• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WiFi-League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Electric Gym open, T_T I just found out all my "good" pokes from before X/Y have really bad IVs, hope I have at least a good Raikou xD

I feel your pain...only 2% of my gen 5 pokes have good ivs and the ones I thought were good have terrible ivs (my poor GastrodonT_T) Least some of them are good...

Gym once again is open

cryuel

X Caliber, although I'd like to only need to use 3 pokémon of the same type as my e4 I think that banning pokémons because theu can one shot your team is lazy and stupid. If you see your team has a weakness you should try to get pokémons that can counter it instead of just saying "nope, change this one specific pokémon because its not fair". Also, some counters don't need to resist a certain type. If I battle you and you notice that my team only has physical attackers and you bring 3 counters + a Sableye I'll consider the Sableye as a counter as well and neglect the challenge. You don't need to resist a type to be able to counter it.

I couldn't agree more. Even outside of the league you'd need to balance your team in terms of strategy (i.e having not too many physical sweepers, walls, fending off likely threats, etc.). In a sense being a successful Gym Leader is extremely difficult, as you have to make a mono team work while being able to counter weaknesses. As for my Ghost Gym, I'm constantly thinking how I could improve upon it based on the strategic weaknesses it has, and I can only say I've learned a lot so far.

As for 3vs.3, I don't find the idea bad but on one hand I love being able to show off many different types of Ghosts, and on the other hand I think it would be more difficult as it allows people to use a full counter team in the 3 they choose.

Challengers name: Cryuel
Gym Title/Owner: Electric/Sito
Generation: 6
Battle Result: Loss 0-2
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Opinion about the match: Sheesh, frozen and paralysed a bunch of times, couldn't have asked for worse situations to be a sitting duck, lol. gg!

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Electric Gym open, T_T I just found out all my "good" pokes from before X/Y have really bad IVs, hope I have at least a good Raikou xD

I know that fell bro.

e4 is open, now with my pokébank mons \o/.

Havent checked IVs yet, but I'm pretty sure I basically settled for 2, 3 tops in gen V due to much more difficult breeding mechanics than we have in X and Y.

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Challenger's name: Cryuel
Gym title/owner: Electric/Sito
Battle result: win 2-0
Rate your opponent's performance: 7/10
Opinion: Good battle xD, got really lucky on the freeze and paralyze xD

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
they are .

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
active post. Dragon gym will be open Saturday for battles

Mr.Y

O)_(O
They are allowed. Also, you don't need to have any badges to challenge the e4. Just sayin.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Challengers name: Professor dragonexpert
Gym Title/Owner: Dew Watatsumi / Water
Battle Result: 2-0
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Opinion about the match: I did get some hax on my side with my opponent missing with a key move.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Challeger's Name:professor Dragonexpert
Gym Title/Leader: Water/Dew
Win or Loss: Loss 2-0
Rate your score: 8/10
Rate your opponent's score: 8.2/10
Opinion about the match: Very close match, Lucario missing and Heatran's burn cost me at the end

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Challengers name: Professor dragonexpert
Gym Title/Owner: MR.Y / Steel E4
Battle Result: Win 3-1
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Opinion about the match: We both battled very well. It was one of my better battles I've had in a long time.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Challeger's Name:professor Dragonexpert
Gym Title/Leader: Water/Dew
Win or Loss: Loss 3-1
Rate your score: 8/10
Rate your opponent's score: 7/10
Opinion about the match: You clearly had a counter team but I'm happy I did so well against it, I'd might even win if I didn't over predict at the beggining

E4 is still open for challengers.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I used the same team against Dew and have been using it earlier for two matches against my friends so it was not just for that battle. I have battle video proof if you need me to PM it to you.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I used the same team against Dew and have been using it earlier for two matches against my friends so it was not just for that battle. I have battle video proof if you need me to PM it to you.

You earned the badge man, if I accept a challenge I don't back off even if I lose but you did have 4 pokémon that blocked my main STAB (not gonna say which as you'll probably use the same team against others) and iirc two that could deal super effective damage to me. The SE thing isn't that important to me but the STAB part kinda is. Again, I don't want a rematch and can keep the badge, just try to make changes on your team before facing others gyms.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Gym is still open

Skullbash

Pirate King
Challengers name: Skullbash
Gym Title/Owner: Ground/AkaFila
Battle Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Opinion about the match: Great match!