• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WiFi FAQ

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
If I on wifi from a thing where you hook the computer up, would I have to go through everything on the first page?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If I on wifi from a thing where you hook the computer up, would I have to go through everything on the first page?
You may want to look at everything below the heading: Settings to keep things simple.

I should point out that some IPS who offer Wireless routers as part of the connection actually give guides on how to get a DS online.

Normally Setting up a DS isn't much harder than setting up the PC/Laptop.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Thank you
i wasnt sure if that was an acual router or not.
I am not very good with things out side of playing on the computer

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
My Nintendo DS won't connect to the internet we have at my new house at university. It's a Virgin wireless router, I'm not sure whether that matters or not and if the specific type is important I can find out.

The DS does know that the router is there, the problem is that 'The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS'.

So, is this a problem that can be fixed? It's not the DS, because it can connect fine at my hometown house. What do I have to do?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My Nintendo DS won't connect to the internet we have at my new house at university. It's a Virgin wireless router, I'm not sure whether that matters or not and if the specific type is important I can find out.

The DS does know that the router is there, the problem is that 'The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS'.

So, is this a problem that can be fixed? It's not the DS, because it can connect fine at my hometown house. What do I have to do?
Well, I've got some good news and bad news.

The good news is that I beleive that your router is using WPA encoding, while the DS games can not use this. (DSi-enhanced and 3DS Games on DSi or 3DS can connect to the network.) You can alter the settings of the router, to support a DS. I think that you can find the way to set it up via Virgin's site.

The bad news altering the settings will force every Wifi device to manually reconnect to router. If it's not yours, you may not even have access. Also it's less secure.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
My nintendo DS Lite (or my 3DS for that matter) won't connect to the regular DS Wifi, but I'm pretty sure it's WEP security, this has happened in early 2010, when I got kicked out of the wifi room in Platinum all of a sudden.
If it's needed, the type of router is a D-Link, DSL-2640T.