't care for him as a character. He's a bland, generic, six-packed superhero with one of the ugliest costumes I've ever seen, and my friend keeps trashing me with him, so I've developed a dislike for the guy. On the other hand, I quite like Ness as a character, but I hate him in battle.