• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wich pokémon do you hate the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3

Ytterbium70

DIE PEOPLE
I couldn't pick just one. If i had to, it would probably be Prinplup. Even though it's part of my favorite chain, it is beyond ugly

Colt45

Cobalt
I couldn't pick just one. If i had to, it would probably be Prinplup. Even though it's part of my favorite chain, it is beyond ugly

Speaking of middle-evoltutions of water starters I hate but but like the other two members, Marshtomp looks really ugly to me.

xDWarrior

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I agree with most folks on saying hate is being a bit overkill. However, I have two major dislikes to mention.

Jynx, without a doubt, tops my list. That thing will NEVER have the honor of gracing my team due to all the contraversy surrounding it. Yes, it includes skin tone; and being African-American it still rubs me the wrong way...at least they remade it purple; but to be honest its really beating a dead horse to resurrect that topic, isn't it?

Besides her, Klink's family takes the closest thing to what I personally consider blatantly poor design, and maximizes it. Sure we've had Eggs, sludge, and wind chimes, but at least Vanillite (another borderline dislike) had the distinction of being adorable.

To me, Klink's family has almost sub-zero redeeming qualities. What you see is exactly what you get from that thing; which I feel contradicts part, underscore PART, of what this franchise is all about: there being more than what meets the eye of otherwise cuddly partners. And unlike Exeggcute, it doesn't even have unique typing to make it more than what it's based on! Haha.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I absolutely HATE the Kami trio. They are poor designs and serve no purpose. I despise them.

Sure they serve a purpose. They're the Unova region's roaming/version-exclusive Legendary Pokémon in Black & White and an app-exclusive promotion for Black 2 & White 2, and they aren't virtually myth-less like Manaphy is; they do have a role in the region's history.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Sure they serve a purpose. They're the Unova region's roaming/version-exclusive Legendary Pokémon in Black & White and an app-exclusive promotion for Black 2 & White 2, and they aren't virtually myth-less like Manaphy is; they do have a role in the region's history.
They're basically ripoffs of the way cooler Weather Trio. Groudon represented land, Kyogre represented water or storms, Rayquaza represented the sky. Not only are they ripoffs in terms of purpose, they even have the same color scheme as the Weather Trio. Also, the designs really rub me the wrong way. The mustaches, the humanoid/Zeus-like appearances, and ridiculous looking tails. I cannot stand the Kami Trio. They may serve a purpose (one that has already been served) in Unova but the Kyogre-Groudon creation and feud was before the Kamis' time so I consider them ripoffs.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They're basically ripoffs of the way cooler Weather Trio. Groudon represented land, Kyogre represented water or storms, Rayquaza represented the sky. Not only are they ripoffs in terms of purpose, they even have the same color scheme as the Weather Trio. Also, the designs really rub me the wrong way. The mustaches, the humanoid/Zeus-like appearances, and ridiculous looking tails. I cannot stand the Kami Trio. They may serve a purpose (one that has already been served) in Unova but the Kyogre-Groudon creation and feud was before the Kamis' time so I consider them ripoffs.

In no ways are they rip offs lmao. Let's see:

Groudon brings SUN!
Kyogre brings WATER!
Rayquaza clears the SKIES!
Tornadus brings WIND!
Thundurus brings THUNDER!
Landorus is ABUNDANCE!

As you can see they are no ways related to each other in any aspect. Hoenns history differs drastically from Unova. As for colors so what? Most Pokemon share the same color scheme and they differ greatly. Color means nothing. Look at Zekrom, one could say he is Dark/Dragon because of his black color when actually he is Electric.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
They're basically ripoffs of the way cooler Weather Trio. Groudon represented land, Kyogre represented water or storms, Rayquaza represented the sky. Not only are they ripoffs in terms of purpose, they even have the same color scheme as the Weather Trio.

By that logic, Kyogre would be a rip-off of Lugia since Lugia is already the bringer of storms. Just because their role in mythology is duplicated doesn't mean that they're a rip-off; it just means that different regions have their own myths that ascribe similar phenomena to their own native entities.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Groudon brings SUN!
Kyogre brings WATER!
Tornadus brings WIND!
Landorus is ABUNDANCE!

