• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WiFi Singles

iTarTar

I've used this team on Showdown to some success and figured I outta try it out on WiFi. Nidoking and Aegislash are the closest bros (Even though Aegis is a girl ».») synergizing amazingly with eachother, not counting ground types. Kingdra covers the water/fire weakness and synergizes well with Aegislash. SYNERGIZERS4LYF. Tyranitar hopes in to make it a Sand team while also letting me set up hazards and sponge hits like a baws. Excadrill should have a scarf, but I need to use Rapid Spin and other moves after switching in (Right?). Diggersby is in cuz no one can handle him though because he is an amazing set up sweeper and can hand out massive damage paddling.
* When it says "IVs:" those are the none 31 IVs.

Tyranitar (F) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 10 SAtk
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Dance

Really just around to set up Rocks and sponge moves, usually one of the first to be KO'd.

Aegislash (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Brave Nature
IVs: 9 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Autotomize

No special set? WHAT!? I have two other Aegislash, one mixed and the other special. I use this one because he's shiny I needed a physical attacker that could do an early game sweep, and everyone has the bright idea of using super effective move on him while he's in Shield mode, boosting his Attack to +2. I almost always use Autotomize so I can hit literally anything (Under like 105 Base Speed) on the second turn. Once he's in, he doesn't come out - most of the time.

Kingdra (F) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 4 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Brine
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I like this guy, his main job is to phaze out and scout any pesky Greninja that think they can hurt me. All I have to do is remember that Dragon does hit him for super effective. I feel like a Focus Energy+Scope Lens+Sniper would work better, but I don't want another set-up sweeper. Brine is actually an insane move, hitting with more power than Hydro Pump so long a the enemy is in the yellow. Ice Beam is standard.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

1.3x from ability? Sweet. Another 1.3x from item? Even more sweet! This monster annihilates any Scizor, any switch-in, anything. I hit everything. I hit hard and I hit fast.

Diggersby (F) @ Sitrus Berry Thinking about using Muscle Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 20 SDef / 19 Spd
- Agility
- Hammer Arm
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

But Diggersby doe? Agility when I can, nothing else to say.

Excadrill (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 24 Def
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- X-Scissor

Hazard spinner/ sand destroyer.

Thoughts?

KillerDraco

Your Tyranitar seems confused about what it wants to do. Your EV spread, nature, and Stealth Rock suggest a more support oriented Tyranitar, but the moves and Tyranitarite suggest an offensive Tyranitar. As it stands it's kind of caught in limbo between the two; I'd say either go full support or full sweeper.

Brine is actually a pretty crappy move. The damage is unreliable, as above 50% the damage is pretty weak, and if you're able to get something below 50% HP, it's usually going to die regardless, since you should be aiming to 2HKO in most cases regardless. Protect doesn't really seem like it's doing anything either, given you're not stalling, using Leftovers, or anything really. Honestly, your Kingdra seems really confused about what it wants to do as well. A calm nature doesn't accomplish much, nor does Protect, and it doesn't really phaze so I'm not sure why you think it does. Swift Swim is also out of place, given you're not using Rain Dance, and rain isn't very common anymore. Given you don't want another setup sweeper you could try Specs Kingdra (given its special attack is not exceptionally high). Something along the lines of...

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest/Timid Nature
Sniper
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Signal Beam/HP [Electric]/[Grass]

It turns Kingdra into more of a wall-breaker favoring a hit-and-run style.

With regards to Diggersby, Agility + Hammer Arm = No. Switch Hammer Arm for Stone Edge; otherwise Gengar gets free reign over Diggersby.

Mold Breaker over Sand Force for sure on Excadrill. At most you get four turns of Sand due to the weather nerf, making Sand Force unreliable (not to mention that Sand Rush is generally better due to Excadrill's underwhelming speed). Meanwhile Mold Breaker can allow you to hit levitating foes and break through Sturdy. It also can function independently of Tyranitar's sand.

Your team has next to no defensive synergy. Powerful ground type attacks absolutely wreck your team, given that 4/6 of your team are weak to Ground type attacks, and the other two take neutral damage from them. Much of your team hates burns from Will-o-Wisp as well, and you have no revenge killer, so if something like Dragonite or Mega Lucario sets up on you, it's pretty much GG.

iTarTar

I've never used a Tyranitar competitively before; I thought that I could turn him into walling sponge if I mega evolved him. I want him to be a support Pokemon, so I'm guessing I should put Thunder Wave on him. So I should take off the Tyranitarite, add a Smooth Rock, and give him a support set up instead?

For Kingdra, I found out how good Sniper was only after I got a Swift Swim Horsea. I didn't breed it, but I also use Kingdra on my rain team. I like the moveset though, never though of Kingdra as a wallbreaker.

Diggersby will be changed.

Same problem with Excadrill as for Kingdra, I didn't breed them (I'm going away on vacation soon, I should probably start breeding during that time) myself so I can't change his ability. I'd love to have levitate users demolished by an Earthquake too ».»

I could use an Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Gliscor or Archeops in place of Kingdra. I also have a Weather Ball Roserade that I could throw in as a healer/hazard layer/Fairy Killer.