• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WiFi FAQ

spoon1992

i am having trouble with my wi-fi.... everything works fine, execpt the wi-fi plaza. it just says communication error every time i try to connect, even though the GTS and everything else is working. anyone know why? :/

Titan500

Solar Panels
My USB works, but when I test the connection, it has 3 green marks which is supposed to be good then it goes red and I can't connect.

Pokemon Planet

Mew + Mewtwo = ?
Problem Solved.
Thank You.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi. I can get onto it easily without problems, but if I'm seeking opponents to battle or talk too, sometimes nothing shows up and I'm alone. This happens in the Colosseum and Plaza. It also happens on Wii too. How should I improve the connection?

Dave.

My USB works, but when I test the connection, it has 3 green marks which is supposed to be good then it goes red and I can't connect.
Same problem here, only using a wireless router instead of the USB. I battled this morning before it happened on Wi-Fi. There's no disturbances between my DS and the router, I even stood right next to it.

Edit: It repaired itself, I don't know how.

Last edited:
Hi, guys. ^^ I came here to ask for a request in help, so here we go:

While in days ago, my Nintendo Wi-Fi working smoothly without any problem. ^^

But as during yesterday while I want to play online, I've noticed my computer doesn't recoznige my Wi-Fi USB, so I tries everything and still not recoznige this thing... Is it broken? Please respond as soon as possible...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question, how can I find out my WPA Key? I'm looking for that information in case I buy a DSi.
For some Routers that are given part an internet deal, Such as the Sky models, it could be on a label.

In almost all cases, you can plug a PC in to the router and access the router settings, this will show the Current WPA Key, and will allow you alter the settings.

I understand it that current online DS cart games don't work with WPA encoding, even on a DSi.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
For some Routers that are given part an internet deal, Such as the Sky models, it could be on a label.

In almost all cases, you can plug a PC in to the router and access the router settings, this will show the Current WPA Key, and will allow you alter the settings.

I understand it that current online DS cart games don't work with WPA encoding, even on a DSi.
Thank you for the information. I hope the games I have will work with Wi-Fi. (I'm mostly wanting it for trades and battles. Nothing more).

tomthepom

I'm not sure if this is the right area, but i've had wifi for a while, but a few weeks ago my pc got some virus (dad never told me we didnt have protection anymore... *sigh*), anyway i got Norton Antivirus 360 (In Australia, not sure if that means its different elsewhere) and wifi stopped working, after pressing a few buttons here and there, it's started to work again. BUT i still can't connect, the signal bars go green for a few seconds then go to red. then Error code 23005 (from memory) comes up saying that it cant access the Pc's IP address, does anybody here know how i can fix this?

Its a nintendo usb btw with windows XP

thanks in advance

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm not sure if this is the right area, but i've had wifi for a while, but a few weeks ago my pc got some virus (dad never told me we didnt have protection anymore... *sigh*), anyway i got Norton Antivirus 360 (In Australia, not sure if that means its different elsewhere) and wifi stopped working, after pressing a few buttons here and there, it's started to work again. BUT i still can't connect, the signal bars go green for a few seconds then go to red. then Error code 23005 (from memory) comes up saying that it cant access the Pc's IP address, does anybody here know how i can fix this?

Its a nintendo usb btw with windows XP

thanks in advance
Chances are Norton is blocking the Nintendo Wifi dongle setting. I spend most of a month with Laptop trying to work out why I couldn't access my own Network Printer.

I don't use Norton 360 or a Nintendo Wifi Dongle, so I can't tell how to fix it, besides look in the firewall software and Change some Blocks to Allow.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I'm an amateur at this technology stuff, but will X-Box 360 S (WPA) be able to connect to the Router (WPA2-Personal; cannot be changed in any circumstance)?

DarumakkaImposter

i have the internet thing for my dsi when its on the main menu <----(it works fine) but When i try to connect to anything wi-fi on my pokemon diamond
the bars go red..................green.......red NO ACCSESS POINT IN RANGER ERROR CODE: 52000 what do i do? can anyone help?

Last edited:

tomtom11

help with wi-fi

hello people. i really need help cause the legendary shiny beasts event is almost done and recantly my family got virgin media broadband hub and it does not have a wep key. we bought the usb thing but it said that the computor is not compatible. and later we found out that it only works for xp and i have vista and i really need help so if anyone can reply somehow then plz can u tell me how!

GoldNinja

Breeder
My wi-fi connection worked just fine until today! Now I started having error code 52000 (I can't find my IP that is)! I don't think anyone has changed any settings so I really don't understand how this could happen..

Every time I wanted to connect to my wi-fi, I needed to change this PC's password type to WEP instead of WPA. This change caused all other PCs in our house but mine to be unable to access the internet while I use the WEP password type!
when I change the type back to WPA, everyone else is able to access the internet too. Usually this has worked just fine, but today even though I change it to WEP, I can't access wi-fi connection!

I already tried following Nintendo's guide and manually set up the settings but it didn't work :S

Oh and also.. My wi-fi connection had problems yesterday too! When I was in the wi-fi room, I could see any others there (even though they actually were in!) The problem went away when I reconnected to the wi-fi room.. Others could see me but I couldn't see them, in other words.

Please help me!

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My wi-fi connection worked just fine until today! Now I started having error code 52000 (I can't find my IP that is)! I don't think anyone has changed any settings so I really don't understand how this could happen..

Every time I wanted to connect to my wi-fi, I needed to change this PC's password type to WEP instead of WPA. This change caused all other PCs in our house but mine to be unable to access the internet while I use the WEP password type!
when I change the type back to WPA, everyone else is able to access the internet too. Usually this has worked just fine, but today even though I change it to WEP, I can't access wi-fi connection!

I already tried following Nintendo's guide and manually set up the settings but it didn't work :S

Oh and also.. My wi-fi connection had problems yesterday too! When I was in the wi-fi room, I could see any others there (even though they actually were in!) The problem went away when I reconnected to the wi-fi room.. Others could see me but I couldn't see them, in other words.

Please help me!
Nintendo's Pokémon Servers are apparently being hit hard today.. Today is the first day, for European Black/White games. And due to the fact that there is a new Area available for Japanese games, everyone is hitting Nintendo Wifi. (Actually this Area was available at day one, it just so happens that today was the first time anyone can use it.)

GoldNinja

Breeder
Nintendo's Pokémon Servers are apparently being hit hard today.. Today is the first day, for European Black/White games. And due to the fact that there is a new Area available for Japanese games, everyone is hitting Nintendo Wifi. (Actually this Area was available at day one, it just so happens that today was the first time anyone can use it.)

YES! So I didn't mess it up after all.. Gosh I'm relieved! :D Thank you, thank you thank you~