• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[WIFI Ubers] medicinal screening

I am up to explore the Uber-Tier of Wifi and I am looking for further improvements to my most auspicious Team.
Soon I decided to go balanced between offense and defense and chose Double-Screen Mewtwo for my strategy, supported by entry Hazards - a job for Forretress. Of course you need a cleric or Poison and Paralysis would screw me. There is nothing better than Big-Fat-Soft-Pink-Smiling-Smoothie-Cute Blissey. Groudon completes my wall on the physical side.

Now I have to chose two Powerhouses taking advantage of Screen-, Hazard- and maybe Paralysis-Support.
As the sun will be shining quite often I chose Reshiram as my first sweeper.
The second should be able to boost and hit physically like a truck. This will be Rayquaza.

So, thats how I chose my Pokemon.
Lets get Started:

images
@ Leftovers Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

>>I decided to let Groudon start the match with the ability to set up SR and bring sun into live. Sun is not that important for me but the major Advantage is to Stop enemy weather like rain etc. For that purpose I thought of 0 Speed EVs and a relaxed nature (what do you think?). I don't think I need coverage or the ability to hit everything for damage, because I can still roar and paralyse to cause headaches for lots of physical threats.

images
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

>> quite Standart not too much to say excepting that my evil part of mind says: rock tomb ... rocktomb... Should I give it a try over Volt Change? It could lower the speed of Sweepers that thought they could setup on Forry and cause even more switches

images
@ Light Clay Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Psystrike

>> The heart of my team, sets up Screens with an unknown elegance. Its bulk is nothing to neglect and the recovery is fine too, while a STAB Psystrike is nothing to be laughed at when fired from still 342 SAtk.

images
@ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

- Cross Flame

>> Modest for full Power (It wouldn't be fast anyway and maybe the opponent is paralysed and I won't risk it in speed ties with Dialgia and friends anyway). Likes The sun and hits incredibly hard with Its high-based attacks (all over 120 o_o). 2 Stabs with Perfect Coverage, Focus Blast agains Tyranitar for example. Solar Beam is nice in the sun. It hits every Type other than Fire, Psychic Poison and Ghost for super effective damage and gets a whole bunch of OHKOs.

images
@ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk /4 Def/ 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Earthquake

>>I think everybody can imagne how dangerous this one can become if boosted behind a wall of screens while entry hazards weaken the opposite's health

112214503_1896873.gif
(F) @ Evolith
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Hard as stone

Thank you for your attention
Dr.Fleischmann

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'd give rayquazza ice beam or an ice type move since you have reshiram to dish out fire type moves.

legendarypokemonmaster

Looks good. Here is something at a glance:
The fastest pokemon sets up weather, so faster pokemon than Groudon will get their weather in.

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Actually the slower Pokemon's weather overrules the faster's, therefore Groudon would get Drought in over Kyogre's Drizzle.

And now onto the team,

-Reshiram doesn't need two Fire moves; I would recommend Blue Flare due to the extra power and chance to Burn. You could replace Cross Flame with a coverage move such as Extrasensory, Focus Blast, or even Solarbeam, as the Sun will usually be up when using him.

-Rayquaza would be better using Extremespeed over Overheat, as it's really good for Revenge-Killing and a great priority move after setting up a Dragon Dance

Overall a solid team, and I commend you for building a team around Groudon rather than Kyogre, which everybody uses, including me ^_^

DragonTamerSean

Tamer of All Dragons
I'm sorry, but this would have to be under Casual RMT. 4:6 of your Pokemon are banned from Competitive.

DragonTamerSean

Tamer of All Dragons
True. I meant it's placed in the wrong section. There's a Casual RMT just above it.