• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wierd OU Team

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Decided to build a team around zangoose since it pretty OHKO's most of OU with toxic and toxic boosted, STABed AND swords danced facade. Also have a couple of other mon's in here that i use cuz' i was sick of using OU 'mons.
Here it is!

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 96 HP / 156 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

The main star of the team! Pretty Simple, started out with zangoose, common set, Adamant with swords dance to boost, facade for SHREDDING teams to smithereens, Quick attack for some BRUTAL priority and knock off for steels and ghosts. EV's are for enough bulk to set up a swords dance, and sweep. Even with jolly, it wasnt very fast, so i had to find a solution......

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Destiny Bond
- Toxic Spikes

SMEARGLE with sticky web, spore, sticky web, toxic spikes i have the chance and destiny bond to at least get some ko potenial on it. Own tempo to cut out confuse hax. Simeple, now that i have SET up my hazards, time to get rid of THEIRS.....

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

TENTACRUEL, it controls hazards like nobody's business (except forretress). Scald for burns and damage, Acid Spray to increase scald damage and make the opp. feel insecure, rapid spin for hazard removal and haze for stats (it comes in handy!). Now, for some offensive pressure.....

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Drain Punch

HAWLUCHA! My mucha libre! Swords Dance if setup allows, Sky Attack to use up power herb and hit on that turn like a truck (unless it misses), acrobatics for reliable flying STAB after power herb is used up and drain punch for sustain and STAB. Now, it looks too weak to birdspam, so........

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ancient Power
- Lava Plume

BIRDSPAM KILLER! I love it! Stealth Rock for, why not! Get ko'ed but still discourage birds, roar for dishing out damage/poison from hazards as well as kick out threats. Ancient Power is bird control and Lava Plume for burn chance and STAB. Now, too physical and i dont call heatran a dedicated special pokemon, so well........

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Calm Mind

MEGA GARDEVOIR! One of the best wallbreakers in the game! Pretty standard smogon set, Hyper Voice for absolute DESTRUCTION, psyshock for STAB and chansey control, Focus Blast for coverage and will-o-wisp for controlling physical attackers that might switch into it or calm mind to wreck even bigger holes, i am confused between these two! A Little....Help?

So there you have it! My showdown built team, if it's good according to you people, i'll breed it.

THANKS!

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Mega Gardevoir loses the Traced ability unto mega evolution... it gets replaced by Pixilate, because of that, I really prefer Choice Scarf Gardevoir, with Trick you can really mess up opposing stall/wall.

Your Heatran looks fine.

I am not a huge fan of Hawlucha, but here is a set if I were to use it, I would prefer it like this:
Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Unburder
- Sword Dance
- High Jump Kick / Flying Press / Drain Punch / Superpower
- Acrobatics / Iron Head / Stone Edge / Dual Chop
- Endeavor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Too bad Hawlucha doesn't learn Endure, if it did it would make a great Liechi berry user, oh well.
Focus Sash is there to survive the setup turn and get a speed bonus, with so many fight move options, I personally thinks that Flying Press is the best, Endeavor is there to abuse your speed combo'ed with your 1 HP from Focus Sash, Acrobatics is there if you want STAB without Flying Press, Iron Head and Stone Edge are for different threats while Dual Chop is for Substitute / Focus Sash / Sturdy breaking.

The Acid Spray looks interesting, though I prefer Tentacruel as Toxic Spikes spreader, also I like Mega Altaria as my phazer, but that is just me.

I really don't like Smeagle... if you want to have speed control (which I assume since you have Sticky Web) you could use Whismcott, it has Taunt and Tailwind, it also has Encore, Memento and Switchroo, all good options to mess up your opponent, Memento in special can buy you time to setup another pokémon (like Hawlucha), it also protects your team against Spore and whatnot. Also, Sleep Talk exists, imagine you using Spore on Hydreigon only to learns it has Sleep Talk and Choice Specs equiped... yeah not a pretty view. Smeagle can be good, alright, but it attracts Prankster Taunt. For the Sticky Web user there is Shuckle, it has Sturdy and can hold the White Herb so it's not scared of Taunt, you can throw the Web then use Stealth Rock or just switch.

