• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wifi OU: Speedpert

Classified

Crit Hater
Wifi OU: Speedpert Team

Speedpert_zps248cdbcb.jpg

At a glace: ;291; ;260; ;385; ;373; ;065; ;212;

This is my unique team i built up specifically to make my favorite pokemon the ultimate killing machine. I knew swampert was a superb tank with high attack and that tanks have good stats on everything except for speed. So I decided to use ninjask, the best speed baton passer to form a team revolving around ninjask + swampert. Also, im new to serebii, so please tell me if anything is wrong with the format on my thread.

Changes in Bold

Ninjask ;291;

Ninja Boss (Ninjask) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Poor ninjask put into NU. He is arguably the best baton passer and also a great lead. The strategy is to predict what your opponent is going to use. Mostly I just Substitute if its most likely to be a status inflicting move/set up move. Protect is to scout if there is taunt/encore/attacks. What I do mostly is sub/protect/sub/protect until he changes pokemon or uses a set up move and that is when I swords dance. Once I reach +6 speed, i baton pass to Swampert or Salamence.

Possible Changes:

- Use X-Scizzor on it, but im not so sure. Need feedback on this.
- Use Mental Herb to block off annoying taunt/encore.

Swampert ;260;

Speedpert (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

My favorite pokemon, great tank with beast attack. Only setback is speed, but ninjask will most likely take care of that. Stealth Rock is to negate sturdy/focus sash. The rest is just for sweeping like a boss.

Jirachi ;385;

Flincher (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So I changed my ParaFlinch Jirachi to a Calm Mind Jirachi Sweeper. In my opinion its great. Jirachi has good speed, ok bulk, and ok special attack. With Calm Mind it boosts that to great levels which makes it a sweeper that can survive alot of special attacks and a few normal attacks.

Alakazam ;065;

Hairy Potter (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

Alakazam has always played an active roles in most of my teams as a sweeper/revenge killer. I use psyshock rather than psychic to hit special walls hard.

Salamence ;373;

Rawr (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Atk, -SDe)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Salamence is a set-up sweeper and its just amazing with moxie. Since moxie and outrage got banned, many people used intimidate + outrage. I personally dislike outrage and love moxie, so i prefer to use this set more. Also, if swampert is dead/not in good shape, I usually give salamence the baton pass from ninjask.

Possible Changes:

- Life Orb, which i did use before on salamence, but it just died way too fast.
- Multiscale Dragonite or Haxorus.

Arcanine ;059;

Beast (Arcanine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Changed my revenge killer scizor to a revenge killer arcanine which works better in my team. I usually switch to arcanine when theres a fire move threat to Jirachi/Ninjask. I normally use arcanine to revenge kill any boosted pokemon with priority ExtremeSpeed.

Possible Changes:

- Using Mamoswine. A nice priority move and ability.

Threats: Perish Song Politoed, Taunters and Encores. Roaring pokemon i hate the most. Mamoswine is a big threat to Salamence and Ninjask. Venasaur in the sun is a huge threat to swampert.

So thats my team. Hoped you enjoyed reading and please give your feedback/criticism below. I apologize if this is a bit long as I am new to serebii, but have been playing pokemon for a long while. If any suggestions are there to swap my pokemon out with any other better ones I dont mind, but please dont tell me to switch out ninjask/swampert, since this team revolves around it.
-

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, Swampert is a great sweeper, but there's better options out there for passing Speed and Attack boosts to. For instance, I used a Zangoose for a similar purpose and it can OHKO any unboosted Pokemon in the tier except for Skarmory at +2. OHKO's Skarmory at +4. Swampert is threatened by any incoming Grass attacks, which aren't common but are present. Also, if those Rocks aren't down, Skarmory will be able to Whirlwind Swampert, screwing you over. Even if the rocks are down, you're not OHKOing unless you somehow get to +6 attack. Honestly, anyone who lets you get to +6 deserves to be hopelessly wiped out anyways.

I'd consider some alternate options. Toxic Boost Zangoose, as I mentioned before, is good, but he's got a short lifespan due to toxic damage.

If you insist on keeping Swampert, try fitting in a Smeargle into your team, with Baton Pass, Cosmic Power, Ingrain, and Spore. Use Spore, then Cosmic Power a few times, Ingrain, and Baton Pass. The extra defences will help Swampert a lot in his sweep, and Ingrain provides some residual healing and stops him from being Roar'd away. Just Baton Pass a Substitute and some Speed and Attack boosts to him, and let him set up.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Why don't you give ninjask a focus sash. It would be much easier for him to set up if he's able to survive a strong attack

The entire point of Ninjask is to not get hit by a strong attack, using Protect and Substitute to dodge them. No, he needs the recovery provided by Leftovers.

Ilan

Ok on ninjask put 32 speed Evs (IDK why but that's what smogon suggests) it probably outspeeds everything after one boost. X-sccissors sounds good but you will lose subtitute which is very important. Mental Herb is too situational.

