• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WIFI ubers

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
This is 5th generation wifi ubers Sparta!

Ok, so this team piqued #157 on the wifi ubers ladder, and is still climbing. I spent a ton of time figuring this team out, so please, give me some good rates.

imgres

Deoxys-s@focus sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly (+speed-special attack)
Evs: 252 speed, 184 attack, 72 hp
Moveset:
Taunt
SR
Spikes
Fire Punch

Deoxys-s, most used lead in any tier. Taunt, SR, and spikes are all given. Fire punch with the given evs always breaks shaymin-s’s substitutes. Sadly, even if I ran 252 attack, I still can’t 2HKO max/max forry (don’t believe me, then do the calcs yourself).

imgres

Dialga@choice specs
Nature: Modest (+special attack-attack)
Evs: 252 specialA, 36 speed, 220 hp
Moveset:
Draco Meteor
Thunder
Fire Blast
Earth Power

This is my team’s MVP. Hitting with enough force to 2HKO everything in ubers that doesn’t resist it except for blissey, 252/252 calm lugia, and the nonexistent 252/252 calm ho-oh. And of course, lugia and ho-oh are 2HKO’d with rocks down. Fire blast is obviously for steels. Thunder is for kyogre and other waters as well as for lugia and just in general paralyzing things. Earth power is for hitting grounded steels more accurately as well as opposing dialga. The evs give maximum attack force, and the speed is just enough to outspeed the 32 speed base 90’s which Smogon for some reason recommends on everything. And peeps follow Smogon.

imgres

Heracross@choice scarf
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant (attack-speed)
Evs: 240 speed, 252 attack, 16 hp
Moveset:
Sleep Talk
Close Combat
Megahorn
Stone Edge

The given evs outspeed scarfers aiming to outspeed positive base 130’s (cough, cough, mewtwo). This is also my darkrai counter. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOATHE AND DESPISE DARKRAI’S FACE!!! That thing… Anyways, hitting him with a STAB guts boosted ccbat or megahorn while asleep is pretty cool. Stone edge does a number to it as well. This guy also counters mewtwo, dialga, deoxys-D, and metagross.

imgres

Garchomp@choice scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly (+speed-specialA)
Evs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 hp
Moveset:
Dragon Claw
EQ
Outrage
Fire Blast

One of uber’s fastest scarfers. Revenge killing everything from ddquaza, to rock polish metagross, to scarf palkia. Dragon claw outrage, and EQ are obvious STABs, and fire blast is for Ferrathorn/skarmory/foretress.

imgres

Giratina-A@leftovers
Nature: Bold (+defense-attack)
Evs: 252 hp, 252 defense, 4 spD
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Pulse

Cro-atina. One of the most feared cro sets in all of pokemon. This set is crazily physically bulky (504 hp, 372 defense), and after a calm mind, is almost unbreakable specially. After two calm minds, you would need a crit to kill him on that side. At +6, STAB dragon pulse coming off of a decent base 100 special attack stat is very powerful. The moveset speaks for itself. As a side note, pressure has saved me many a time.

imgres

Kyogre@choice scarf (yes another scarfer)
Ability: Drizzle (what else?)
Nature: Modest (+special attack-attack)
Evs: 252 specialA, 252 speed, 4 hp
Moveset:
Water Spout
Surf
Thunder
Ice beam.

Perhaps the most feared pokemon in the game. Nothing except for specially defensive latias, palkia, and blissey doesn’t take massive damage from waters spout (resisted or not). Even blissey takes about 40% Surf is for when he gets under max health, and ice beam and thunder is for obvious bolt-beam coverage.

So yeah, this is my successful team. No idea how, but it works.

P.S. WHY can i not see the images i put in the post. It shes a tiny paper-looking thing instead for all of them.
Rate.

Uber team cool but u know on heracross u got sleep talk without rest and a choice scarf right sooo Life Orb>Choice Scarf? But anyways looks solid and the images are probably invalid u can find usable ones at Arkeis.Com (just give them credit)
And also I'm pretty sure garchomp is OU now

T100

T100
Uber team cool but u know on heracross u got sleep talk without rest

He is aiming on switching in on a dark void, then from what i understand using sleep talk, which picks random moves so the scarf doesn't matter.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
sleep talk picks random moves while aslep, but scarf makes me pick them before the fore attacks. As well, hereacross isn't always asleep, and choice scarf aids him.

Garchomp is OU, but he works just as good in ubers. Heracross is NU i think, and i am using him.

algae5

Heracross is UU actually, it used to be OU in 4th gen but it is just really outclassed now :(

manaphy72

really good team except for giratinas rest. instead of givin it the leftovers give it an awakening or something that will wake him up. and lose the move calm mind. teach him shadow force or something tht does physical damage

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
I would use dual chop over dragon claw on garchomp since it is not much weaker but it breaks subs plus you already have the insanely string outrage for power.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
The thing with dual chop is that it has imperfect accuracy. Yes, it does have the same power, but i have terrible luck, and thus will not risk it.

Also, while heracross is outclassed in OU, there is no pokemon in ubers that can check darkrai, mewtwo, and dialga as well as heracross does.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Alot of Choice users means alot of easy prediction and switching. Maybe on Dialga use Life Orb just so it can diverse it a little more than Choice after Choice. The Scarfs, Garchomp is the Scarf, Heracross needs it and Kyogre does a little bit, I mean I can see why, but try and diverse it a little more. Thats the only problem for me.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
I will test out removing a scarf from either dialga or kyogre. Will let you guyz know when that is tested.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
Ok, so i tested life orb dialga. It doesn't hurt, but i don't find it helping much either. But i will stick to it until i have reached a concludion.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
It stops so much easy prediction. Four Choice users is just too much in my opinion.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
Well, ubers is kinda different, seeing as walls can't punish you lock nearly as effecively, and set-up-sweepers still take a ton of damage from not very effective attacks. But i suppose i will stick with life orb for now. I would've replaced kyogre with latias, and taken thunder away from dialga, but since i am playing wifi ubers, soul dew has not been released, thus, latias is terrible in ubers.

noob21

3 sum!!!
looks like your basic Ubers team the only thing I would say is maybe pack aqua tail on chomp for rain benefit for fire moves wont do so other then that happy sailing

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
Watch out for Lead Darkrai on your team. And Choice Scarf on a ResTalker? Doesn't work. You'll get locked on to Sleep Talk.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Watch out for Lead Darkrai on your team. And Choice Scarf on a ResTalker? Doesn't work. You'll get locked on to Sleep Talk.

The aim I believe is to get locked into sleep talk specifically to beat darkrai. Hera is safe to switch into everything but dark void usually. Now Hera is safe to switch into darkrai no matter what. Locking yourself into sleep talk and dieing after you wake up at a bad time is a small price to pay to beat darkrai and 70% of the time something else. He is also a great check to lots of key ubers such as mewtwo and Dialga.

Side note: Guts is no longer activated by sleep.

garchompmaster29

Xatu>Espeon
Thank you fakestreet, could not have said it better myself.

And, yeah, that really sucks that guts doesn't get affected by sleep, but ccbat, and megahorn still one shot darkrai and megahorn/ccbat one shots mewtwo and dialga respectively.