As you can see they are no ways related to each other in any aspect. Hoenns history differs drastically from Unova. As for colors so what? Most Pokemon share the same color scheme and they differ greatly. Color means nothing. Look at Zekrom, one could say he is Dark/Dragon because of his black color when actually he is Electric.
What you said about colors was not even remotely what I meant. Two legendary trios representing similar purposes are the exact same color scheme as their other generation counterparts. The two sky legendaries are green, the two storm legendaries are blue, and the two ground legendaries are red. Same color scheme. They even have the same main types of Flying, Water, and Ground.

How could you even say that LANDorus, a GROUND type, does not represent the earth? Groudon brings sunlight to dry up the water to make the earth dry so the ground will dominate, Kyogre brings storms to flood the earth. Rayquaza clears the skies with wind. The Kami Trio possesses the same abilities. They may not use them in the exact same manner, but they certainly weren't necessary. Three trios in a generation is overkill. The other two were fairly original in terms of purpose and design. They should have left the Kami Trio out of the games.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Groudon brings SUN!
Kyogre brings WATER!
Tornadus brings WIND!
Landorus is ABUNDANCE!

This doesn't change the fact that they have terrible designs and are copy/pastes of each other.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
How could you even say that LANDorus, a GROUND type, does not represent the earth? Groudon brings sunlight to dry up the water to make the earth dry so the ground will dominate, Kyogre brings storms to flood the earth. Rayquaza clears the skies with wind. The Kami Trio possesses the same abilities. They may not use them in the exact same manner, but they certainly weren't necessary. Three trios in a generation is overkill. The other two were fairly original in terms of purpose and design. They should have left the Kami Trio out of the games.

Tornadus and Thundurus are the rivals within the Kami Trio while Landorus is the mediator, so the Kami Trio already has a significantly different dynamic from that of the Weather Trio. Within the Kami Trio, it's not a battle between land and sea with the sky acting as the peacekeeper; it's a rivalry between strong winds and thunderstorms which are put to a stop by calm weather and fertile land. Tornadus would technically be Groudon's "equivalent," and Tornadus cannot bring out the sun any more than Groudon can conjure strong winds. Meanwhile, Landorus may be able to negate the influence of its subordinates just like Rayquaza, but Rayquaza was never said to have the ability to promote fertile land. Even going by your parallels, there are differences. Groudon creates droughts which have a negative effect on vegetation, while Landorus makes the ground healthy and productive. Tornadus' storms are destructive, while Rayquaza (who was never said to manipulate the wind; it simply cancels out the existing weather and returns it to normal) eliminates extreme weather conditions and returns them to a peaceful state.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Tornadus and Thundurus are the rivals within the Kami Trio while Landorus is the mediator, so the Kami Trio already has a significantly different dynamic from that of the Weather Trio. Within the Kami Trio, it's not a battle between land and sea with the sky acting as the peacekeeper; it's a rivalry between strong winds and thunderstorms which are put to a stop by calm weather and fertile land. Tornadus would technically be Groudon's "equivalent," and Tornadus cannot bring out the sun any more than Groudon can conjure strong winds. Meanwhile, Landorus may be able to negate the influence of its subordinates just like Rayquaza, but Rayquaza was never said to have the ability to promote fertile land. Even going by your parallels, there are differences. Groudon creates droughts which have a negative effect on vegetation, while Landorus makes the ground healthy and productive. Tornadus' storms are destructive, while Rayquaza (who was never said to manipulate the wind; it simply cancels out the existing weather and returns it to normal) eliminates extreme weather conditions and returns them to a peaceful state.
While I respectfully disagree, I'm not the type to continue restating my original idea unless someone really doesn't seem to get it. I see that you get it and we don't see eye-to-eye. I can live with that.

To be completely honest, my main hatred for the Kamis lies in the design. I cannot take them seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.