On swampert Stone Edge>Stealth Rock and Life Orb>leftovers it is a sweeper so you want to 0HKO most stuff and not set up rocks.

On jirachi Stealth Rock> zen heatbutt, cause zen headbutt isn't too useful.

Why you use HP grass on alakazam while he got Grass Knot? use that instead (it is stronger against what it needs to hit and don't worry about Rotom-W he is hit hard enough with psychock).

Salamence- use lum berry it is really useful leftovers is for stalling you don't really need it. Use Outrage>Dragon Claw the difference is huge and with lum berry you don't need to fear confusion that much. Use fire blast with naive nature as you planned and move the 4HP to Sp.attack (also don't put 4 HP on SR weak pokemon it make salamence able to switch 4 times instead of 5 times to stealth rock)

Scizor seems good but if you feel you have problems with gengar put pursuit>quick attack but otherwise great.

Overall the team is well balanced you have good pokemons and good offense presence.
You asked why ninjask is NU it is becase it is too frail and SR weak but he is really good doing his job.

Last edited:

Classified

Crit Hater
If you insist on keeping Swampert, try fitting in a Smeargle into your team, with Baton Pass, Cosmic Power, Ingrain, and Spore. Use Spore, then Cosmic Power a few times, Ingrain, and Baton Pass. The extra defences will help Swampert a lot in his sweep, and Ingrain provides some residual healing and stops him from being Roar'd away. Just Baton Pass a Substitute and some Speed and Attack boosts to him, and let him set up.

What you said about zangoose i cant do, because he has really bad defenses, so that when i baton pass to him, hes probably gonna die. No one ever does grass moves on ninjask, so the baton pass to swampert in case ninjask has no substitute will at least most likely guarantee that swampert is still alive.

Ill consider with smeargle, but im not sure which pokmeon to switch it out with.

Ok on ninjask put 32 speed Evs (IDK why but that's what smogon suggests) it probably outspeeds everything after one boost. X-sccissors sounds good but you will lose subtitute which is very important. Mental Herb is too situational.

On swampert Stone Edge>Stealth Rock and Life Orb>leftovers it is a sweeper so you want to 0HKO most stuff and not set up rocks.

On jirachi Stealth Rock> zen heatbutt, cause zen headbutt isn't too useful.

Why you use HP grass on alakazam while he got Grass Knot? use that instead (it is stronger against what it needs to hit and don't worry about Rotom-W he is hit hard enough with psychock).

Salamence- use lum berry it is really useful leftovers is for stalling you don't really need it. Use Outrage>Dragon Claw the difference is huge and with lum berry you don't need to fear confusion that much. Use fire blast with naive nature as you planned and move the 4HP to Sp.attack (also don't put 4 HP on SR weak pokemon it make salamence able to switch 4 times instead of 5 times to stealth rock)

Scizor seems good but if you feel you have problems with gengar put pursuit>quick attack but otherwise great.

Overall the team is well balanced you have good pokemons and good offense presence.
You asked why ninjask is NU it is becase it is too frail and SR weak but he is really good doing his job.

Im gonna consider doing those changes on jirachi and swampert. I will replace HP grass with grass knot and try it out. I dont really like Fire Blast as compared to Fire Fang, especially with moxie attack boosts. The combination of Outrage + Moxie is banned in OU.

Ilan

What you said about zangoose i cant do, because he has really bad defenses, so that when i baton pass to him, hes probably gonna die. No one ever does grass moves on ninjask, so the baton pass to swampert in case ninjask has no substitute will at least most likely guarantee that swampert is still alive.

Ill consider with smeargle, but im not sure which pokmeon to switch it out with.

Im gonna consider doing those changes on jirachi and swampert. I will replace HP grass with grass knot and try it out. I dont really like Fire Blast as compared to Fire Fang, especially with moxie attack boosts. The combination of Outrage + Moxie is banned in OU.

Moxiemence gets Outrage from B2W2 tutors (it was never banned just he didn't get it in the same time as DD). skarmory still walls you even with +3
Fire Blast 0HKO the things that need to be 0HKOed (like skarmory).

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Outrage+Moxie has been released. It is legal, unless you are playing with some weird rules.

Also Ninjask is NU because of its predictability, popularity or Encore/Perish Song Politoed, x4 SR weak, hardly has any offenses on its own, and Bug type is easily walled by Gliscor and Skarmory, two of the best defensive walls. That is OU specific I guess, but its overall frailty and predictability and hardly any gimmick sets that do well are why it is down in NU, however I see this as a blessing because then I can use one of my favorites in all tiers :)

Classified

Crit Hater
Oh well last time i did moxie outrage on salamence, it was Uber on PO or something. Ill put it on now.

Im considering using arcanine extremespeed to replace scizor. Ive tested it on PO and its worked considerably well for me.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
You've got to be careful with that Ninjask. Roar, Stealth Rock and Encore are all extremely dangerous. I've used Ninjask before, and it works if you're careful, but the three things are killers. Taunt, too. Nice team.