• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii game shipping - will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
I didn't know where to post it, so if I'm in the wrong forums please move this.

I want to ship a Wii game from the USA to Europe. But I heard somewhere that US games will not work on an Europian Wii. Is this true? Please answer so I know if I can preorder it now

BCVM22

Yes, it's true.

Good answer.

Televisions, console systems and software manufactured for the Americas and Japan are designed to display in the NTSC standard. Such for just about everywhere else in the world are designed for the PAL standard. There can be absolutely no mixing of NTSC and PAL; the system, the game and the television all must be versions released for the same region.

End of discussion. Question answered. Thread over.

BCVM22

If you can find a modchip then PAL Wiis will play NTSC-U and NTSC-J games.

:(

Where's that smacking-head-against-keyboard GIF when I need it? This isn't something that can be "modded." It has to do with the very standard in which the equipment, hardware and games were designed to display images. That can't just be changed with a new chip in the hardware.

Erus Black Mage

:(

Where's that smacking-head-against-keyboard GIF when I need it? This isn't something that can be "modded." It has to do with the very standard in which the equipment, hardware and games were designed to display images. That can't just be changed with a new chip in the hardware.

iirc I read an article that it could, I'm not that tech-savvy.

I also remember this site that sold "Universal Wiis" which can play any game from any region. Though it could be a scam,

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
If you can find a modchip then PAL Wiis will play NTSC-U and NTSC-J games.
Have fun performing illegal activities and VOIDING the waranty of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.