• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii Fit Thread

So who has Wii Fit?

Came out today here in Australia and it is amazing, I wasn't expecting much but after I started to play, it was awesome!

It really does give you a workout and your muscles feel soar afterwoods in a good way, it also makes you want to excerise and go back each day to train some more.

I suggest all Wii owners to get it.

Also post your stats here!
Fitness Age When Starting: 28
Weight Group: Ideal

snowwhiteminx

...but it's wrong!
When it comes to "gaming work-outs" 0I prefer DDR ;), though I have to admit Wii Fit sounds pretty interesting; especially the snowboarding and skiing minigames. Sounds likes fun.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I plan on picking it up from Toys 'R Us on the 20th. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced at last year's E3.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Not yet. still got a bit to pay off

latios reborn

I'll be getting it shortly..

I did find a sstory though how it trumatised some teenage girl by calling her overweight..

latios reborn

Well obviously but the fact was that she got all trumatised over it.

Alzi

Toon link
I played it before it was released at Myer a couple of days a go and so far it's oright i might get it once the price drops down hell low.

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
Fitness Age When Starting: 26

Fitness Age Now: 19

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I'll be getting it shortly..

I did find a sstory though how it trumatised some teenage girl by calling her overweight..

"Rest assured, this is only the beginning. A game like this is fine in Japan, but just you wait until the sensitive, unaccountable American housewives get their claws on this thing. It'll be [fire]storm central and no mistake. Personally, I don't need a piece of plastic pretending to be a set of scales telling me I'm fat -- I can tell from looking at the [evidence]."

http://www.destructoid.com/wii-fit-traumatizes-kid-by-calling-her-overweight-84797.phtml

Anyway, It looks pretty fun, but a little expensive for me right now. It seemed awkward when I saw the expo of it.

Last edited:

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
I don't know what constitutes as being "overweight" in kids these days, I was watching this show the other day called "Too fat to toddle" about overweight under 5's, and there were some pretty chubby kiddies on there, but then there was this girl, who to me looked perfectly slim and they said she was obese o_O So much for the "puppy fat" cover up.

I don't have it yet, mainly becuase I don't really have anywhere to put it. My friend who has it is/was enjoying it, I think he's probably fell off the hype of "getting fit while playing games" as he realised he doesn't get as fit as he would if he sprinted on a treadmill for 10 minutes and it isn't half as fun as a game of Smash Bros.
If you're a hardcore gamer, don't get this in a bid to make yourself fit, as you'll probably stop playing once you've unlocked everything as your gamer instinct will tell you "you've beat the game, now go do something else" ^^

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
Staff double posting?

You're fired.

anyways, I'm waitin for some friends to get it so I can see how it works before I buy it.

A lot of commercials of it running in the TV, and well, ever since I heard of it I thought it sounded quite interesting. Don't have it (yet?), if I save up plenty of money and have the time and enthusiasm, I might buy it. But before it, I still have Super Paper Mario, MKWii and SSBB to get, haha.

NotChip

®™
I have no room in my bedroom to set this up in (my room is tiny) so I wont be buying it anytime soon.

However, I did get a promotional T-shirt.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
BMI isn't very accurate. You could be made up muscle and the game would still say you are overweight. If it measured Body Fat then it would be accurate but it doesn't. Don't listen to games yall.

~Scott;229;

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
It probably helps tone you a lot while stengthing muscles. Probably not as well as actually lifting weights, but still good enough for me.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
I have the game too!

And the Body Test results depend on your age too, I would have got different results if I was older/younger.

Stats:
Wii Fit Age In Comparison To Real Age: +5

Jogging Fun Facts:
*It doesn't use the Balance Board, instead, you use the Wii Remote which you can either put in your pocket or hold.
*If you run too fast, you'll fall.
*You can see 8-Bit Mario's on some locations
*The longest length you can choose is "Island Lap" which can take more than 10 minutes.
*If you run really fast/shake the Wii Remote fast when a dog is next to you, it will say "Now, follow the dog" and you will have to follow the dog instead of a random Mii. This is easily done on the "Island Lap", when you start there, immediatly shake the Wii Remote fast, even if you fall, keep shaking. Most likely at the second fall, a dog appears, and you'll see "Now, follow the dog".