• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wifi oooooou team by me

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
New Wifi OU team which I just made and wanted some pointers on where to improve. Happy Rating!

The Team

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

Not the lead but came first on the export. Typical DD dnite with dragon claw and eq. Considering having Fire Punch over ExtremeSpeed to handle ferros but due to the large ammount of fighting elsewhere in the team i have left espeed here. I was also thinking of running a Lum Berry/Outrage set with DD but that is in testing. EV spread is for maximum boost from dragon dance though was going to move some atk evs to hp for extra bulk.

94.png

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- ThunderBolt

This life orb gengar set is mainly for picking off weak enemies. The 4 offensive attacks give great coverage and can pick of many a common enemy in the OU metagame with either super effective or normal effectiveness on most of the top few used. I was going to put Giga Drain over sludge bomb as need to recover recoil damage though sludge bomb provides some extra stab. Also I needed a ghost type to annoy all those rapid spin users and then attack back at them.

386.png

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Night Shade
- Recover

The Defensive Deoxys here is to set up hazards for skamory to whirlwind away. As Skarmory is a fairly slow pokemon TWave helps to reduce the speed of those that can counter it. As there is quite a lot that Deoxys is needing to do on this team I am thinking about running recover over night shade or Thunder wave so that it can get to full hazards... hopefully.

227.png

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

The Stalling Skarm. With help from the hazards from deoxys and lack off rapid spinners with help from gengar skarm is able to whirlwind away. With a sub up it can roost in peace or get a whirlwind in to mass up extra hazard damage. taunt is to stop other taunt users from taunting me.

392.png

Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 hp / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

This is my revenge killer. Its increased speed makes it deadly and able to outspeed even other cs users. With the moves here there is coverage that gengar cant get at and therefore the two work well together to take down team cores.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Finally is Rotom W. This counters up the teams weaknesses and attacks back with fury. The Volt switch works well with cs infernape as the two can spam these return attacks with a vengence. HP ice over other HP types so that i can counter gliscor and dragons effectively

export

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

(Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Night Shade

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Final Comments

It all seems a bit complicated to get Skarm whirlwinding away so I was thinking about having skarm as a generally Spiker or Stealth Rocker .. which could free Deoxys up to do some other stuff

Also I Kinda need a rapid spinner

Last edited:
Hmm. Whirlwind Skarm seems like it could be a real pain with a sub up. Have you ever thought of using HP Fire on Deoxys? I've seen it a few times and it comes in handy since a lot of people like to send in Scizor on Deoxys. I think Destiny Bond is something Gengar should always run. Also its ridiculously frail so I'd sash it. Bullet Punch from most users if not all users will OHKO. I can tell that if you did change Life Orb to a Sash it would make Deoxys even more important since you would need Taunt to stop Stealth Rock users from laying hazards, so HP Fire might really come in handy if you don't want it getting wrecked by Scizor. Not to mention you wouldn't be forced to switch out after taunting Ferrothorne. And you're right you kinda might need a Rapid Spiner, but I feel like that might not be too major with Deoxys. It's always something to consider I guess.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Changes in bold and explanations underneath

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
Burns lower attack, toxic ruins a sweep, para makes you to slow.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
This is sort of a personal preference. I use giga drain to counter gastrodon and rotom-w and to provide some recovery against a staller.

There ya go jhen :)

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Hmm. Whirlwind Skarm seems like it could be a real pain with a sub up. Have you ever thought of using HP Fire on Deoxys? I've seen it a few times and it comes in handy since a lot of people like to send in Scizor on Deoxys. I think Destiny Bond is something Gengar should always run. Also its ridiculously frail so I'd sash it. Bullet Punch from most users if not all users will OHKO. I can tell that if you did change Life Orb to a Sash it would make Deoxys even more important since you would need Taunt to stop Stealth Rock users from laying hazards, so HP Fire might really come in handy if you don't want it getting wrecked by Scizor. Not to mention you wouldn't be forced to switch out after taunting Ferrothorne. And you're right you kinda might need a Rapid Spiner, but I feel like that might not be too major with Deoxys. It's always something to consider I guess.

So Sash Gengar and Give Deoxys HP fire over night shade
That looks like it will help a lot

Changes in bold and explanations underneath

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
Burns lower attack, toxic ruins a sweep, para makes you to slow.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
This is sort of a personal preference. I use giga drain to counter gastrodon and rotom-w and to provide some recovery against a staller.

There ya go jhen :)

Those changes also look pretty helpful as well

thanks v much :)

Yeah Sash+ D Bond. And if you're gonna go with the Lum like Spark said you might as well go with Outrage over Dragon Claw.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Destiny Bond over what though?

I'm thinking thunderbolt as the other attacks give me more coverage

And I prefer Dragon Claw on Lum Berrry Dnite sets ... though it would be outrage on something like haxorus

Hmm....I would say D-Bond over Thunderbolt OR Giga Drain. I think you could run Gengar well without one or the other it's really up to your preference. I personally would get rid of Giga Drain instead of Thunderbolt. I know Spark and I will have conflicting view points about this haha...

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Since it looks like your going with a more defensive Rotom, Thunderbolt might work better for you if you ask me Also, I have to disagree with lode about HP fire, Better moves for deoxys and even if a scizor isnt running U-turn. HP Fire won't ko Scizor without investment and Scizor can still hurt you.

[Kingdra]

212.gif
vs.
386_d.gif

U-Turn ~ 82.9% - 97.4%
Bullet Punch ~ 52.6% - 62.5%
386_d.gif
vs.
212.gif

Hidden Power [Fire] ~ 52.5% - 63%

*These calculations are using your current EVs and standard Choice Band Scizor

In general, that Deoxys-D set looks like:
386_d.gif

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock / Recover
~ Night Shade / Magic Coat

However, there is also a Deoxys-D lead set that looks like this:

Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem / Electric Gem
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
~ Psycho Boost

Overall this team looks pretty solid, I can't really see any glaring weaknesses with it. Just something minor, Gengar's Focus Sash will be broken by Stealth Rock so it's probably not the best choice without a Rapid Spinner on your team.

Last edited:

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
[Kingdra];14977772 said:
212.gif
vs.
386_d.gif

U-Turn ~ 82.9% - 97.4%
Bullet Punch ~ 52.6% - 62.5%
386_d.gif
vs.
212.gif

Hidden Power [Fire] ~ 52.5% - 63%

*These calculations are using your current EVs and standard Choice Band Scizor

In general, that Deoxys-D set looks like:
386_d.gif

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock / Recover
~ Night Shade / Magic Coat

However, there is also a Deoxys-D lead set that looks like this:

Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem / Electric Gem
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
~ Psycho Boost

Overall this team looks pretty solid, I can't really see any glaring weaknesses with it. Just something minor, Gengar's Focus Sash will be broken by Stealth Rock so it's probably not the best choice without a Rapid Spinner on your team.

Yeah damage on Scizors kinda failed imo
went with the top one of the choices