That Zangoose, it looks good, but I don't know... I keep thinking steels will laugh at your face and Zangoose doesn't have a turn to setup, did you know it learns Close Combat? I can see Knock Off but something seems out of the well, oh well, don't mind me. It also learns X-Scissor, Poison Jab and Feint (it has priority!). I would probably replace Sword Dance with something else, maybe Protect or Close Combat, maybe also Quick Attack for Feint ever though Protect is more common on doubles.

Hope it helped.

Prakhar

Mega Gardevoir loses the Traced ability unto mega evolution... it gets replaced by Pixilate, because of that, I really prefer Choice Scarf Gardevoir, with Trick you can really mess up opposing stall/wall.

Your Heatran looks fine.

I am not a huge fan of Hawlucha, but here is a set if I were to use it, I would prefer it like this:
Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Unburder
- Sword Dance
- High Jump Kick / Flying Press / Drain Punch / Superpower
- Acrobatics / Iron Head / Stone Edge / Dual Chop
- Endeavor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Too bad Hawlucha doesn't learn Endure, if it did it would make a great Liechi berry user, oh well.
Focus Sash is there to survive the setup turn and get a speed bonus, with so many fight move options, I personally thinks that Flying Press is the best, Endeavor is there to abuse your speed combo'ed with your 1 HP from Focus Sash, Acrobatics is there if you want STAB without Flying Press, Iron Head and Stone Edge are for different threats while Dual Chop is for Substitute / Focus Sash / Sturdy breaking.

The Acid Spray looks interesting, though I prefer Tentacruel as Toxic Spikes spreader, also I like Mega Altaria as my phazer, but that is just me.

I really don't like Smeagle... if you want to have speed control (which I assume since you have Sticky Web) you could use Whismcott, it has Taunt and Tailwind, it also has Encore, Memento and Switchroo, all good options to mess up your opponent, Memento in special can buy you time to setup another pokémon (like Hawlucha), it also protects your team against Spore and whatnot. Also, Sleep Talk exists, imagine you using Spore on Hydreigon only to learns it has Sleep Talk and Choice Specs equiped... yeah not a pretty view. Smeagle can be good, alright, but it attracts Prankster Taunt. For the Sticky Web user there is Shuckle, it has Sturdy and can hold the White Herb so it's not scared of Taunt, you can throw the Web then use Stealth Rock or just switch.

That Zangoose, it looks good, but I don't know... I keep thinking steels will laugh at your face and Zangoose doesn't have a turn to setup, did you know it learns Close Combat? I can see Knock Off but something seems out of the well, oh well, don't mind me. It also learns X-Scissor, Poison Jab and Feint (it has priority!). I would probably replace Sword Dance with something else, maybe Protect or Close Combat, maybe also Quick Attack for Feint ever though Protect is more common on doubles.

Hope it helped.

Smeargle for shuckle is really interesting...i will try it out! Hawlucha is really a one-trick pony MEGA BEAST! Also, if the focus sash does not activate, i am screwed. I have just given up on setting toxic spikes, whenever i do, mega venusaur is everywhere (and i takes a lot of turns, with acid spray i soften them up). The only reason i run knock off over close combat is because of gengar.... and i will definately use fient (+2 priority that ko'es t-flame after rocks if set up a swords dance)! I'll take your advice!

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Smeargle for shuckle is really interesting...i will try it out! Hawlucha is really a one-trick pony MEGA BEAST! Also, if the focus sash does not activate, i am screwed. I have just given up on setting toxic spikes, whenever i do, mega venusaur is everywhere (and i takes a lot of turns, with acid spray i soften them up). The only reason i run knock off over close combat is because of gengar.... and i will definately use fient (+2 priority that ko'es t-flame after rocks if set up a swords dance)! I'll take your advice!

Glad to hear you liked the advice, haha.
Shuckle is a really fun pokémon, just keep in mind it is slow and attracts Taunt just like Smeagle, which is why I suggest it to hold the *MENTAL* Herb, I said White Herb by mistake! Please, it is the *MENTAL* Herb, haha.
I guess you could put Hawlucha in front of a Gardevoir or something on purpose to force Focus Sash activating? Haha, no, don't that...

kitedo

You don't want 252 speed in hawlucha. Run 0 instead. Not many things will outspeed a 2 stage bird. Build it in bulk instead, helps the sword dance (although I prefer bulk up). Since it becomes crazy fast, you might want to replace sky attack with encore instead. On my hawlucha, I bulk up until it's time to use my sitrus berry, then I begin my offensive attacks.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
You don't want 252 speed in hawlucha. Run 0 instead. Not many things will outspeed a 2 stage bird. Build it in bulk instead, helps the sword dance (although I prefer bulk up). Since it becomes crazy fast, you might want to replace sky attack with encore instead. On my hawlucha, I bulk up until it's time to use my sitrus berry, then I begin my offensive attacks.

