• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Wifi] That's right, I made another Wifi Team

Prinny

If you wanted steel support taking neutral fire hits,Heatproof Bronzong can be better than him

Tbird

Nice shot, man
Like I said Empoleon cannot take a hit

Just wanted to touch on this point slightly;

Jolly CB Haxorus Outrage vs 252 / 160 Bold Empoleon 36.8% - 43.5%.
Modest LO Hydreigon DMeteor vs 252 / 96 Bold Empoleon 31.5% - 37.1%
Modest LO Hydreigon Fire Blast vs 252 / 96 Bold Empoleon 44.1% - 51.6%
Jolly CS Chomp Earthquake vs 252 / 160 Bold Empoleon 74.7% - 88.7%
Timid Spex Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 / 96 Bold Empoleon 41.4% - 48.9%

Empoleon Ice Beam vs Garchomp 95% - 112.8%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs Jolly Mence 108.8% - 129.3%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs Flygon 119.6% - 140.9%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs MixNite 104% - 122.6%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs Hydreigon 49.8% - 59.2%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs Haxorus 68.3% - 80.5%
Empoleon Ice Beam vs Spex Latios 45.7% - 54.3%

Granted he might not be using his Empoleon what I'd say to be optimally, but Empoleon certainly can take a hit, and with Wish support it can be a brilliant check to the dragons.

Fa7e

Tbird

Nice shot, man
Did you guys just forget about the 16 other types!!!!!!!!!!!!! All i see are dragon types here!!!!!!!!!!!.

The reason you use a steel is to keep dragon types in check but also:

Jolly CS Chomp Earthquake vs 252 / 160 Bold Empoleon 74.7% - 88.7%

you'd be hard pressed to find many pokemon that can take a STAB Super Effective EQ from a Garchomp. This means Empoleon can effectively Revenge Kill / Check Garchomps.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Heh, OK maybe I should have run some calcs on that first :p

After some thinking and a few messups matches, I've determined that Azumarril > Hitmontop despite having similar weaknesses to Cloyster. Firstly, it allows me to check Cloyster who otherwise can get past my team if properly built. Of course, I could simply EV Hitmontop for this purpose, but Azumarril is overall bulkier in some sense due to it's larger HP (Hitmontop has a chance to be KOed by +1 Icicle Spear and +2 Hydro Pump is an OHKO). Without Intimidate, which forces the removal of Technician, I get KOed by Icicle Spear fairly easily. Also he lacks sufficient power to 2 or even 3HKO Cloyster. Azumarril on the other hand, can handle Hydro Pumps, Razor Shells, Rock Blasts and Icicle Spears fairly easily, taking 86.63% at best, assuming Cloyster doesn't get lucky. Azumarril also has a much more offensive prowness (did I spell that right? If I didn't forget I said that. I said presence). Despite that, Hitmontop is still a relatively good Spinner, especially since a Third of my team is weak to Stealth Rocks.

OK times to bump and edit that post... later. Like in 4 Hours when I officially wake up.

Also I have to remember. Empoleon checks ScarfChomp. And most Hydreigon. And stuff. OK Empoleon counters Dragons that hasn't gotten any attack buffs.

Last edited:

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Staraptor used Double Bump!
The Thread is not affected...
The Thread's Inactivity fainted!

I added Ferrothorn over Jirachi since I had a problem with Quagsire. I'm considering Starmie > Cloyster since I really need that spin support, but I'm not sure.