That is an interesting idea, I liked it.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
A few changes you really need

Since you've already got rocks and Toxic Spikes aren't as useful, you should try Galvantula, as it has access to StickyWebs and can start putting offensive pressure instantly with Thunder.

You can run Giga Drain > Haze on Tenta, allowing you to use an Assault Vest for mixed defenses. Useful as Acid Spray increases the power of Giga Drain

Run Jolly and High Jump Kick on Hawlucha. Unboosted, you are faster than the whole tier barring scarfers and megas. Being able to maintain this speed after a forced switch is extremely useful. High Jump Kick makes the most out of Hawluchas attack.

Taunt > Calm Mind > Willowisp, Taunt is what lets gardevoir be a great Wall breaker.

Also, protect /kings shield on smeargle is extremely useful against Lopunny, allowing you to safely set webs and probably force her out

Prakhar

I am thinking about that as well, will make its speed enough to outspeed scarfchomp after a boost.

A few changes you really need

Since you've already got rocks and Toxic Spikes aren't as useful, you should try Galvantula, as it has access to StickyWebs and can start putting offensive pressure instantly with Thunder.

You can run Giga Drain > Haze on Tenta, allowing you to use an Assault Vest for mixed defenses. Useful as Acid Spray increases the power of Giga Drain

Run Jolly and High Jump Kick on Hawlucha. Unboosted, you are faster than the whole tier barring scarfers and megas. Being able to maintain this speed after a forced switch is extremely useful. High Jump Kick makes the most out of Hawluchas attack.

Taunt > Calm Mind > Willowisp, Taunt is what lets gardevoir be a great Wall breaker.

Also, protect /kings shield on smeargle is extremely useful against Lopunny, allowing you to safely set webs and probably force her out

Galvantula actually does it well! I probably will but shuckle helps me with stall, which is where i excel in!

I dont really like high jump kick on boosting pokemon, the recoil isnt worth it (except on mienshao). I put taunt on mine now, but what i dont get is WHAT is a wallbreaker?
Also, kings shield sounds interestin, i may just use it!
I never thought about giga drain! wow, but what i hate is losing to set up pokemon! Its confusing meeee!!!

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
I am thinking about that as well, will make its speed enough to outspeed scarfchomp after a boost.

Galvantula actually does it well! I probably will but shuckle helps me with stall, which is where i excel in!

I dont really like high jump kick on boosting pokemon, the recoil isnt worth it (except on mienshao). I put taunt on mine now, but what i dont get is WHAT is a wallbreaker?
Also, kings shield sounds interestin, i may just use it!
I never thought about giga drain! wow, but what i hate is losing to set up pokemon! Its confusing meeee!!!

Wallbreaker is a pokémon that is used to break opposite walls, usually they do that by having strong moves combined with Sword Dance or Nasty Plot to muscle it through the enemy's defenses or by being mixed or the opposite of what was expected (Dragonite with Ice Beam to beat Gliscor, for example), you can also wallbreak with other semi defensive pokémon (like Taunt users) but I see it being called stallbreaker instead, but for me it's the same thing.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Gardevoir shits on stall easily. Taunt / Sub helps even more

High Jump Kick only hurts when you miss. Way better than drain punch as Hawlucha is frail af, and the whole reason you wanna use Hawlucha is its high power stabs

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Gardevoir shits on stall easily. Taunt / Sub helps even more

High Jump Kick only hurts when you miss. Way better than drain punch as Hawlucha is frail af, and the whole reason you wanna use Hawlucha is its high power stabs

I don't know about Hawlucha since I never used it much but Gardevoir is pretty good for stall breaker, it has Taunt, Substitute and ever Trick if you want to punish that Ferrothron for using Leech Seed on you.